test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

summer event questions

This is my first time doing the summer event. When the event is finished in a few weeks can I still do some events for favors and upgrade my gear? Can I still do Horgon Hunt/ Flying High for favors & egg drops? Can I still turn in eggs and finish birds already in progress? Thanks

Also, I am at the bird vendor and have submitted an egg but I have more. I guess we can only submit one a day. I turned a bird in and have one to upgrade from rare to vr but no mission shows when the bird type is selected. Can you do only one bird DOFF mission a day?

Comments

• Options
    alcaatrazalcaatraz Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    Once the event finishes, anything tied to the event (activities, rewards, and store) will be closed. You will not be able to earn more vouchers, you will not be able to earn more favours; and trade in for marks will also be unable to be done.

The only way you will be able to access the store is if you've unlocked it on that character through the event project. This will let you use any of the favours you've acquired to buy summer event items. R mark trade in will be unable to be done from this menu, thus you cannot trade them in when the event ends.

For trade in, you can only make one new Bird / monkey using the Eggs / tags a day (One Burd and One monkey per day essentially), but can still do the DOff projects to increase them.
    --- @alcaatraz || I make tanks and do maths stuffs ---
    "I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul."
  • Options
    sagen#3662 sagen Member Posts: 454 Arc User
    So do I understand that the resort goes away after the summer event and I cannot do games to get more favors after the event ends?
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    Once the event end you cannot earn anymore favors. All the vendors will disappear from the Risa. That means you cannot trade in or acquire Doff missions to raise birds and monkeys. However, you can still complete all the accolades to get Master Relaxer; though you would have to wait until next year if you want to buy the unique blue and purple Doffs.

The Summer Event store will remain open in the reputation tab as long as you have unlocked it which is done prior to collecting the Event Vouchers.
  • Options
    bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    The only "game" that remains when the event ends is Dabo.​​
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • Options
    sagen#3662 sagen Member Posts: 454 Arc User
    Thank you
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    sagen#3662 wrote: »
    This is my first time doing the summer event. When the event is finished in a few weeks can I still do some events for favors and upgrade my gear? Can I still do Horgon Hunt/ Flying High for favors & egg drops? Can I still turn in eggs and finish birds already in progress? Thanks

Also, I am at the bird vendor and have submitted an egg but I have more. I guess we can only submit one a day. I turned a bird in and have one to upgrade from rare to vr but no mission shows when the bird type is selected. Can you do only one bird DOFF mission a day?

You can do as many bird upgrades as you have birds, but I have found out if you have two birds of the same type at the same level then you can only do one of them at a time. Ex: If you have two green grotto gliders, you can only upgrade one of them at a time.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    accordvtec77accordvtec77 Member Posts: 140 Arc User
    So just so I'm clear...once the summer event is over, all of my unused tags and eggs are useless? I won't be able to do more projects for monkeys/birds?
  • Options
    crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    You can put them in your bank and save them for next year. The tags and birds don't change from year to year, so next June you'll be able to pick up right where you left off...
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • Options
    So just so I'm clear...once the summer event is over, all of my unused tags and eggs are useless? I won't be able to do more projects for monkeys/birds?

Until next year's Summer Event.
  • Options
    That's right. The eggs/tags remain the same. One of my captains had nine eggs stashed from last year that he used this year to hatch more birds.

So yeah, just bank them till next year when the event is over.

And if you haven't done a winter event yet, the Eppoh tags are the same. if you have too many leftover just save them for the next winter event.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    bubblegirl2015bubblegirl2015 Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    bloodyriz wrote: »
    The only "game" that remains when the event ends is Dabo.

Dabo will be useless with the ferengui cards as well.​​
    Wiki editor http://sto.gamepedia.com
    Original STO beta tester.
  • Options
    dragonlord1364dragonlord1364 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    so what happens when u the high flying, and almost there and you find that your hard work the get the carrier, is missing, that's what I logged into on sat 1 July, 0/1000, but Friday 30 June it was 880/1000, ware did it all go to? I already put in a ticket, but as yet on one has come forward to solve this, What can I do to solve this?
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    The resort stays, but all the games and stores in it are disabled. If you've unlocked the summer event store in the reputation window, it will stay open permanently but you can't get any more favors except by buying them on the exchange.

Any leftover ship tokens will be useless after the event and can only be discarded. Favors, monkey tags and bird eggs can be saved for next year.
    so what happens when u the high flying, and almost there and you find that your hard work the get the carrier, is missing, that's what I logged into on sat 1 July, 0/1000, but Friday 30 June it was 880/1000, ware did it all go to? I already put in a ticket, but as yet on one has come forward to solve this, What can I do to solve this?
    First:
    1. Make sure you're not looking at it on the wrong character by accident

If that's not the case and it's really bugged:
    2. File a support ticket AND
    3. Hope it gets fixed

And if it doesn't:
    4. Play the mission as far as you can and buy the missing tokens with lobi OR
    5. Forget about getting the ship this year
  • Options
    xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
    Another possibility
    warpangel wrote: »
    4. Play the mission as far as you can and

slot the mission and add your marks. Since you cannot cancel it, it will stay, and so far (no guarantees, but experience) you can complete it next year. You can use a different toon to get next year's ship at the same time, so you can get both.
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
  • Options
    nccmarknccmark Member Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    > @xyquarze said:
    > Another possibility
    > warpangel wrote: »
    >
    > 4. Play the mission as far as you can and
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > slot the mission and add your marks. Since you cannot cancel it, it will stay, and so far (no guarantees, but experience) you can complete it next year. You can use a different toon to get next year's ship at the same time, so you can get both.

Actually, you CAN cancel it, so be careful not to cancel the project.
  • Options
    i have 7 char. and a few years ago I found this out, one got last years ship. and the rest is waiting for this years ship, and after the revolt and drunkenness, from being on riser and a few punch ups which a few is in the brig, and waiting for a formal telling off, there hart sank as they all was looking forward on new beds as they already jessant all, so I got a very debunked crew. so better get into the cruiser, and once the prize has been done u just click on the stores, so no I did not cancel any missions,( already did that on 2 years ago by mistake) I had a run of bad patching, as well as crashing, and getting kicked off STO, so when I came back after 3 hours of this I got on to STO and that is when I found that it went to 0/1000 that's all, so I was a little deflated. so if it don't I will have to wait for next year, in the mean time I have been mission running,
    thank you in this matter
    Fly Safe, die well, live long and prosper.
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    I know it doesn't help, but.... for any number of reasons, I do the daily & collect the tickets (winter, summer, anniversary) until I have as many as I need. And only then do I add them to the event project. I'm sure I could still get hit by a bug for something, but it just seems safer this way. Hope things work out for you. :/
  • Options
    thankyou.. will do this next time will make sure all Char has a go so don't miss out, ( next time ).. let's hope STO comes up with a way of using the left overs after the seasonal missions is over in sted off just del them, mabe ?
  • Options
    Once the event ship project has been completed, a new event project will appear which allow you to trade in 40 vouchers for 40 marks. Naturally, this lasts until the event is over.
  • Options
    And Comp marks are in there. I got some this morning
    Now a LTS and loving it.