test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

33% Lifetime Subscription Sale!

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
A Lifetime Subscription to Star Trek Online is 33% off on all platforms from now until July 27th!

PC details:
https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10546163

Console details:
https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/xbox/star-trek-online/news/detail/10546173

Comments

• ightenighten Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    gets calculator out....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • daddytrekdaddytrek Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    You know what be good? If current lifers with extra STO accounts got an extra bonus reduction in a second lifetime subscription.

BTW Kudos to the guy who did the new ship skins. More of this approach to game improvements please.
  • unotetsuunotetsu Member Posts: 660 Arc User
    The breakdown of $199.99 for lifetime is as follows:

$16.66 - Per Month for ONE Year
    $8.33 - Per Month for TWO Years
    $5.56 - Per Month for THREE Years

I recommend that if you have played for a year and enjoy, and you feel like you are going to play at least another year or two the sale is certainly worth it.

Also remember One of the Lifetime/Veteran benefits is that you get 500 ZEN an month, so if you currently buy ZEN on a regular basis that is roughly $5.00 a month bonus, so if you are going to play for at least three years and regularly buy ZEN. Three years worth of play basically pays for itself!

hope this is helpful!

I must warn you, I am quite Isane! I am Grand Duchess of the Abh Empire: Beneej Letopanyu Spoor!
  • nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    It's very tempting, & I like investing some $ sometimes since I enjoy the game, but already having 8 characters to level 60 I have to weigh whether or not I'm getting a decent bang for my buck with any additional benefits it would offer pass the 300 day mark.

I'll definitely consider it, but I would definitely recommend it as a possibility if a player enjoyed STO & was fairly new to STO.

Then it becomes a better value.

Good time for anyone considering however.

Now if it included, or even a better chance than the current minuscule odds, at past event ships & similar then that would be enticing to buy a Lifetime subscription!
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    I really like that chubby veteran ship, but the price is just way out of what I'd be willing to spend, even after six years of playing STO.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
    angrytarg wrote: »
    I really like that chubby veteran ship, but the price is just way out of what I'd be willing to spend, even after six years of playing STO.​​

If your "chubby" means the Federation one I totally agree.

All 3 faction veteran ships look nice, but that particular Fed veteran ship design I really like compared to the KDF & Rom versions & it's usually the other way around for me.

unotetsu wrote: »
    The breakdown of $199.99 for lifetime is as follows:

$16.66 - Per Month for ONE Year
    $8.33 - Per Month for TWO Years
    $5.56 - Per Month for THREE Years

I recommend that if you have played for a year and enjoy, and you feel like you are going to play at least another year or two the sale is certainly worth it.

Also remember One of the Lifetime/Veteran benefits is that you get 500 ZEN an month, so if you currently buy ZEN on a regular basis that is roughly $5.00 a month bonus, so if you are going to play for at least three years and regularly buy ZEN. Three years worth of play basically pays for itself!

hope this is helpful!

Your breakdown is helpful & thanks.

From what I've read, I could be incorrect though, is not all of the benefits are retroactive if you already have a max level character so that one character(s) wouldn't get some of the benefit(s) & that's a shame!
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    I'll pay full Price if this option would be on steam, i dont have a credit card, but with steam i can buy with my debit card in my local money
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • milanmessinamilanmessina Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    gaevsman wrote: »
    I'll pay full Price if this option would be on steam, i dont have a credit card, but with steam i can buy with my debit card in my local money

Same here, In Belgium debit card does'nt work, prepaid mastercard does'nt work, not even mastercard Gold.
    Steam would be a great option.

• mist110098mist110098 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    how do you buy on xbox I can't find any way to get to it all I can find is zen purchase
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    Interesting. When I originally posted there was no mention of an XBox LTS and since I got to this page through the link in the PC version of the blog, I had no idea there even was a console version of the LTS. I wonder how much they cost since there is no mention of price in the XBox blog.

My apologies for thinking this was PC only.
    Post edited by iamynaught on
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • vinny#6447 vinny Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    A Lifetime Subscription to Star Trek Online is 33% off on all platforms from now until July 27th!

PC details:

Console details:

If I knew how pointless a LTS was I would have not wasted my money.
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    you know what'd be cool.... if the site to buy the subscription ACTUALLY LOADED!!
  • mystarlite#1876 mystarlite Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    you know what'd be cool.... if the site to buy the subscription ACTUALLY LOADED!!

I wanted to check it out and had entered my one time verification code twice only to get sent back to the login screen yet again. But from what i've read thus far it's credit card only so i can't get it anyway. At least i don't have to go to through an order process to find out they don't take PayPal.

