test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] Season 13.5 Comes to PC July 18th

Comments

• bassmas314bassmas314 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    Is Martok going to become the Klingons' Tasha Yar? A canon character who is supposed to be dead but can't seem to actually stay dead?
  • zuigje010zuigje010 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    Please Cryptic, this is going on for years now, we complain cuz we care. We want less farm and grind features and more playable content. A lot of my friends and Fleet/Armada members are quitting or have stopped playing the game. :(
    Why bring back No Win scenario as a mini event? We have already too many events going on.
    Also no more new reputations, no more fleet holdings, no more specializations, no more R&D, no more grind and farm features for the rest of the year, we aren't drones! We would really love, for an example, some playable content for our fleets, there is absolutley nothing to do in a fleet. Would be nice if you could give fleets 2 PvE raids to queue in, 1 ground and 1 space PvE queue for 10 men to start with, just to give you an example. It doesn't need to tie with the current ongoing storyline of the episodes. Just do something like a side story, just like the Red Alert queues only where for example the Borg is attacking a specific planet trying to assimilate the population and we are trying to stop them in space and on ground. First time each week will reward you something like dil ore, choice of marks, 1 or 2 spec. points, R&D mats and bonuses etc. something like that.
    Heck I really don't care but just the ability to do something bigger with my fleet members rather then 5 men STF's would be a lot of fun :)

just my 2 cents.
  • e1ime1im Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    Srsly, gyus, why didn't you save the J.G. Hertzler news until AFTER the Brushfire release? Player reaction to suddenly finding fully voiced Martok would be priceless. Not teaching you PR or anything...
  • chromatychromaty Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    A single mission is not a "season", just because you have to play it again and again to get to a set. What a joke! Embarrassing.
    eng_sig.jpg
  • geezerpunkgeezerpunk Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    I really don't understand the idea of One story + one mission = one season. We have one complete mission with the Tzenkethi and some interesting informaition about the Dantari. But that is what constitutes one (or one half) a season.

Your marketing department is broken if the only way they can sell interest is to call it a new season.
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    Another season that's big on hype, and light on content. It feels like it's 2010 again.

I remember when these dev blog releases were exciting because you knew it was just the tip of the iceberg on what was lurking below.

Now they're just giving us the tip of the iceberg and calling it a day.

3w1RC9t.gif​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    I'm looking forward to the Season 13.5 & it's offerings. I think for a mid-season update the current offerings are sufficient, but the devil is in the details. Nice to see an introduction into the new mid-season with Todd & Hertzler, Klingons, leading the story-front. I have wee hesitations about the Endeavor System & the Ferengi Admiralty, but will embrace it hoping it is enjoyable, worth while, leads to better things, & is fun instead of just the same grind with new paint.
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
    The next major update to Star Trek Online hits PC on July 18th, with console soon after:

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10549074

So it looks like this update will be installed on a Tuesday.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HG_Hx-0ulQ

Are we certain it's a Tuesday?
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    chromaty wrote: »
    A single mission is not a "season", just because you have to play it again and again to get to a set. What a joke! Embarrassing.

PSA for folks: the current episode count for season 13 is now up to two. The 13.5 update is still a part of season 13.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • ash352ash352 Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    While the Endeavor and new admiralty track appears to be what the main focus of the ".5" patch is about it really does feel lackluster to make one featured episode a season. I understand that the episode isn't the main focus but there needs to be more of them coming out at an increased pace. Unless you're going to drop another expansion on us with 30+ missions all at once this really feels like you're not actually producing things outside of lockboxes at anything beyond a glacial pace. The location art in them has been fantastic but if that's the reason they're coming out at a snails pace I'd rather have recycled art just to get the story progressing at more than an ice age pace. It's not as though you're giving us full on modeled rewards we can see on our characters from them or anything so you don't even have to be wild on that art.

This game isn't going to keep players by only releasing gamble box content at any reasonable pace. Release actual in game story content and supplement that with gamble stuff. Hell, even just fixing blatant bugs to make the content you already have work properly might help, like the brand new space battle zone that still doesn't work right and is still a bug ridden mess. Maybe release that ground battlezone to actually give us something to do. If you really can't push out featured episodes for some unknown reason fix the stuff in game and at least deliver on what you already said would be coming out.
    edited June 2017
    nommo#5819 wrote: »
    I have wee hesitations about the Endeavor System & the Ferengi Admiralty, but will embrace it hoping it is enjoyable, worth while, leads to better things, & is fun instead of just the same grind with new paint.

Think of Endeavors as rewards spackle! We don't have goals that operate at the multi-day timescale, besides irregular events like Sompek and the Kobayashi Maru. It fills a gap between daily/hourly assignments from doffs, reps, and admiralty and the multi-week events of new FE's, queue grinds, and festivals.

It could be a nice fit and there's no apparent downside. It's just more stuff.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    nommo#5819 wrote: »
    I have wee hesitations about the Endeavor System & the Ferengi Admiralty, but will embrace it hoping it is enjoyable, worth while, leads to better things, & is fun instead of just the same grind with new paint.

Think of Endeavors as rewards spackle! We don't have goals that operate at the multi-day timescale, besides irregular events like Sompek and the Kobayashi Maru. It fills a gap between daily/hourly assignments from doffs, reps, and admiralty and the multi-week events of new FE's, queue grinds, and festivals.

A grind while you wait for the other grinds?

