test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Summer Event!

Comments

• zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,762 Arc User
    Anyone still doing sand castles? They've been seperated from the timer. Maybe there's another activity that could be seperated from the timer.
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • botanybangbotanybang Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    I'm doing sandcastles during events I don't like to do, for example the artifact hunt.
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    tilarta wrote: »
    @kiralyn
    I checked the vendor for myself this morning.
    Nothing categorized as "swimsuit" can be used away from Risa, to the best of my knowledge from studying the tooltips.
    Unfortunately, that also includes the Rashguards, they were tagged as Swimsuits/Risa georestricted too.

I know that the tooltips say that, but I can tell you from personal experience that I have the items I listed (the four swim tops, the closed shirts) usable on my characters in the off-duty category.

I ran across it randomly a few months ago on one of my characters, and then went out of my way to grab criss-cross & mini-t suit boxes for some of my other characters to make off-duty outfits with. (of course, since around the S13 patch, the Mini-T now clips at the shoulders, so.... :/ )

edit: it would be nice if someone would do a consistency pass through the costume options. Like, we now have the Terran shorts & Klingon shorts in the Uniform category, but the various Risa board shorts - or at least the ones I've unlocked - aren't available even in Off-duty. (On the other hand, maybe I shouldn't ask for that, because they'd probably take away some of the options we currently have.)
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,659 Arc User
    Anyone still doing sand castles? They've been seperated from the timer. Maybe there's another activity that could be seperated from the timer.

I do em :D
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User

They removed the sandcastles from the rotation last year to make room for the Artifact Hunt. Frankly, I'd prefer the Artifact Hunt to be cut and the sandcastles put back in the rotation over the way it is now. Then again, I'd prefer going back to a 60 minute rotation so I could reliably do the events I like at their old times, but that's not going to happen.

So, I'll just leave Risa behind and remember when it used to be fun.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • dana2lovedana2love Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    petlan76 wrote: »
    dana2love wrote: »
    After giving the Biathlon a try:
    [Mission] Check in at the flag before equipping your floater!
    How do I do that? I didn't see a flag to check in at. Did it vanish because I probably was last?

Anyways, it was a rather frustrating experience, probably won't do it again. Same as with last years addition, the artifact hunt. Risa is losing its magic rather fast now.
    Yeah, that got me too the first time. Transitioning from water to air requires you to go up the beach on your board until you get to the ramp that goes through a ring. "Checking in" is as simple as going through the ring. BUT... don't turn your floater on before then or you'll get DQ.
    I'm having the same problem...
    You mean I have to take the first ring with the board? Then why the talk about a flag? Thanks anyway, I'll try that.
    Yeah, the description made no sense to me either, but... it works when you stay on the board until then. I'm wondering it the devs thought it looked cool to transition in mid-air and thus are trying to get people to do that?

Thanks, I have now completed the biathlon.
    iamynaught wrote: »
    So, I'll just leave Risa behind and remember when it used to be fun.

I'm not ready to leave Risa for good, but when someday, hopefully in the far, far future, this game is no more, the thing I'll remember most is the good times I had while dancing on Ris from dusk till dawn...
    pmuvj73Aj
  • themadprofessor#9835 themadprofessor Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    So where and when do I go to witness the argument between the Trill and the Klingon?
    Space Barbie Extraordinaire. Got a question about Space Barbie? Just ask.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    5) True Vanity Impulse and Deflector effects similar to Vanity Shields.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
    8) Independent Faction, because yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me!
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Go to the boardwalk by the Vendor Hut/Event Coordinator. When Risians start to gather on the boardwalk, they do so for the fireworks show. By that and the fact that torches and campfires get lit you know it is night. Stay on the boardwalk after the fireworks show and they will eventually show up just in front of the Vendor Hut.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    ltminns wrote: »
    Go to the boardwalk by the Vendor Hut/Event Coordinator. When Risians start to gather on the boardwalk, they do so for the fireworks show. By that and the fact that torches and campfires get lit you know it is night. Stay on the boardwalk after the fireworks show and they will eventually show up just in front of the Vendor Hut.

Did all that. Stood there for over an hour (I know because the fireworks went off twice while I was there), and they never showed up.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    I have never been able to discern a pattern for the argument. It just happens during the night on some nights. I either park there and wait for it, or manage to get it by pure luck.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,762 Arc User
    I'm done with this Biatalon.

