test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Risa event full of bugs

I have to say this event remains one of the most frustrating in the game. Races randomly drop you out for no good reason. Events fail to complete. UGH.

Comments

• pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,177 Arc User
    yep its pretty frustrating this year.
  • storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,253 Arc User
    They added a few curves that are killers. Just watch out on those curves..not sure who designed those maps...Leaves the winter race peanuts compare to the biathlon. The visuals of the red flags are miniscule and easy to miss the boundaries.​​
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    While not a bug, the thing that bugs me is that the formerly scheduled events, the Horga'hn Hunt and the Dance Off are seeming on a floating schedule. Which means I can't reliably log in at a certain time, run the events I like and move on.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,388 Arc User
    I found the last curve of the first part of the biathlon and the transitional tiny area to be the only main issues.
    You get two speed boosts in a row just before the most steep curve of the events, so you have to throw yourself into the rocks to kill the speed if you don't want to end up outside the track.
    Then, you need to get out of the board not too close but not too far of the flag indicating the beginning of the jetpack part or you'll waste time, then the flag needs to trigger the second part, otherwise if you activate the jetpack too soon, you get disqualified.
    With a few tries, it becomes simpler and you get mostly used to it, though.

The boosts in general are still annoying and not fixed because on many occasions when you're close to another racer, you won't get them, making you lose places.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    The Horga'hn Hunt and Dance Off are on a 90 Minute schedule.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    Its a tropical setting,always bugs there!
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,253 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    The Horga'hn Hunt and Dance Off are on a 90 Minute schedule.

Come on' 30mins is long enough...Please reduce the cooldowns and this is making Risa NOT fun anymore.​​
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
  • fiberteksyfirfiberteksyfir Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    With the daynight cycle axed does Pavel still show up at all? I haven't checked yet but how would we even know when to look
    He is there all the time and after he gives you a Puzzle you can immediately go and find him come back, get another, go find him for the new one immediately, and so on. :)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    The biathlon is awesome you just need some practice for the fast corners.

And the end is lightyears better than the board race...with the jetpack you can actually hit the flags quite reliably (unless lagged of course).

My only tiny gripe with the biathlon is the accolades are not cumulative. That is, winning first place doesn't get you the accos for winning 2nd and 3rd. Intentionally aiming to lose because you need an accolade seems...wrong. But I already got them all so whatever.
  • silverlobes#2676 silverlobes Member Posts: 1,953 Arc User
    SUMMER EVENT IS THE BEST AND THE PLAYERS ALL LOVE IT!!!!!
    "I fight for the Users!" - Tron

"I was here before you, I will be here after you are gone. I am here, regardless of your acknowledgement or acceptance..." - The Truth
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    I actually agree with that. I think the SE is the best and I do love it.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    I think they need to spread the non-PVP events out a bit more evenly, right now you have a huge wait between artifact hunts and dance offs with nothing to do if you dislike the races.

Other than that it's pretty good fun,though there are a lot of bugs. Flags, not registering interacts, borked booster pads, several text components are just flat out wrong (referring to last year's event).

And the missing day/night cycle is really a bad thing, it loses a lot of the atmosphere that the old map had. I mean having the fireworks go off in the day is just plain stupid. And the night would have been amazing with lighting 2.0 with all the fairly lights, glowbugs etc.
    SulMatuul.png
  • wylonuswylonus Member Posts: 471 Arc User
    bugged flyover and got no rewards today, i got 40 from yesterday on first day event.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    All I do is 'Flying High' (for the daily). With night time missing, mesa no like Risa no more like I used to.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    lordsteve1 wrote: »
    I think they need to spread the non-PVP events out a bit more evenly, right now you have a huge wait between artifact hunts and dance offs with nothing to do if you dislike the races.

You can do Flying High and build a sandcastle for 40 lolnuts each.
    Did you check your Queue Timer because while you can only run 'Flying High' for Pearls every 20 hours, it can be run for Favors every 15 minutes? If you saw that 'Flying High' was available and just clicked you may have been clicking to do it for Favors instead.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    gaevsman wrote: »
    Its a tropical setting,always bugs there!

I can't figure out where my Tropical Birds are flying off to. ???? I have them activated...maybe they went to chase the Tropical Bugs.

"Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
    Were they nocturnal Tropical Birds? They may be hiding out because of the continual sunlight. :)
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    I've actually noticed that my tropical birds fly off after I activate them and start moving. It started happening long before Risa started up.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    Pets are broken, lounge chairs are broken and I like the sandcastle event back instead of repeating the same even in short order (seriously, why?). The lack of the day and night cycle does indeed severly hurt Risa's atmosphere.

However it is still the best event and all the games work. What is difficult, and that's what many people call "bugs" when they really aren't, is that the races are highly latenct dependant. If your ping is slightly below excellent you won't get speedboosts running over them or sometimes miss a checkpoint because client and server position aren't in sync. But there is nothing one can do. That's no bug, it's technical limitation.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • wylonuswylonus Member Posts: 471 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    yes. i check quest timer, gave me and ready to go, and no reward after finish it. cant get another one until another 20hrs.

just back, quest reset, so, i got update. wierd, big green checkmark was up just like ice racing.
    after i collect the rewards, and noticed that i can repeat in 12 hrs, wasnt it suppose to have 20 hrs?
    Post edited by wylonus on
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    Cryptic's business motto should be "Eh, it's good enough."
    I agree with angrytarg. Despite latency issues and the occasional blip or my inet bugging out, I've had a blast so far. One of my new toons only needs the argument to get Master Relaxer. So far, nothing on that.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Watch the Risians gathering on the boardwalk. They are there for the fireworks. Stay on the boardwalk by the Vendor Hut/Event Coordinator after the fireworks and they will show up right in front of the Vendor Hut. You may have to wait a bit.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns