test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

passengers and brig

spy8446spy8446 Member Posts: 585 Arc User
is there a way to increase the number of people in your brig or the passengers you can have?

Comments

• Options
    hereticknight085hereticknight085 Member Posts: 3,783 Arc User
    No. Those are locked at 20. However, your overflow bag can have a large number of either, but once you get above 50, the game won't let you do much of anything until you clear them out.
    It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once. B)
  • Options
    that really sucks, we can increase the number of officers, both bridge and duty, but cant increase brig or passengers?
  • Options
    feiqafeiqa Member Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    Look at it this way. These are starships not prison vessels, and despite the jokes about TNG, nor are they cruise ships. So why would you want larger places to put people you should not be regularly carrying?

Originally Posted by pwlaughingtrendy
    Network engineers are not ship designers.
    Nor should they be. Their ships would look weird.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Refugees get better quarters though. They are bunked in with the regular crew and count against your normal Doff allotment limit. So you could theoretically have a Refugee Ship.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    AH but here I can argue about the prison/cruise ship comment.
    in a few TNG eps, the Enterprise DID have to carry a number of colonists on more than once occasion, i think it was alleged a few hundred each time?
    I think there was 2-3 eps for the colonists.

One ep had them using the holodeck, the other had them using a/some cargo bays, to hold the people.

Voyager used a cargo bay to transport prisoners from a prison ship that got destroyed, i think there was 10? prisoners, more than the brig could hold.
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    I have >50 colonists and prisoners in the boxes they come in from Admiralty missions. It's a great place to leave them till you need them! :D
  • Options
    Good point Azrael, good point, but still they were there.
    point is, if you are going with canon, room can be made.
    Drac, also good point, but why be forced to do that? you also have to wait till the mission using the ones in question is over then open and then do mission and repeat right?
    even if the max was ....... 50? each, it would be more than enough ..... yes?
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    spy8446 wrote: »
    Drac, also good point, but why be forced to do that? you also have to wait till the mission using the ones in question is over then open and then do mission and repeat right?
    even if the max was ....... 50? each, it would be more than enough ..... yes?

Yeah, you can only ever have prisoners 20 available for missions at any one time. But I've never really found I needed more than that for a days worth of missions. Now Colonists on the other hand... when trying to get a new toon run through the different nebulas around the sector you find you could use 50 colonists at one time. ;)
  • Options
    if you are KDF you need prisoners just as much, some missions start low as 350 dil and up to ..... 1k? and thats really useful if you are in real need for dil.
    its nice after going to bed, to be able to get up and accept all the mission rewards and having just enough for refinement and stashing a little extra.
    prisoners for Fed are useless, true.
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    It is simply a game restriction Cryptic has decided to implement that is applied to all star ships across the board whether it is the Temporal Heavy Dreadnought Cruiser (Enterprise J) or the B'rel Bird of Prey. Doff compliment is limited to 500. Prisoners are limited to 20 and Passengers/Colonists are limited to 20. That is a total of 540 Doffs. And that excludes the captain and all the Boffs. Just accept the limitation and move on.

That is actually a lot of people to cram into a B'rel BoP which typically has a 6 - 12 crew compliment and can hold up to 4 prisoners.

http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Klingon_Bird-of-Prey
  • Options
    jaguarskx wrote: »
    It is simply a game restriction Cryptic has decided to implement that is applied to all star ships across the board whether it is the Temporal Heavy Dreadnought Cruiser (Enterprise J) or the B'rel Bird of Prey. Doff compliment is limited to 500. Prisoners are limited to 20 and Passengers/Colonists are limited to 20. That is a total of 540 Doffs. And that excludes the captain and all the Boffs. Just accept the limitation and move on.

That is actually a lot of people to cram into a B'rel BoP which typically has a 6 - 12 crew compliment and can hold up to 4 prisoners.

http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Klingon_Bird-of-Prey

It has room. Just throw out the unused computer core and replace the livestock with prisoners. You might only have 470 of the 540 when you get to your next stop but you can do it. >:)

• Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    feiqa wrote: »
    and despite the jokes about TNG, nor are they cruise ships. So why would you want larger places to put people you should not be regularly carrying?

I beg to differ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWyxZR69CI0
  • Options
    redvengeredvenge Member Posts: 1,425 Arc User
    It would be kinda cool if the Diplomacy commendation granted more Passenger slots as you gained levels in it.

It would also be neat if Marauding commendation granted more Brig slots as you gained levels in it.
  • Options
    exactly, it doesn't even have to be a LOT of extra slots, a max of 50? should be about all you would need
  • Options
    bubblegirl2015bubblegirl2015 Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    I usually sell the extras to exchange or donate to fleet.​​
    Wiki editor http://sto.gamepedia.com
    Original STO beta tester.
  • Options
    even so, only having 20 max?
    KDF has ..... what? 4? duty officer missions that give a range of rewards, then there is the nebula missions, i think there is also a mission FED players can have in Alpha Quad ...... near Cardasia?

generally speaking, I think the Fed should also get more missions for prisoners too.
  • Options
    skullblits#4627 skullblits Member Posts: 1,273 Arc User
    airlock maintenance. only done by prisoners. 100% failure rate..
  • Options
    feiqa wrote: »
    Look at it this way. These are starships not prison vessels, and despite the jokes about TNG, nor are they cruise ships. So why would you want larger places to put people you should not be regularly carrying?

Orion slave traders. $$$$$$$!!!!!

And Jor, your so going to that fiery pace for that vid.........cause I can't get the damn song out meh HEAD!!!!!!

Good point on the Orions. And agree on the video. I needed vodka after that. . . :s