The platform keeps disappearing just as I get to it and then doesn't let my guys collect even the two tags that even a last place finisher should get. :anguished:
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,247 Arc User

The platform keeps disappearing just as I get to it and then doesn't let my guys collect even the two tags that even a last place finisher should get. :anguished:

hmm only reason that should happen was that you were so slow that race was over before you got to the flags, I'd recomend updating your floater/power board and if that doesn't help or you got the best avaible I dunno what could be the issue.
  • tilartatilarta Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    @kiralyn
    Truthfully, I wish they'd just get rid of categories completely and allow us to put our characters or BOFFs in whatever costume we can design.

My theory is that they want BOFFs to always be in Uniform and that's why they don't have access to Offduty, as disappointing as that is for me personally.

I'm assuming the Swimwear restriction is intended to keep the costume options for Risa alone, but it doesn't work, as I keep seeing the options away from Risa.
    Just now I saw someone with it in Romulan Command.

This is the swimsuit option I want to use in combination with other costume elements:
    OBSFOP_zpsw0p2wczg.png
    With a pair of pants, it would look like a sleeveless shirt.
    But since that concept was intended for a BOFF and can't be done anyway, I have no reason to unlock it.

Bees like honey, they don't like vinegar.
    Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
  • nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    It was nice to see a Developer in chat on Risa a couple of days ago. I think the name was, Taco, or something. Poor person was getting a deluge of questions too along with some lambasting. It's tough to learn any information between all that chat when that happens LOL.

I wasn't there, not even sure if they actually did, for any Starfleet Dental "big" giveaway like ships or similar like they had stated, but I did get gifted some Lohlunats so that was helpful & appreciated. It was just a nice break from the Risa routine. They seem to have cool costumes too. If they ever did any ship(s) giveaway, dang it I missed it, but good luck or congrats to those that were lucky. Again, nice of them & there's others too, that Riker fella comes to mind, that do such generous things.
    anodynes wrote: »
    I have never been able to discern a pattern for the argument. It just happens during the night on some nights. I either park there and wait for it, or manage to get it by pure luck.

Well that particular situation got complicated like crazy, given there's no day/night cycle, and no way of telling when night will be there.

They say that the torches and braziers are lit when it's supposed to be night, but "night" seems to be at an arbitrary time, as it's been "night" in the game when it's night in the real world as well as being "night" in the game in the middle of the real day.

Things I want in STO:

• smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,659 Arc User
    nommo#5819 wrote: »
    It was nice to see a Developer in chat on Risa a couple of days ago. I think the name was, Taco, or something. Poor person was getting a deluge of questions too along with some lambasting. It's tough to learn any information between all that chat when that happens LOL.

I wasn't there, not even sure if they actually did, for any Starfleet Dental "big" giveaway like ships or similar like they had stated, but I did get gifted some Lohlunats so that was helpful & appreciated. It was just a nice break from the Risa routine. They seem to have cool costumes too. If they ever did any ship(s) giveaway, dang it I missed it, but good luck or congrats to those that were lucky. Again, nice of them & there's others too, that Riker fella comes to mind, that do such generous things.

Give it time, I don't think they'd do it the very first few days. Probably organizing what they plan to give away first, and how.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    I get the feeling that the winners are actually undercover dental members on alternative toons.
  • nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    avoozuul wrote: »
    I get the feeling that the winners are actually undercover dental members on alternative toons.

Ah man that's a shame if true. I remember the Spock/Nimoy anniversary & everything seemed legitimate & was fun, but again I didn't win anything but still enjoyed. Earlier they had what I called: a Bigfoot Ferengi, a Transformer-ish robot, & a Summer event Santa Claus LOL.

• opsjoyopsjoy Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    How do I do that? I didn't see a flag to check in at. Did it vanish because I probably was last?

