test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How hard could it be?

goodscotchgoodscotch Member Posts: 1,680 Arc User
Been thinking about some new Klingon ship possibilities. I started to wonder how hard could it be for the developers to take parts from various ships to assemble/create a new ship. For example, The hull of a K'tinga, the neck and forward command pod of a Kamarag, the mission pod of a Vor'kang and the nacelles of a Vor'cha. All those parts already exist. Opinions?
klingon-bridge.jpg

Comments

• goodscotchgoodscotch Member Posts: 1,680 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    patrickngo wrote: »
    goodscotch wrote: »
    Been thinking about some new Klingon ship possibilities. I started to wonder how hard could it be for the developers to take parts from various ships to assemble/create a new ship. For example, The hull of a K'tinga, the neck and forward command pod of a Kamarag, the mission pod of a Vor'kang and the nacelles of a Vor'cha. All those parts already exist. Opinions?

what happened when they released the Tier Six Bort?

do you remember how the pieces didn't fit when you mixed and matched with the T5 version?

every one of those ships has a fundamentlly different 'skeleton'. Scaling issues would pop up pretty quickly..

Right...but the artwork is already done. It would be a matter of them scaling it to be correct for one new ship. But...the artwork itself is done...the textures and different skins for the pieces...how they will respond to selectable overlay patterns...what different shield types make them look like, etc. All that stuff is already done. It's just a matter of scaling it for a new ship.
    klingon-bridge.jpg

• aleluya#3402 aleluya Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    Although i always support having more ships for the Empire, i would not want that mediocrity becomes the new normal. Just look how many ships Cryptic butchered to create the QeHpu Battlecruiser and with a shameless price tag of 30 dollars. You should see my husband face when he saw parts of his flagship on the new battlecruiser, even the neighbors could heard the Khan scream coming from my house that day.
    tlhIngan maH! taHjaj!