test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Is The Horga'hn Hunt Every 2 Hours Now?

sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
As above, is it every 2 hours now, instead of the every hour like last year?

Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

Comments

• Options
    toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    The Horga'hn collector says every 90 minutes. Which is admittedly even harder to track.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • Options
    k20vteck20vtec Member Posts: 535 Arc User
    Gotta fit the floater Boogaloo somewhere
    Hast thou not gone against sincerity
    Hast thou not felt ashamed of thy words and deeds
    Hast thou not lacked vigor
    Hast thou exerted all possible efforts
    Hast thou not become slothful
  • Options
    toiva wrote: »
    The Horga'hn collector says every 90 minutes. Which is admittedly even harder to track.

Thanks for the reply.

I guess i'll be spending less time at Risa than I thought..
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Yes, it's so unbearably hard to check the time from the schedule window. :o
  • Options
    spacehermitspacehermit Member Posts: 356 Arc User
    I would prefer a bit less artifact hunting (why twice per cycle?) and a return to the hourly pattern. The 90 minute thing is a bit too hard to track.
  • Options
    Yeah artifact hunting doesn't need two spots, since it's available at all times anyway.

Replace one of the artifact hunting spots with the sandcastle event.
  • Options
    warpangel wrote: »
    Yeah artifact hunting doesn't need two spots, since it's available at all times anyway.

ojJSckb.gif
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited June 2017

Considering the schedule window only shows ~45 minutes of the schedule..... ;)

But no, what he was likely talking about is keeping track from outside the game. Last year, I knew that I could log on at ~15 past the hour, any hour, because the Horgahn Hunt started at :21. Now it'll be at 10:51, 12:21, 1:51, etc. (assuming that 10:51 is correct, of course.) Doesn't quite stick in the mind as easily as the previous schedule.
  • Options
    iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User

Last time I checked the window, the Horga'hn Hunt wasn't even listed, nor was the Dance Off. So I figured they'd just removed those events entirely, until someone was talking about them in chat and mentioned that they were on a floating schedule.

I used to park my rear (um, Admirals) on Risa for 6 weeks to take part in the events. Real life doesn't exactly allow me time to sit around for hours waiting for an event, so I like to take the time out, when an event USED to be reliably available, and run it. Afterwards I could go back to real life and attend to things there. If time allowed, I could head back to Risa and do the events again.

Now? Now I give up. I removed all my alts from Risa, save for the one who is unlocking the ship. I intended to take a 6 week 'break' from the normal game to enjoy the event. Now I may as well take a 6 week 'break' from the game, aside from logging in for 5 minutes to unlock the ship.

And I have easy solutions to this problem.

Have the Dance Off and Horga'hn hunts running constantly. You talk to the contact to start the missions, dance for 10-15 minutes, collect your 10 Horga'hns to get the missions complete and done. Put the missions on a 60 minute cooldown so they don't get abused. With a 60 minute timer, it's similar to how they worked previously since they used to be once an hour.

Oh sure, those of us with multiple alts could still switch from alt to alt to bypass the cooldown, but how would that differ from before?
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    I preferred the 1 hour cycle.

I suppose on the plus side, there aren't many things I actually want to buy on Risa so I can gather Favors at a slower pace compared to last year.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,571 Arc User
    The Dance Off and Horga'hn Hunt are still on the Schedule but can be down below the bottom of the list because all the other cr*p that is double listed.

You can build Sand Castles all day on a 15 minute timer and the reward is 20 Favors. The guy is there on the Beach outside of the Promenade to give you the 'assignment'.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    kiralyn wrote: »

Considering the schedule window only shows ~45 minutes of the schedule..... ;)

But no, what he was likely talking about is keeping track from outside the game. Last year, I knew that I could log on at ~15 past the hour, any hour, because the Horgahn Hunt started at :21. Now it'll be at 10:51, 12:21, 1:51, etc. (assuming that 10:51 is correct, of course.) Doesn't quite stick in the mind as easily as the previous schedule.
    Yeah, the UI should list the whole schedule really. It's not even that long.

But pining after the 60 minute schedule is an exercise in futility, since there are now too many events to fit into 60 minutes even with the sandcastle bonus removed.
  • Options
    iamynaught wrote: »

Last time I checked the window, the Horga'hn Hunt wasn't even listed, nor was the Dance Off. So I figured they'd just removed those events entirely, until someone was talking about them in chat and mentioned that they were on a floating schedule.

I used to park my rear (um, Admirals) on Risa for 6 weeks to take part in the events. Real life doesn't exactly allow me time to sit around for hours waiting for an event, so I like to take the time out, when an event USED to be reliably available, and run it. Afterwards I could go back to real life and attend to things there. If time allowed, I could head back to Risa and do the events again.

Now? Now I give up. I removed all my alts from Risa, save for the one who is unlocking the ship. I intended to take a 6 week 'break' from the normal game to enjoy the event. Now I may as well take a 6 week 'break' from the game, aside from logging in for 5 minutes to unlock the ship.