Anyways, it was a rather frustrating experience, probably won't do it again. Same as with last years addition, the artifact hunt. Risa is losing its magic rather fast now.
    Yeah, that got me too the first time. Transitioning from water to air requires you to go up the beach on your board until you get to the ramp that goes through a ring. "Checking in" is as simple as going through the ring. BUT... don't turn your floater on before then or you'll get DQ.
    You mean I have to take the first ring with the board? Then why the talk about a flag? Thanks anyway, I'll try that.
    Yeah, the description made no sense to me either, but... it works when you stay on the board until then. I'm wondering it the devs thought it looked cool to transition in mid-air and thus are trying to get people to do that?
    Tried all of the above several times, deactivated the board, went all the way over the ramp kept on walking beyound the first ring, and still go disqualified. As I have no idea what else I can do I'm done wit the biathlon.
    [System] "GetCritterDescriptionByID" takes 2 argument(s).
    [System] GetCritterDescriptionByID <int> <int>
    [System] "GetCritterGroupDescriptionByID" takes 2 argument(s).
    [System] GetCritterGroupDescriptionByID <int> <int>

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    opsjoy wrote: »

Tried all of the above several times, deactivated the board, went all the way over the ramp kept on walking beyound the first ring, and still go disqualified. As I have no idea what else I can do I'm done wit the biathlon.
    are you sure you hit all of the check points? each of the board check points should make a ding when you cross it. I suspect that the trigger for switching to the floater is checking off all of the board check points, which have to be done in proper sequence. the ramp on the beach is the last one

Does the timer tick down to 0 before you get there? If not, well, the other reason for the platform to disappear is that you either got DQed or forgot to hit the button to start the race.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • keletteskelettes Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    • Be sure you hit all the checkpoints
    • hit the red gate on the beach either with the board or on foot; never activate floater before that -- race coordinator even chimes in to remind you

These kept me from getting disqualified so far
    "Ad astra audacter eamus in alis fidelium."
    -
    "To boldly go to the stars on the wings of the faithful."
  • jenicazarinajenicazarina Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    Anybody know what happened to the Mok'Bara Klingons that were on top of the arch? Kind of hard to get Master Relaxer accolade without them...?
    Resistance is never futile!

800S3a8.jpg
    Anybody know what happened to the Mok'Bara Klingons that were on top of the arch? Kind of hard to get Master Relaxer accolade without them...?

I've heard they seem to appear around the :30 minute mark every hour. No idea how long they stay there, but I've yet to see them. They show up when they want to. Apparently they don't want to when anyone is actively looking for them.

I've heard they seem to appear around the :30 minute mark every hour. No idea how long they stay there, but I've yet to see them. They show up when they want to. Apparently they don't want to when anyone is actively looking for them.

Ahh okay, thanks! I must've given up too soon

800S3a8.jpg
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    I can't confirm the :30 rule at least pig-9.gif​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Try afternoon :30s. They are only around for 15 seconds at most. You must be there on that Arch when they appear and click quickly.

This year they are showcasing the new 'Speed Mok'Bara' for Klingons that need to quickly get back to their Bloodwine stupors. :)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    15 seconds?

o.0

I'm suddenly reminded of Recluse's Victory and that one contaminated...

• defufodefufo Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    I wanted to comment here on how annoying the biathlon event is because I'm obviously too stupid to do the transition from board to floater although I get the "flag" message and go all the way over the ramp before activating the floater thereby forfeiting any chance on winning but still getting disqualified.
    But what it makes really annoying is that I can't finish my sandcastles that I do instead to get favors during the drought while biathlon and artifact hunt is on because nothing will interact when the biathlon starts. And my favorite sandcastle spots unfortunately are right in the ways of the biathlon course, right where I failed to perform to cryptic's standards...
    Risa once was my favorite event, but is getting more and nore just frustrating.

And yes, I want some cheese to my whine...

Space - the final frontier. These are the adventures of Tovan Khev - told by his loyal servant ... err... Commanding Officer.
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    So where and when do I go to witness the argument between the Trill and the Klingon?

At the half hour mark during daylight is when it popped for me, NOT when the fireworks were about to happen. Stand next to the right post on the boardwalk, next to where the floor widens in front of the floater shack. They spawned right behind me.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG

Apparently it is every other hour.
    ltminns wrote: »
    Try afternoon :30s. They are only around for 15 seconds at most. You must be there on that Arch when they appear and click quickly.

This year they are showcasing the new 'Speed Mok'Bara' for Klingons that need to quickly get back to their Bloodwine stupors. :)

This is also correct... Gotta be in the right place at the right time, and ready to pounce quickly!

800S3a8.jpg