test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] The Kobayashi Maru Event!

Comments

• themadprofessor#9835 themadprofessor Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    dragunfyr wrote: »
    I've rec'd the Weekend Event Voucher on one of my eight toons. Bugged......

Apparently not. According to what I have heard, the voucher is once per day, per account, so getting it on one toon but not the others would support that.
    Space Barbie Extraordinaire. Got a question about Space Barbie? Just ask.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    5) True Vanity Impulse and Deflector effects similar to Vanity Shields.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
    8) Independent Faction, because yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me!
  • betanembetanem Member Posts: 122 Arc User
    The prize for this event better be in the reclaim tab in the dilith store, or theirs going to be alot of rage from people.
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    If you still have faith in the competence, intelligence and skill of your average STO player, please queue up for this weekend event and purge whatever is left.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
    I'll be lining up with Zeus, as he's my powerhouse toon.

Wanna see how long he lasts in an untimed event.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
  • mystarlite#1876 mystarlite Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    If the pic in my sig works, you can see Weekend Event Voucher is availalble and the queue is on cooldown :(
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    If the pic in my sig works, you can see Weekend Event Voucher is availalble and the queue is on cooldown :(

You need to get past at least round 2 to get the rewards.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • hotaru#3651 hotaru Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    Tried it once. First three or four waves were pretty easy, then died pretty much instantly on the one where you start blasting around the map at about Warp 700 for no apparent reason. Seriously, what was that supposed to be, anyway?

...I think I'll be playing this one exactly two more times.
    Oh i haven't been keeping track and just shooting things. Will try again and see how far i get. Thankies!
  • hanover2hanover2 Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    I'm loving the audio from TWOK. *thumbs up*

Glad they didn't restrict the enemies to Klingon ships. The Borg Cubes and Doomsday Machine made me laugh.

One HUGE difference from NWS: The Kobayashi Maru moves. If you're going to drop the shield recharge sphere from the 8472 rep, for example, try to catch the little bugger right after it changes location.

• lopequillopequil Member Posts: 1,226 Arc User
    That accent! My poor ears! Sounds like she's talking with her mouth full of catfish!
    Q9BWcdD.png
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,385 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    Some waves are just unforgivable, like the Tzenkethi ones. Even worse if the Maru happens to wander near their spawn points, you'll see its hull completely melt in less than 20 seconds.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • gerwalk0769gerwalk0769 Member Posts: 1,095 Arc User
    My first impression during my first match: How are narrow arc weapons, 90 degree and less (Torpedoes, some Cannons, or even long timer weapons like Mines), supposed to compete in this match?

I really enjoy the ground version, I loved it right off the bat. The space queue, I'm not so sure. I'll certainly run it for the vouchers.
    Joined STO in September 2010.
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,659 Arc User
    Me and my team, which includes Sailor Moon, DID IT! ^_^ V We saved the ship, yo!
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • dragunfyrdragunfyr Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    dragunfyr wrote: »
    I've rec'd the Weekend Event Voucher on one of my eight toons. Bugged......

Apparently not. According to what I have heard, the voucher is once per day, per account, so getting it on one toon but not the others would support that.

Cool. I hadn't seen that mentioned in the official webpage for the event, so I wasn't sure.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10548964

Thanks for the clarification.

Eu44IrT.jpg
    Me and my team, which includes Sailor Moon, DID IT! ^_^ V We saved the ship, yo!

Either that's a load of targ poo, or the devs missed the entire point of the Kobayashi Maru scenario.

Things I want in STO:

• saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    Today i got Doomsday Machine in one of the waves - that thing was immune to anything :#
    Lucky us the Maru did not fly into it's weapon arc... still did not manage to save it...
    I stopped looking at the right side panel after round 4 and got the voucher :D Thankies for the clarification!
  • tc10btc10b Member Posts: 1,549 Arc User

Pics or GTFO.
    Ask sailormoon if she's on the forum.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • hanover2hanover2 Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    saber1973a wrote: »
    Today i got Doomsday Machine in one of the waves - that thing was immune to anything :#
    Lucky us the Maru did not fly into it's weapon arc... still did not manage to save it...

I'm wondering if we're expected to bring a Hargpengh and shoot it in the face.
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,385 Arc User
    The Doomsday Machine is immune to all damage, but the Maru is immune to its damage as well.
    Reading all the briefing has its perks. :P
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    Well, I thought the Kobayashi Maru test was about rescuing the crew of a DISABLED Federation freighter from the Klingon Neutral Zone. But that darn thing constantly moves around, always heading for the next group of enemies. :#

Also it's not just Klingons we need to fight. Appearently the entire galaxy (and forces from Fluidic Space) has invaded the Neutral Zone determined to destroy that one little Federation freighter :D

*cough*Hargh'peng Torpedo*coughcough*

Things I want in STO:

*cough*Hargh'peng Torpedo*coughcough*

will that work on that one?
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,789 Arc User
    Thank you for making this an account wide unlock! Between the Summer Event and now this. Running multiple characters in different things would have been a bit much.
  • shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
    will that work on that one?
    Actually a fair question, given that the ones encountered in 'The Core of the Matter' and 'Days of Doom' are (if I recall the briefing notes correctly) specifically modified by the Na'kuhl (how?) to eliminate that weakness.
  • rmackiermackie Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    A quick question, can you only claim the weekend token provided by this event once per day, per account? I claimed it on one character, then ran the event on another character and only got dilithium and marks, no additional token for the second character? If so might i respectfully suggest when announcing the event it is stated, or in the description of the event it could be stated?
    Commanding Officer USS Intrepid

Commanding Officer USS Frontenac

Commanding Officer Enterprise NX-01
    rmackie wrote: »
    A quick question, can you only claim the weekend token provided by this event once per day, per account? I claimed it on one character, then ran the event on another character and only got dilithium and marks, no additional token for the second character? If so might i respectfully suggest when announcing the event it is stated, or in the description of the event it could be stated?

The voucher cooldown is account wide. You can see by clicking on View Cooldowns in the PvE queue window.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    I just did this and a wave of Fed ships blew up the Kobayashi Maru and i didn't get any marks or the Weekend Event Voucher. So if we lose on the Fed wave we get nothing?
    I had that happen on wave 14. Are you sure it was your first run for the day?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg