test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Phaser rifles without neon/holographic visuals?

stonesdeltastonesdelta Member Posts: 24 Arc User
I am looking for a phaser rifle without any neon/holographic visuals like all normal Mk XI.
I noticed Compression Phaser Rifle from Delta Reputation doesn't have neon/holographic visuals and very canon look.
Are there any other phaser rifle like so that can be used for end game contents? (I know lower Mk phaser rifles have TNG look and feel, but they can't be used for end game)

Comments

• seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    While not resembling any canon weapons the elite fleet gear keeps it realtive simple.
    35bvwq0.jpg

As for the delta rifle, it sure looks like the thing from VOY but it's hilariously oversized. It's almost as big as an average sized character.

• jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    All weapons can be used for end game content as long as you upgrade them. Agony phaser rifles do not have any holographic effects.
  • giliongilion Member Posts: 686 Arc User
    jaguarskx wrote: »
    All weapons can be used for end game content as long as you upgrade them. Agony phaser rifles do not have any holographic effects.

Unfortunately the basic phaser skins change when you upgrade them. I tried buying and crafting a basic MkII Phaser stun pistol and when I tried to upgrade them the skin changed and more holographic weirdness showed up the higher the Mk lvl grew. Would be nice if that didn't happen, if you upgrade a weapon with a certain skin it'll keep the skin it started with. The holographic nonsense was cool at first, but I'd really like to use a plain TNG, DS9 or Voy phaser.
    I didn't know that. I primarily use plasma and antiproton ground weapons. In addition to agony phasers, I believe assault phaser do not have holographic visuals... at least the wide beam pistol does not... since it is from the TMP era. But the rifles are pretty expensive which I why I have not played around with an assault phaser split beam rifle as a potential secondary weapon yet.
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,324 Arc User
    If it doesn't absolutely be a phaser, the Chroniton split beam rifle from one the missions looks like base phaser rifle with an added scope but no holographic effects though obviously the beam looks nothing like a phaser when fired.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,600 Arc User
    Go old school with TOS phaser rifles?
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,667 Arc User
    Go old school with TOS phaser rifles?

That's one way. I kinda like the holograms myself.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • stonesdeltastonesdelta Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    While not resembling any canon weapons the elite fleet gear keeps it realtive simple.
    35bvwq0.jpg

As for the delta rifle, it sure looks like the thing from VOY but it's hilariously oversized. It's almost as big as an average sized character.

Oh wow, so fleet ground weapons actually look like those on display? That is very nice information!
    Hey guys, thanks for all information. I decided to get myself and Boffs Elite fleet rifles
    IMO I think Sniper Rifle is the closest one to movies (shoots bolts, not beams)

I also came accross pretty cool page where all elite rifles are shown so I thought I'd share it here!
    http://imgur.com/a/CJbwW#0
  • ironmakoironmako Member Posts: 770 Arc User
    I'm really glad someone asked this, as I had a similar question regarding both the Fed TNG weapons, and also the TNG/movie era Kingon wapons. I know the klingon weapons exist at h lower levels, but the XKII's and the fleet weapons dont look like the canon weapons either, though the elite sniper comes pretty close.

In Neverwinter, you have the ability to change the skin of your weapons, armour etc, so if that is based on the same structure of STo, I think they need to add the same option to reskin your weapons here.

• ironmakoironmako Member Posts: 770 Arc User
    35bvwq0.jpg

I've just noticed there is a smaller pistol next to the larger pistol in this picture. Is that the stun or wide beam variant? Or is it just for show?
  • themadprofessor#9835 themadprofessor Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    I am looking for a phaser rifle without any neon/holographic visuals like all normal Mk XI.
    I noticed Compression Phaser Rifle from Delta Reputation doesn't have neon/holographic visuals and very canon look.
    Are there any other phaser rifle like so that can be used for end game contents? (I know lower Mk phaser rifles have TNG look and feel, but they can't be used for end game)

High Density Beam Rifles don't have holographic doodads on them, even at MkXIV Epic.

aCt4Ufs.jpg

Space Barbie Extraordinaire. Got a question about Space Barbie? Just ask.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    5) True Vanity Impulse and Deflector effects similar to Vanity Shields.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
    8) Independent Faction, because yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me!
    ironmako wrote: »
    35bvwq0.jpg

I've just noticed there is a smaller pistol next to the larger pistol in this picture. Is that the stun or wide beam variant? Or is it just for show?

35bvwq0.jpg
    As far as I can tell, it is Phaser Stun.
    From top left, I think it goes like following:

[Phaser Pulsewave] [Phaser High-Density Beam]
    [Phaser Blast Assault] [Phaser Stun] [Phaser Wide Beam ] [Phaser Full Auto]
    [Phaser Assault Minigun] [Phaser Split Beam] [Phaser Sniper]