test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

why no ground tzenkethy battle zone???

hey iam really disapointed because i was expecting ground fights with the tzenkethy all i got is the mission ,guys of cryptic what happend !!!!!
you guys have the perfect way to make a ground battle zone ,like the mission put some bombs around on the planet surface for ppl go around and disable and protect the place and wait the back up. you got the planet on space battle zone then why no ground !!!!!!!!!!!!! the tzenkethy are a good enemy for ground ,like vaadwaur even more.
nexus.jpg

Comments

• Options
    stee1maxstee1max Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    Why? Extra effort.
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,420 Arc User
    stee1max wrote: »
    Why? Extra effort.

That's easily solved. Drop the space portion and focus on ground.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,401 Arc User
    Since they designed and gave them several unique abilities and animations, I think a ground battlezone or queue is planned but they didn't have time to finish it yet.

Perhaps in Season 12.5.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    discojerdiscojer Member Posts: 533 Arc User
    Ground combat in this game is terrible. Space combat, while flawed, is pretty fun.

I mean, really, much of the game revolves around your ship. And the game's economy - they make money selling ships.
  • Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,109 Arc User
    There are plenty of planets up in that new sector block. They could set it on Ferasa? Maybe the cats have some of those 'evil' crystals the Tzenkathi don't like :O

2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    Probably due to manpower/resources.

Or that the most recent ground BZ (Kobali) is a disaster, and pretty dead at almost all times.
    Maybe they felt it just wasn't worth the effort.

Maybe they only had so much they could do with their resources, and making 2 BZ, a Space & Ground version was simply out of the question due to time constraints/manpower..

We could speculate all day, but since we're never getting anywhere near their boardroom, there's not much point to this discussion.
    It could be for any number of reasons that we're not privy to.
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    The Voth Ground Battlezone was some of their best work but Kobali ground wasn't well received. I would also like to see another ground battlezone but I think that they felt releasing another space battlezone would be the "safe" move because of all the ground haters.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    eldarion79eldarion79 Member Posts: 1,679 Arc User
    I wouldn't call the Kobali Ground Zone a disaster nor a dead zone, but it is not my favorite one. That would be a tie with New Romulus and Voth ones.
  • Options
    borgified007borgified007 Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    Because they can't even fix the bugs in the Tzenkethi space battlezone of course.
  • Options
    ioneonioneon Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    The big reason the Kobali zone didn't do that well is because the rewards suck. Give decent rewards, people will play it.
  • Options
    risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    We have only had one episode with the Tzenkethi so far, more are likely coming. Which could indicate that the Tzenkethi will be the enemy not just for this season, but also for the next (half) season.

So there will be plenty of opportunity to add a ground zone, and I'm pretty sure that we'll see either such a ground zone or at least Tzenkethi ground queues within the next couple of months.
  • Options
    xayssxayss Member Posts: 391 Arc User
    you got all this really cool design of enemys with powerfull stuff for a hard battle on ground just for few mins of missions ????

c062d0e3eb5917102dba7721e86d6c651483472493.jpg
    nexus.jpg

• Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    questerius wrote: »
    stee1max wrote: »
    Why? Extra effort.

That's easily solved. Drop the space portion and focus on ground.

... ground combat sucks in this game ... I'd rather be strapped to a chair and forced to binge watch My Little Pony than suffer through a ground battlezone ... Space is much more my style, and I greatly appreciate it!
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    onetontoadonetontoad Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    Im pretty sure if we dont get a battlezone there will be a ground stf of sort comming out.
    mc7SA5g.jpg
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,401 Arc User
    My problem with the Kobali battlezone is the respawn time of the Vaads is too short, with enemies pretty much everywhere. It's atrocious when you try to defuse the mines, for example.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    STO has ground combat? ;)
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    I like ground maybe slightly more than space. I like them both.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    vnexusvnexus Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    discojer wrote: »
    Ground combat in this game is terrible. Space combat, while flawed, is pretty fun.

I mean, really, much of the game revolves around your ship. And the game's economy - they make money selling ships.

-- If you think Ground Kombat in this game is terrible then you're doing it wrong.

-- As for the post.. Battlezones and recent PvE have been less then good quality.. they must have a new Staff doing them, its not fun like the other/older stuff. NPC Trolling balance issues for one and general build mechs done by the developers.
  • Options
    vnexusvnexus Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    The Voth Ground Battlezone was some of their best work but Kobali ground wasn't well received. I would also like to see another ground battlezone but I think that they felt releasing another space battlezone would be the "safe" move because of all the ground haters.

-- The Voth Ground Battlezone was Brilliant. I dont kno what went wrong in their brains. Kobali was kool.. just overly simple & lacking in the reward effort.
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,482 Community Moderator
    mtMWouv.png
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
This discussion has been closed.