2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
    edited June 2017
    thay8472 wrote: »

Other way, put in time over three days to get what might have taken intense hours to pull together. I think Endeavors could give us more options for how we approach grinds. If the daily grind (as a grind) is too much, don't worry about it. Focus on building up to Endeavors. It sounds like they're going to be pretty general (Ex. getting kills with a certain kind of space weapon. Romping through story missions or the Foundry would satisfy that. You just have to set yourself up to meeting the conditions. It doesn't sound like what follows is going to be an intense grind.)
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    X.5 seasons always introduce some new mechanics, probably a new ship, and some more content, x.5 seasons are not meant to be full seasons, but an expansion of the existing one :blush:
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User

Other way, put in time over three days to get what might have taken intense hours to pull together. I think Endeavors could give us more options for how we approach grinds. If the daily grind (as a grind) is too much, don't worry about it. Focus on building up to Endeavors. It sounds like they're going to be pretty general (Ex. getting kills with a certain kind of space weapon. Romping through story missions or the Foundry would satisfy that. You just have to set yourself up to meeting the conditions. It doesn't sound like what follows is going to be an intense grind.)

If it's like the delta community grinds it'll be a 'why bother?' grind. I'll let other people do the work for the rewards. XD

As for foundry related things popping up, you know people will just do the quick grind missions ... hell, I would.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • robyvisionrobyvision Member Posts: 293 Arc User
    pvp where?
  • vipers69plus1vipers69plus1 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    The next major update to Star Trek Online hits PC on July 18th, with console soon after:

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10549074

WOW the last season update was a bigger BOMB than I thought Cryptic had to rush out a new season a full two months earlier than any other season update on record! Now bring back things like "NO WIN Scenario" and other missions (on a permanent basis) that require a challenge and teamwork for the end game players so that we can get our talent back into playing this game PLEASE!!!???
    END THE WELFARE PROGRAM CRYPTIC OR MAYBE WE NEED TO END YOURS!!!
    edited June 2017

If it's like the delta community grinds it'll be a 'why bother?' grind. I'll let other people do the work for the rewards. XD

As for foundry related things popping up, you know people will just do the quick grind missions ... hell, I would.
    Endeavors count (as far as I understand it) on an individual basis (with progress counting across the account). You have to put in the work but hopefully the scale is reasonable.

What I meant by the Foundry in this case is that the Endeavor reward examples aren't all that specific to what you play. If we have to kill Voth for example, there's the Foundry, zones, episodes, and PVE's to play. That means targeted gameplay (not single-item grinding) unless the required kill counts are just completely over the top and thinking about maximizing completion per unit time becomes important to effectively completing Endeavors.
  • hawkyenarasumashawkyenarasumas Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    I know it's been said already, but please try to avoid posting major story spoilers in your blogs - even if you're excited about the Trek alumni you're bringing to the game.

Other than that, here's hoping we get some things added to the game that are actually worth spending GPL on. I've been sitting on hundreds of thousands for years and that's AFTER buying all the trophies and playing around with holo-emitters.
    ■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
    Admiral Hawkye L. Narasumas
    Commanding Officer, NX-91883 U.S.S. Harmony - Prometheus Class Custom Variant
    Fleet Commander, No Fate

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
  • tripwire690tripwire690 Member Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    ATTENTION CRYPTIC: Season 13 was NOT a PvP Season. Look at the Queues UI update. Does anyone find it odd that despite the facelift on the PvE Queues tab and the Private Queues Tab, the PvP tab is EXACTLY THE SAME despite all the "hard work" they put in? Its been 7 years and we can't even get updates to the same 3 Arena pvp maps that have existed in game since Season 2 let alone their pictures on the PvP Queues Tab. Must take a lot to just add pictures.

ATTENTION CRYPTIC: I buy ships and support this company for 7 years just like many other players and YOU can't even maintain the part of the game I like the most. Let alone add a respectable rewards or ranking system despite years of asking for it. How about a damn update on what the hell you want to do with pvp so we at least are in "the know" somehow? We suffer with a broken PvP Scoreboard, Terrible Queue Group Implementation that doesn't even allow Cross Faction Queueing for Public PvE or PvP, One or Two Episodes per season it seems now but "ALL STOP and Activate Emergency Patch Fix" if some player can't sit properly in his or her chair on Risa.

ATTENTION CRYPTIC: Please update the PvP Players YOU DO HAVE on the current state and direction of Pure PvP in Star Trek Online via Blog, Forum Post, Twitter, Facebook or Viewing Screen. We have supported you for over 7 years, I think its the least you could do at this point late in the game. Or is that STILL too much of a request?

-Captain Alkami-
    starfleet_department_of_temporal_investigations_by_gazomg-da64jys.jpg

Let no other Captain discourage you from what you believe you can achieve in PvP. Debuffs and Disables be damned! Charge up your Backstep and Forge your build out of Lock Boxes, Consoles, and Flash Sales feeding off of only your pure will to chain, spam, and hax your way forward. You will not be forgotten to history.
  • tiberiusdangertiberiusdanger Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    There seems to be a typo in the announcement. It says "New Stories" which I assume actually means "New Story" as once again it'll be a single new mission. I imagine that like in all previous seasons since, like 9, the bulk of the new story will be told on the website, instead of, you know, in the actual game. Because why make a mission when you can do a blog post?
  • raquel013raquel013 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Well seen this coming Martok back again..well hello Klingon Civil War....again... I must agree with others why in the world did you tell us instead of letting us run with out gut feeling?? Some knew it would be him, others were still left guess!!
  • haarddhaardd Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    There seems to be a typo in the announcement. It says "New Stories" which I assume actually means "New Story" as once again it'll be a single new mission. I imagine that like in all previous seasons since, like 9, the bulk of the new story will be told on the website, instead of, you know, in the actual game. Because why make a mission when you can do a blog post?
    ditto
    I think STO-STAFF have confused episode and season. I know you aren't Bioware but you aren't Leisure Suit Larry either. Just look in the foundry, you could fill seasons with the stories there.....fill them with something, please!
    LTS4LIFE