test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Any helpful feedback? PLEASE!!!!

I made a few foundry missions a long time ago (THAT WORKED!), they have stopped working since I've come back, I can't fix them, I can make new missions, I am beyond frustrated, I want to use profanity as punctuation! I'm trying to be cool, and see if I can get any real feedback on what is going one!

I even paid 10k refined dilithium to make missions on my alt. some ---- different account!

Why can't the foundry transition from map to map? why does it go back to the map your leaving?
Sorry for any typos, I replaced the profanity I found before the video, I just don't wanna go back proofreading if this is ----ed up

https://youtu.be/8D2x1O_1jZQ

Simple right?
click console -> go to next map... NOPE
kill mobs -> go to marker -> beam down... NOPE

I've tried searching youtube for tutorials for the version we have now and all I find is blabbering TRIBBLE from 5-7 years ago when the foundry worked. Beta 0.5 YEARS AGO... Beta 0.8 7 YEARS LATER!!!!

I feel PWE wants this game to go away... while it's here I'd like to try getting something out of it, but this isn't fun, destroys the ember of creation I muster, my wife snuffed out my flame of creation, now when I try, GARBAGE!

Can anyone please help by letting me know what needs to be don't for the foundry to preform the extraordinary, super complicated, resource incentive task of going to the next map? thanks!!!

EDIT: And why doesn't the planet textures show? it's the Risa planet in the foundry!

Comments

• Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    The foundry 'broke' awhile back. As of right now, if you want to go to the 'next map' you'll need to either publish the mission or load the next map using the editor. There's no way around it at the moment.

None of these bugs pass onto missions once published, but they're really annoying when building/trying to test

Map transitions.
    Dialog objective requirements
    Objects spawning / despawning
    NPCS / Contacts spawning / despawning

As for the planets, they bugged with the launch of season 13 ( I think )
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    saimorphx#5330 saimorphx Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    Thank you!!!! Thank you!!!! Thank you!!!!

OK, so it's not me. going nuts. can I publish an incomplete mission, run it, then remove it to work on it more?
  • Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    So long as it doesn't have any 'unfinished tasks', yes.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    saimorphx#5330 saimorphx Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    Thank you!
  • Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    imathena wrote: »

EDIT: And why doesn't the planet textures show? it's the Risa planet in the foundry!

Thankfully that only applies to a few planets. Bug report thread here:
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1227915/some-planets-are-missing-their-textures-listed

We've also got open threads for the map transition bug and (if you encounter it) an issue affecting objective triggers (sometimes they don't work but there's work arounds.) As Sutherland said, these only affect the editor. Published missions work just fine ATM.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!