test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Kobayashi Maru Lockout ACCOUNT Wide

I ran the Kobayashi Maru on my main and received the weekend event voucher as expected. I then ran it on a second toon and received nothing. After checking another 3rd toon I noticed the Queue lockout was present even though I never ran the event. I've cycled through several more and found the cool-down present on ALL of them. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Cool-down should be Character specific not Account wide.

Thanks,

Comments

• where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    The rewards from this Event is account wide...you only need to run it on one character to get the unlock on everyone.

However, if you wish....you can run this mission on as many characters as you like.

NOW....where the heck did I READ THIS????
    Why can't all this stuff come out in the blog all at once??? LOL!

All it says in the blog is this:

"Playing the Kobayashi Maru for at least three days out of the event’s duration will also unlock special limited-time rewards for you: the Prolonged Engagement Phaser Beam Array and Prolonged Engagement Phaser Dual Cannons, which are both energy weapons that become stronger the longer that your ship is in combat."

And I believe the tokens you get once a day goes toward this "Special limited-time reward"...and that unlocks for the entire account once one character gets them.

"Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • sean2448sean2448 Member Posts: 815 Arc User
    Prolonged Engagement Phaser Beam Array how many times can we claim it just once, or multiple times I would like to do a build around them if possible.
  • tzeldan52#6720 tzeldan52 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    No where (except a single twitter post today after the fact) does it say that the lockout is Account Level. Now other events have the "win once"/"claim many behavior"- [Winter/Summer Events for example] but in those cases that is clearly explained - and you can still earn rewards on individual toons if you're so inclined.

Has there EVER been an event that used an Account wide lockout like this? If they had least explained it BEFORE the release I would not have been upset.
  • fihillfihill Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    Has there EVER been an event that used an Account wide lockout like this? If they had least explained it BEFORE the release I would not have been upset.

I agree, Please put a disclaimer on it or something before the forums blow up...
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited June 2017

Yes there has, the Arena of Sompek earlier this year, which used the same weekend vouchers. There's also a similar mechanic to the free Phoenix Prize Pack claim each day when that runs, and it was also how the old daily Lobi reward from Featured Episode rerun events worked before they removed the Lobi for the last run of that.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • takfeltakfel Member Posts: 238 Arc User
    This is my first time attempting to play this event, but the bugs have me confused. I ran the event on all my captains yesterday (one after the other) with no lockout, only one captain received an event voucher. The prolonged engagement beam array is bind to account but the dual cannons are bind to character.
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    The beam arrays will also be bound to character after today's patch. You will be able to claim them on every character, though, just not trade ones that were claimed on one character with another on your account.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • vnexusvnexus Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    anodynes wrote: »
    The beam arrays will also be bound to character after today's patch. You will be able to claim them on every character, though, just not trade ones that were claimed on one character with another on your account.

-- Ooo, I missed a chance to spam the weapon on one toon
  • rndfluctuation#1470 rndfluctuation Member Posts: 813 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    For completeness:
    Account wide unlock confirmed.
    Previous event's weekend vouchers of Sompek's style can be used in the project, and I assume current event's vouchers may likely be usable in (some) future weekend event's projects as well.

Once claimed normally by a slotted project on one character, reclaimed by: Reputations -> Events -> Store -> Account Reclaims

You may wish to change zone just in case after claiming on 1st char to "kick in" an update. A relog to that char and then other may help too if it didn't work somehow.

Once you have the reward in your inventory, you may like to put the rewards in upgrade box if calimed before 30/6 patch to make those UR (though this patch makes those also charbound. It's still reclaimable on every char on your account once claimed on the first) or anyway if at high level to make those XII, all of this for free.

Some suggestions for dev/support/anybody who sees this and can make something with this:
    As one who claimed the reward already (so no personal interest here) I wish to ask to give people a chance to get this reward by doing any combination of the following:
    1. Removing the 30 minutes cd from this queue if reward was not earned or otherwise given. Some people work or study or otherwise are limited in time of tries on game
    2. Considering the above and that it's also a short event which was meant as fun for all with a one time reward for all, it seems that it's a bit too difficult to get a reward and not enough time to "learn how to do this well". A grace of time (days) would be appreciate here, and
    3. Considering the above and the audience of this reward (even having 3 rounds in Kobayashi maru can be considered failing enough for having a Kobayashi maru's event name :) getting the BASE voucher reward wasn't meant only to endgamers/skilled players only, but all those who made an efforts) -Please make round three a bit easier so that more people can pass it BY EFFORT and won't waste a significant time in only trying again and again to get the voucher. Sompek event was a reasonable model for that in my opinion. I know some "pros" don't like such adjustments, but it shouldn't hurt them, I think, if people who make efforts more validly get their BASIC reward, as long as higher rounds are not affected and as long as real effort still needed.
    A motive/insentive(?) for more skilled players (and/or those) who want to try having their time beating more rounds, would be accolades, which seem to be missing (and this beside increasing rewards ofc which is done by now already as far as I know.)

I also want to add that in my opinion the briefing is too short (considering people are lagging frequently and that most players here don't read the briefing in their own native language.) - it should in my opinion be skip-able but longer.