test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New PVE Queue UI: How??

johnnyray14#4257 johnnyray14 Member Posts: 188 Arc User
edited May 2017 in The Academy
I'm having trouble figuring out how to do all the basic things I was able to do in the old queue AI. Help please?
  1. See a list of all available Advanced-level queues.
  2. For a given mission, look at all the queues available for all skill levels in one view. (I can only figure out how to select one skill level at a time for each.)
  3. Join another Advanced queue after I've already joined one.
  4. See how many people are in a queue I joined. (I guess it does update eventually, but extremely slowly compared to before.)
  5. See the Advanced queues I've joined after I click away from the main queue screen and return. (All of the queues reset to the Normal varieties, and there's no clue as to which queues I'm actually IN... I need to change all the Skill levels one by one until I find them.)
  6. Sort by how many people are queued. (Clicking on the "Queued" column header does nothing.)

I really don't get it... is there anything that's not horribly worse with this new UI other than the ability to vaguely filter by mark types? (And when I say "vaguely" I'm referring to how most of them have the useless "Choice of Marks" designation that doesn't specify WHICH mark types are included in the choice.) Sheesh.

Comments

• admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    1. not currently available to do.
    2. Not currently available
    3. You have to leave the que you joined then go back and reselect ALL the ques you wish to join BEFORE clicking the join que button.
    4. You just have to wait for it update and hope its correct.
    5. You have already figured that out.
    6. Not currently available.

Everything you have listed has been complained about a lot so much so that this thread will be merged into the "Official" thread shortly.

So much for the que UI revamp.

If someone has more information I would love to get it.
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    I hardly ever do queues....so I rarely, if ever, use that particular UI.

But, out of curiosity of the AFK complaints, I ran "Mirror Invasion" last night on 5 toons.

I couldn't even tell, I wasn't queued for the mission (the first time I tried it).
    I sat there going: I don't remember event queues taking so long to "pop" before. Ever.
    Turned out I wasn't in the queue, I was in limbo. Even though I got the pop up saying I was accepting a mission "you have 60 seconds" to respond. I clicked accept well within that 60 sec countdown timer...I went nowhere.

It seems to go through the motion but doesn't work. Kinda like I found out I can not start the featured episode mission "Mirror and Smoke" from the event window if it is on a replay, either. I can get that ever important free transwarp button to the start of the mission sooooo...it is still useful for FEs, though.

Then, I figured out: one can not queue up from the featured event window any more. I had to mess with the queue UI. Who engineered this? So, convoluted and so many steps and not very useful. I am not even sure counting the number of people in the queue with you even works!

I could tell which mission I queued up for...because it was only the one. And it turned green...and it was "normal" level so it was on the top page. Is that how the programmers think most people run these queues...one at a time? LOL!

I must say....this new interface for missions: "not ready for prime time".
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • johnnyray14#4257 johnnyray14 Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    Thank you for the answers. I encountered another, almost comically passive-aggressive, problem:
    7. When I finish an Advanced-level queue with one toon and log in as another toon, I see the same queue in the list. "Great!" I think, "it remembers your previous queue!" and click on its checkbox. Well then it promptly disappears.
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Thank you for the answers. I encountered another, almost comically passive-aggressive, problem:
    7. When I finish an Advanced-level queue with one toon and log in as another toon, I see the same queue in the list. "Great!" I think, "it remembers your previous queue!" and click on its checkbox. Well then it promptly disappears.

I have actually seen this happen with all sorts of other interactions and windows....EVEN THE EXCHANGE doesn't reset when changing characters!! So, that is just "something" else...not the new queue UI.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    And for a split second has the Queue highlighted in Red like there was a Cooldown in effect, which did come from my last Character that just ran the Queue.

Last night the two separate Queues listed for Mirror (one for Normal and one for Advanced, with each having the dropdown for difficulty selector) merged into just one entry with the dropdown.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • johnnyray14#4257 johnnyray14 Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    I am extremely happy with the June 8 update!!
    • Added support for filtering PvE Queues.
      • Added a tab for which queues have been selected.
      • The UI will now always display the selected queues on all tabs, regardless if the queue was joined via a public queue or was a private queue.
      • When closing the queue window or changing tabs, if queues have been selected but have not yet been joined, the UI will now prompt to join the selected queues

This addresses most of the shortcomings and makes the Event Queue workable again. Thank you, Cryptic :).
  • hibari#2697 hibari Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    I'd like to rejoin queue's I was previously part of, instead of having to re-queue everything all over again.
    Eg:
    Join Crystal, Tholian RA, Borg Disconnected queues.
    Get into Crystal. When returning to sector, a popup dialog appears, to the effect of "You queued for more than one Fleet Action/Event/STF. Would you like to rejoin these queues?"

*wishful thinking*