test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Kobayashi Maru [Untimed] - Highest Level Achieved

sneyepersneyeper Member Posts: 217 Arc User
The STOFA Red Squad team consisting of Bear, Shadow (sub Silverwings), Neramo, Azala, and Starek achieved level 47 in the untimed Kobayashi Maru. We've also reached level 16 while completing the timed Kobayashi Maru.

UPDATE 1 - Video for rounds 39-43. https://youtube.com/watch?v=M-3kw08B36g

UPDATE 2 - Video for rounds 20 - 44. https://youtube.com/watch?v=K-kIh9_Ejwc

UPDATE 3 - We have made it to level 47. Max difficulty (all skulls) kicks in at level 45, so we are the only team I know of to complete a round (let alone 2) at max difficulty. Full video from Level 1-47 at https://youtube.com/watch?v=zzuwoLPpFQk&feature=youtu.be

Here is a pic from the end of the level 47 run...

2VuLR2blLYVJtRtyvV2wHd_mFc-uCb55ToXNpnMUIZk.png?w=1023&s=49950817129dc2cd49cd8f328d47d052
Post edited by sneyeper on

Comments

• Options
    captainkrud1960captainkrud1960 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    This was so much fun, gonna break 50 tomorrow!!!! B)
  • Options
    Ya - I think we can do 50 - definitely want to get that last skull
  • Options
    ladychelle79ladychelle79 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    It was so intense at times!! We had a blast! B)
  • Options
    captainkrud1960captainkrud1960 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    absolutely, cant believe we beat the dev/reddit fleet combo lol
  • Options
    o:)>:):p
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Tomorrow we will get to 50!!
  • Options
    Also go STOFA Armada!! lol
  • Options
    aspartan1aspartan1 Member Posts: 1,054 Arc User
    Congrats guys! An amazing achievement to be sure. It is especially so given the suicidal nature of the KM pilot!
    If you are looking for an excellent PvE fleet consider: Omega Combat Division today.
    Former member of the Cryptic Family & Friends Testing Team. Sadly, one day, it simply vanished - without a word or trace...
    Obscurea Chaotica Fleet (KDF), Commander
    ingame: @.Spartan
    Romulan_Republic_logo.png
    Former Alpha & Beta Tester
    Original Cryptic Forum Name: Spartan (member #124)
    The Glorious, Kirk’s Protegè
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,392 Arc User
    "You glorious sons of she-jackal mastiff!"
    22dbb934b04ab89b2559630e337cc776.jpg
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    rndfluctuation#1470 rndfluctuation Member Posts: 813 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    Highest: 5, Lowest: 2, Common: 2 :P
    (Yes, claimed reward already. Yes I do think it's too tough for non skilled/heavily equipped/pro players)

At least 50% (and probably exactly 50%) were fails for me.

P.S.
    Event is fun, I just wish to adjust it so all could get the reward if making real efforts :)
  • Options
    e30erneste30ernest Member Posts: 1,794 Arc User
  • Options
    rndfluctuation#1470 rndfluctuation Member Posts: 813 Arc User
    yes, congratulations :)
  • Options
    mattaukettmattaukett Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    Nicely done folks
  • Options
    feliseanfelisean Member Posts: 688 Arc User
  • Options
    felisean wrote: »
    Congrats guys. Did you reached a higher wave so far?

TSC did 45 earlier today.
  • Options
    alpharaider47#7707 alpharaider47 Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    I just hit 16 today with a pickup group, untimed. Previously I had only reached 5, so it was a good run. 45 rounds is insane, great job to the team that managed that!

Does anybody know if there is still a way to get the old Maru titles like Kirk's Protege?
    sFfAcbR.jpg
    STO Beta Test and Launch Veteran
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    143 Solo. o:)

Not, 5 is the correct number. Mostly 3.

If the Freighter doesn't care about itself and puts itself into kill zones then it deserves to die quickly. In fact, it should blow itself up on Round One to prevent needless loss of life of its would be rescuers. ;)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    mmps1mmps1 Member Posts: 381 Arc User
    > @alpharaider472 said:
    > I just hit 16 today with a pickup group, untimed. Previously I had only reached 5, so it was a good run. 45 rounds is insane, great job to the team that managed that!
    >
    > Does anybody know if there is still a way to get the old Maru titles like Kirk's Protege?