Have the Dance Off and Horga'hn hunts running constantly. You talk to the contact to start the missions, dance for 10-15 minutes, collect your 10 Horga'hns to get the missions complete and done. Put the missions on a 60 minute cooldown so they don't get abused. With a 60 minute timer, it's similar to how they worked previously since they used to be once an hour.

Oh sure, those of us with multiple alts could still switch from alt to alt to bypass the cooldown, but how would that differ from before?

That is the best solution to the problem.

Not sure why we need 2 each of the competitive races, since they both reward the same thing. Better to have one of each and allow the Horga'hn hunt to be every hour again..
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    I already felt years ago that these events (also the Winter event) were becoming too busy. It's always a good thing that there's many mini-events to choose from but more and more stuff actually gets crowded out because of this - making everything less available than it used to be.

It's hard to relax and enjoy the events when you have to plan in advance when you can actually do something. We used to have multiple horgahn events each hour IIRC. Now you have to run from one event to the other if you want to collect a decent amount of favors.

I too like this idea. I wouldn't even mind if they then put it on a two hour cooldown - just let us choose when we do which event. Maybe the longer cooldowns can then encourage players to do choose some different events. That will be a more interesting option if you can decide when to do what anyway, so without having to consider 'oh, but I also need to be ready for the horgahn hunt in 10 minutes'.

Might also help with keeping the queues filled, which tend to be more empty during these events. Playing a queue would no longer mean you risk missing out on an event.

Edit: Forum ate my post.

Oh and let's make Risa great again. I demand it :p
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    The current schedule seems to be (starting with Dance):

Dance Off
    Powerboard Race
    Horgahn Hunt
    Biathlon
    Artifact Hunt
    Powerboard Race
    Biathlon
    Artifact Hunt

So two of each race, and two artifact hunts. Events seem to be either long (15m) or short (7m, I presume 7.5m rounded off). I guess the two newest events (Biathlon & Artifacts) are doubled because, well, newer content. And then you need 2 powerboard races to make an even 15m/90m.

There might also be some desire on the devs part to limit the Horgahn hunt because it's such a good source of favors for people with alts. /wildguess

Personally, the only things I tend to do are the horgahn hunt (for the favors & the eggs/birds/rep marks) & flying high. Hmm, which could also be a reason why the other events get more times/the schedule was spread out - their stats show too many people hunting horgahns/not enough doing other stuff. (also a wild guess. /shrug)
  • Options
    The races are doubled because they're shorter.

The artifact hunt I suppose is doubled because they wanted to round off the schedule time and nobody remembered they had a sandcastle event they could run instead. :p
  • Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User

it needs 2 cause you need to get over a "whole lot" of pieces to complete the deed. and it's all random. the more you have done, the less likely are you are get the missing item you need.
  • Options
    tigeraries wrote: »

it needs 2 cause you need to get over a "whole lot" of pieces to complete the deed. and it's all random. the more you have done, the less likely are you are get the missing item you need.
    What part of "it's available at all times anyway" did you miss? All the event does is give extra reward, and remind players the activity exists.

You don't even need to do it during the event, just do it ahead of time on all toons then cash in during the event for the bonus favors.
  • Options
    iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    tigeraries wrote: »

It doesn't need any spots, honestly. You can run the Artifact hunt at any time, outside of it being on cooldown. The scheduled ones simply give a bonus to the Favor payout.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    but that's just it... you need the bonus cause the cost of items for this event is borked... always have been. it's tedious to earn, you basically need to park yourself there and grind away. at least the outfits are risa restricted so I crossed those off altogether. they should either cut prices to be more inline with winter or raise the rewards by 4 times.
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    I agree with cutting out an artifact hunt and replacing it with a Horga'hn hunt. I'd much rather do the Horga'hn hunt.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    k20vteck20vtec Member Posts: 535 Arc User
    Horgahn hunt or even the sand castles...

and why 2 races? Is DQing ppl and flag guessing really that fun ?
    Hast thou not gone against sincerity
    Hast thou not felt ashamed of thy words and deeds
    Hast thou not lacked vigor
    Hast thou exerted all possible efforts
    Hast thou not become slothful
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    90 minutes sucks. Do I have to buy an egg timer and set it for 90mins? At least that explains why the final bonus is 75 lolnutz instead of 50 like last year. So I guess I only get ~400 lolnutz per 90mins now. :'(
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,571 Arc User
    Was 75 last year too.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    ltminns wrote: »
    Was 75 last year too.
    Really? That's 2 things about the Summer Event I'm totally wrong on; must be losing my memory.

In that case... WE NEED MORE BONUS!!! if it's now 90 minutes! ;)
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Well, at least 90 minutes divides into a full day evenly, so the schedule should stay the same all summer. I just wrote down a little card with all the Hunt times so I can keep track.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    sunfrancks wrote: »

That is the best solution to the problem.

Not sure why we need 2 each of the competitive races, since they both reward the same thing. Better to have one of each and allow the Horga'hn hunt to be every hour again..
    they give Tags though, when everything else does not.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg