test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Kobayashi Maru not giving out rewards

admiraljohn1701admiraljohn1701 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
edited June 2017 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I played The Kobayashi Maru (Unlimited) new event 3 times on 3 Federation characters I have. My main character received the awards at the end just fine but when I played it two more times at the end the window to select the mark crate didn't appear. The 2nd time I warped out before the mark crates appeared so I thought it might of been lag and I warped out a little to quickly but I just did another run and at the end of the event I waited in the map till the timer expired and the window to select the mark crates never appeared. So far I've only managed to reach round 3. I received the 20hr cooldown for the weekend voucher but I've never received it on my two alts.

PS. The alts that I was unable to get rewards on so far have been my 23rd Century Starfleet characters. My first run was with my main Federation character. So it might be something with only characters from 23rd century?
Actual join date: Aug 2010
1000+ day veteran :)

Comments

• defcon1776defcon1776 Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    no rewards for me, just a waste of time
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid." Q
    Join the 44th Fleet. [FED and KDF] Apply Online: startrek.44thfleet.com
  • entwaldentwald Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    My second federation character haven't receive daily voucher too - it's not about 23rd Century Starfleet characters
    Hope that rewards will be available in event store (account reward claim)
  • ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,677 Community Manager
    Hey folks,

The daily vouchers are meant to be one per account - as you can use the reclaim store to get the rewards on all of your characters.

You have to pass level 3 on the queue to receive marks.
  • rndfluctuation#1470 rndfluctuation Member Posts: 813 Arc User
    As one who have finished already (so no personal interest) I think wave three is a bit too difficult considering you want most people to get the BASE (voucher) reward for their efforts. Even if it's Kobayashi Maru's scenario :)

Some relevant suggestions:
    You may consider making wave/round three a bit easier without changing other waves (so keeping the challenge), having a bit more time added for this specific event (a grace), and/or removing the 30 minutes cooldown for this queue for those who didn't get the BASE reward for any reason. (Some people are studying/working/otherwise limited in their hours online and can't try again and again until they "learn". Efforts should count for BASE reward while keeping it challenging for others by not changing other levels and possibly by adding achievement accolades beside the current leveling of rewards.) Longer yet skip-able briefing would be encouraged as well as this is a new event and people learn it - sometimes under event's pressure and in a language which is not their own.

A suggestion for stuff, in the right topic in my opinion, hence tagging @ambassadorkael @ambassadorkael#6946 (sorry if I did wrong in this, I don't know for sure if it's OK or the exact format.) But please stop deleting my post on honest editing, it's just not OK - threshold too low. (auto delete on edits triggers too easily like it did now)

While editing, I use the opportunity thank the player who posted the briefing fully in this forum today, though I don't have the link at this very moment or the poster name, it's easily found.
  • rc5150420rc5150420 Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    I got three vouchers but I go to use them and the store wont open when i select use on the drop down item menu
    edited July 2017
    rc5150420 wrote: »
    I got three vouchers but I go to use them and the store wont open when i select use on the drop down item menu
    Edit: this is irrelevant to the specific poster's question - saw after a re-read and posted a response bellow. However I put this info here as it is useful.

Short Answer:
    Vouchers are possibly in overflow bag and are not taken from there into projects directly though they are counted. Move those into the inventory first.

Long Answer: Though I am unsure what's happened, know that:
    1. You should slot the project on Reputations -> Events -> (Projects) better do so on a single character per account (to avoid troubles later)
    2. Take anything out of overflow bag and just in case put the vouchers in your inventory, then go to the above noted project and slot it there.
    (You get a voucher only after COMPLETING 3+ rounds and if account is not within the (daily/)20h cool down term)
    Players with shared account bank can use other characters on same account to earn vouchers for the account, (later move those to the inventory of the character you have the project on and then putting them into the project,) but the cool down for vouchers is ACCOUNT WIDE - 20h after success though there may potentially be subtleties with days limits.
    3. Once you have put 3 vouchers on one such project of an account, you can claim the project's result (again, Reputations -> Events -> (Projects) <your project>)
    4. Once claimed reward on a character, just in case you may move zone - it may avoid some update issue. If failed to do that before logout, or if having problem with step 5 of reclaiming on other char, you may just in case relog to that original char. This may likely be enough for update but you may further move zone just in case after that relog.
    5. Claiming is done by characters of the same account, by going to Reputations -> Events -> Store (scroll down)

There could be other issue which I am not aware of. I don't know if vouchers work from the personal bank (those probably do) but I know those do NOT work from the overflow bag or from the shared bank account, until moved to the inventory etc.
    edited July 2017
    @rc5150420
    Ah I forgot/failed to understand, sorry: You don't use them by the right click menu. You open a project instead!

Reputations -> Events -> (Projects. Slot the project there, on one character on the account, and then put the vouchers in it.)
  • rc5150420rc5150420 Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    Im sorry I posted in the wrong spot for my problem but thanks for the help guys it worked and i got my phaser thanks again for the help :)
    rc5150420 wrote: »
    Im sorry I posted in the wrong spot for my problem but thanks for the help guys it worked and i got my phaser thanks again for the help :)
    I am not a stuff member (am a player like you :)) but I think you did fine
    Anyway I am glad your problem was solved :)