There's no accos for this event. Stuff like kirk's protege can only be obtained from nws, so that would need to be brought back into the game.
    "Mr talks down to the peasants."
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    I just loved seeing the flybys of all those people getting 'Original Thinker' for participating in formulaic setups.

'Kirk's Protégé', shouldn't you have to cheat to get that one.

:)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    We've now made it to Level 47
    2VuLR2blLYVJtRtyvV2wHd_mFc-uCb55ToXNpnMUIZk.png?w=1023&s=49950817129dc2cd49cd8f328d47d052

• Options
    Also 45 is max difficulty (max skulls)
  • Options
    It gets crazy in the higher levels! We had so much fun getting to 47! 50 is the new goal!! B)
  • Options
    neramanerama Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Sure. They had fun. I was healing my heart out. I have no hair left. Thanks, team! :tired_face:
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    I only achieved level 15, but that was because time ran out. I was in the middle of healing the Maru (71% hull) when the mission ended.
  • Options
    robert13starekrobert13starek Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    As part of the Red Squad in STOFA Alliance I have to say thank you to my team mates you are all awesome. It has been my honor to be a part of this group. The Kobayashi Maru was a great challenge, especially getting to level 47. Wow! Nice job Cyptic on this one, keep up the good work.
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    I got into 40+ multiple times over the weekend thanks to the awsome players of DPS Diamond and TSC with 45 being the highest.

I must admit that I never got warm with the mission. Teams that exactly knew what they were doing were put to sleep for half an hour before things got interesting around 40. But instead of simply demanding more linear skill then I was rather under the impression that mere luck decided over how far one actually gets. I saw players and the transport get erased swiftly by torpedo spreads and good foes in the chaos of this speed phase could put an all of sudden end to an otherwise clearly dominant team.

In any case congratulations to you and your team OP! It must have taken a lot of skill and especially dedication to get to 47. By the way, Lenne@V_Silverwings was the player who taught me the original NWS a few years back. It’s nice to see him in action again in your video. :)
    Post edited by peterconnorfirst on
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    tunebreakertunebreaker Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    I must admit that I never got warm with the mission. Teams that knew what they were doing were put to sleep for half an hour before things got interesting around 40. But instead of simply demanding more linear skill then I was rather under the impression that mere luck decided over how far one actually gets. I saw players and the transport get erased swiftly by torpedo spreads and good foes in the chaos of this speed phase could put an all of sudden end to an otherwise clearly dominant team.

Yes, frankly I feel the same. My best has been 45 as well so far and while I like the mission in general, I would've much rather preferred an additional skull (difficulty increase) each wave, similarly to the old, original NWS. Or at least after every 2 waves. Current rate of progression simply feels really slow and at least first 30 waves or so weren't too interesting, nor really challenging in a good team.
  • Options
    first 30 waves or so weren't too interesting, nor really challenging in a good team.

And then after that, even good teams get caught napping. :trollface:

Congratulations on 47 guys! That's an amazing feat! Now aim for 50! :smile:

• Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Hmm is that a Bortas? What sort of build are you using?

either way that's awesome :)
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    feliseanfelisean Member Posts: 688 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    I must admit that I never got warm with the mission. Teams that knew what they were doing were put to sleep for half an hour before things got interesting around 40. But instead of simply demanding more linear skill then I was rather under the impression that mere luck decided over how far one actually gets. I saw players and the transport get erased swiftly by torpedo spreads and good foes in the chaos of this speed phase could put an all of sudden end to an otherwise clearly dominant team.

Yes, frankly I feel the same. My best has been 45 as well so far and while I like the mission in general, I would've much rather preferred an additional skull (difficulty increase) each wave, similarly to the old, original NWS. Or at least after every 2 waves. Current rate of progression simply feels really slow and at least first 30 waves or so weren't too interesting, nor really challenging in a good team.

Especially because it feels that not all of them scale propperly. we had several waves with enemy battleships having 800k hull and the next wave they had 170k again. Seems that there is a problem.

And for the difficulty, in the arena of sompek it looked the same way, they just added an additional line after filling the first ones or was it just to start over again with more skulls? cant remember that one, but it might be the same for this queue.

Oh and congrats guys, awesome work :)