I wanted to check it out and had entered my one time verification code twice only to get sent back to the login screen yet again. But from what i've read thus far it's credit card only so i can't get it anyway. At least i don't have to go to through an order process to find out they don't take PayPal.

paypal **is** a payment option
  • michaelbot2000michaelbot2000 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Are you serious??? I just bought it at full price 5 days ago! Why does this happen to me?!?
    Are you serious??? I just bought it at full price 5 days ago! Why does this happen to me?!?

this is why Ive been sitting on the money for it for months waiting
  • aspartan1aspartan1 Member Posts: 1,054 Arc User
    I got a LTS on preorder as well as all the different copies (special bonuses) and spent about $25 on the game on average over the years not counting fleet expenses such as a VOIP server, website -etc.....

Nonetheless I cant get another LTS so I just blew through 50,000 Zen on numerous quality of life items in the store. Soon I'll own every ship... The main reason for this is simple, the quality of things especially the look and feel has gone up considerably recently.

Anyway, I would like to see an enhanced LTS account or even a monthly lobi option or something along those lines if possible...
    If you are looking for an excellent PvE fleet consider: Omega Combat Division today.
    Former member of the Cryptic Family & Friends Testing Team. Sadly, one day, it simply vanished - without a word or trace...
    Obscurea Chaotica Fleet (KDF), Commander
    ingame: @.Spartan
    Romulan_Republic_logo.png
    Former Alpha & Beta Tester
    Original Cryptic Forum Name: Spartan (member #124)
    The Glorious, Kirk’s Protegè
  • entnx01entnx01 Member Posts: 545 Arc User

PC details:

Console details:

Is this live on PS4?

I'm seeing a price of $250 (25,000 Zen), but I recall it being cheaper normally compared to PC due to the lack of stipend. Wouldn't 33% off this be approximately $167 (16,700 Zen)?
  • tahlloltahllol Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    Its not worth a penny to become a lifer anymore. The game is nearly dead, the super majority of the STF's are no longer even done. Getting into the newer ones takes forever, new players really don't join and stick around the game. Content is so slow to come out and just rehash of the same old TRIBBLE the game isn't going to last long enough to make a life time sub worth anything at this point.
  • williamonealwilliamoneal Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    ... nice
    Just bought my lifetime 3 months ago. there's $100 down the drain...
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    ... nice
    Just bought my lifetime 2 months ago. there's $100 down the drain...
    Thank you for your sacrifice.

On the plus side, that is 2 months extra you got to play with the lifetime rewards. Probably not worth 100$, admittedly.

The general recommendation for money-aware players of STO is to realize that everything will be on sale at some point. Lifetime, C-Store ships and other items and services, Lobi items, Zen. Wait for those times before you buy them. I think the worst case scenario is waiting half a year (maybe one year?) for the right type of sale. So if you buy without some of sale, know you do it because you want it now!

Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • ightenighten Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    tahllol wrote: »
    Its not worth a penny to become a lifer anymore. The game is nearly dead, the super majority of the STF's are no longer even done. Getting into the newer ones takes forever, new players really don't join and stick around the game. Content is so slow to come out and just rehash of the same old **** the game isn't going to last long enough to make a life time sub worth anything at this point.

It would be nice if mmo companies themselves had some sort of yearly outline plan for the future. Though its something they all seem to run in fear off

TBF I cant see STO ever dying simply because the title has such a fan base outside the game etc etc.. I suppose they could seriously revamp or upgrade it but that tends to kill half your user base with mmos
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • spectrusregentspectrusregent Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    vinny#6447 wrote: »

PC details:

Console details:

If I knew how pointless a LTS was I would have not wasted my money.

Got that right. Once you hit 60 the only way to get new ships is laying down more cash for keys to unlock "limited time only" lockboxes, C-Store R&D packs with absurdly low drop rates, or wait for the summer/winter events. Everyone in-in game will just tell you to "It's F2P. They have to make money somehow." :/
  • spectrusregentspectrusregent Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    ... nice
    Just bought my lifetime 2 months ago. there's $100 down the drain...
    Thank you for your sacrifice.

On the plus side, that is 2 months extra you got to play with the lifetime rewards. Probably not worth 100$, admittedly.

The general recommendation for money-aware players of STO is to realize that everything will be on sale at some point. Lifetime, C-Store ships and other items and services, Lobi items, Zen. Wait for those times before you buy them. I think the worst case scenario is waiting half a year (maybe one year?) for the right type of sale. So if you buy without some of sale, know you do it because you want it now!

On sale where? Other than the AoY bundle, the only sales I've seen through the years are the 20%-off what's already in the C-store. Lobi used to be available in game but since 2013 it's only available from lockboxes and 15 lobi reward for replaying a mission, but you can only do once per day/account so you're still mostly stuck spending real cash to buy Zen to buy keys to open many, many lockboxes to accumulate 900 lobi for ships like the Kelvin-timeline dreadnought. :|
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    Unfortunately for Australian's such as myself the difference is only one sixth instead of one third which makes it around $250 and it is still more than I'd like to pay.
    Post edited by avoozuul on