test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Summer Event!

Comments

• nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    tigeraries wrote: »
    missing event hail button to transwarp to earth/kronos/or romulan command to talk to Q for summer event. need to fly to risa... wtf!?

It seems, & this is just a guess by my own experience, using scientific method, & chat, that if your character is AoY created you don't get a Transwarp to Risa option at all. Whereas, all other created characters do.

• themadprofessor#9835 themadprofessor Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    nommo#5819 wrote: »
    missing event hail button to transwarp to earth/kronos/or romulan command to talk to Q for summer event. need to fly to risa... wtf!?

It seems, & this is just a guess by my own experience, using scientific method, & chat, that if your character is AoY created you don't get a Transwarp to Risa option at all. Whereas, all other created characters do.

Well I don't have the option to Transwarp to Risa on any of my toons, regardless of faction.
    Space Barbie Extraordinaire. Got a question about Space Barbie? Just ask.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    5) True Vanity Impulse and Deflector effects similar to Vanity Shields.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
    8) Independent Faction, because yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me!
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    Hmm. So it looks like the event schedule is about 1.5 hours long now. 2 artifact hunts, 2 powerboard races, 2 biathlons, 1 dance, 1 horgahn hunt. Makes it a bit harder to know when to log on for the event you like, at least for the dance & H.hunt...
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    You can also build Sand Castles every 15 minutes for 20 Favors, just no 'Event'.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    I recall last year that there were two dance's and one artifact hunt, now it seems to be the other way around.
    Post edited by avoozuul on
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    no i am pretty sure there use to be a portal to risa via Q... KDF couldnt go to Risa... they had to port over so Feds had to portal to there as well.

Edit: No Q, but when you do the event pop up/advert... there is a transwarp button for folks... except for AOY toons. Screwed over yet again.
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    ok yes confirmed AOY screwed over... they are missing the Transwarp to Risa. My Ferengi Delta toon has transwarp. Pls fix with next patch.
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    iamynaught wrote: »
    What happened to the 400 Lohlunat Prize Vouchers from the first day?

400 voucher prizes only apply to anniversary events (where we also have a new feature episode to reward them.) Both the winter and summer events start players from 0.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    Well the Klingons for the Mok'Bara finally showed up so I was able to complete the Master Relaxer Accolade. They show up on the hour at the half hour, i.e. 1:30, 2:30, 3:30, etc. You have to be right there on top of the Arch as they only stick around for less than 15 SECONDS. This is so broken.

Boff Training Manuals and Kit Modules are no where near being compatible with the cost of the Manuals/Modules from the Winter Event. So outfitting one Character with the 3 Kit Modules and one of each of a Science, Tactical, and Engineering Boff with three Manuals each would cost::

Modules: 3 x 1,000 = 3,000
    One of each Boff Type x 1,500 = 4,500
    Three VR Doffs x 1,000 = 3,000
    Total 10,500 Favors

Hope the Metrics©® are worth it.

Edit: Corrected Boff Manual Costs

I looked over the costs on these and there is a definite discrepancy here, and has been for years, You could buy a Winter Event kit module with the stuff that you got on one character running everything that rewards commodities in one hour, and probably have some to spare. If you ran every activity on Risa, assuming that you were not so so good at the powerboard race and biathlon and only got the minimum 15 favors, it would take you almost 4.5 hours.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • tilartatilarta Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    kiralyn wrote: »
    Turns out a handful of the Risa costumes show up in Off Duty. So the Rash Guard outfits might end up in Off Duty as well, since they're just t-shirts & shorts.

it would be useful if anyone had a definitive list of which Risa costumes are Off Duty, so I'd know which ones to seek out and unlock.
    Unfortunately, the one piece swimsuit I want is most likely not an off duty compatible option.

But from reviewing the notes on the costume problem I am trying to fix, I don't think Off Duty applies to BOFFs anyway, so getting the unlock wouldn't be helpful.

Bees like honey, they don't like vinegar.
    Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    tilarta wrote: »
    it would be useful if anyone had a definitive list of which Risa costumes are Off Duty, so I'd know which ones to seek out and unlock.
    Unfortunately, the one piece swimsuit I want is most likely not an off duty compatible option.

But from reviewing the notes on the costume problem I am trying to fix, I don't think Off Duty applies to BOFFs anyway, so getting the unlock wouldn't be helpful.

I'm quite positive that almost anything you find in "beachwear separates" tops is available as off-duty. Swim bottoms and one-pieces are restricted. But I can't confirm it without a doubt.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Logged in at lunchtime - popped char on Risa. Lo and behold, after about five minutes:
    GWm0Yko.png

That's a feature not a bug.
    Woot, it begins!

~slips into her bikini and sarong. Grabs her hover board, and pops "Current of Love" into the player~

7hWns7N.jpg 2015
    GPfIkJI.jpg 2016
    0Xy1rSj.jpg 2017

See you on the beach, folks! :*B)
    j7gNxb4.jpg

Top picture, middle woman. It looks like her head is floating off her neck/shoulders. o.o
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • sharmutashlikha#2072 sharmutashlikha Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    Afaik the string bikini top isn't available in off-duty.
    Raysah@sharmutashlikha#2072 stands attentively for Captain Nog.
    [Emotes] Raysah@sharmutashlikha#2072: Qapla', Captain Nog!
    Raysah@sharmutashlikha#2072 salutes Captain Nog with respect.

R'Miia@sharmutashlikha#2072 stands attentively for Captain Nog.
    R'Miia@sharmutashlikha#2072 salutes Captain Nog.

She'Roars@sharmutashlikha#2072 stands attentively for Captain Nog.
    [Emotes] She'Roars@sharmutashlikha#2072: Qapla', Captain Nog!
    She'Roars@sharmutashlikha#2072 salutes Captain Nog with respect.

Yozit'yaza@sharmutashlikha#2072 stands attentively for Nog.
    Yozit'yaza@sharmutashlikha#2072 salutes Nog.

• smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,659 Arc User
    nimbull wrote: »
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Logged in at lunchtime - popped char on Risa. Lo and behold, after about five minutes:
    GWm0Yko.png

That's a feature not a bug.
    Woot, it begins!

~slips into her bikini and sarong. Grabs her hover board, and pops "Current of Love" into the player~

7hWns7N.jpg 2015
    GPfIkJI.jpg 2016
    0Xy1rSj.jpg 2017

See you on the beach, folks! :*B)
    j7gNxb4.jpg

Top picture, middle woman. It looks like her head is floating off her neck/shoulders. o.o

That's Cassy. She's wearing a top with a neck piece that sorta blends her neck with the walls behind her.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    tilarta wrote: »

Yeah, Off-duty doesn't work on Boffs. :/

Just checked on my "main" character. She has the Explorer top, two of the buttoned Hawaiian shirts, and the Sling/Retro/Mini-T/Criss Cross tops available in Off-Duty. The open shirts and the String Bikini top don't show up. The Explorer shorts are in Pants, Tucked High category (unlike the Terran shorts, which are in Pants, Tight.)
  • xariamaxariama Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    Yep, no 8:30 tick on the mok'bara Klingons. Seriously, how could you guys TRIBBLE this up this badly?
    Lane Bjorn Jorgensson, Captain, ISS Voltaire

Here's a map to show how much they've screwed up the game map.
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,762 Arc User
    I must say, I'd rather Dance twice in an hour, then Biatalon twice in a hour.
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • dana2lovedana2love Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    I must say, I'd rather Dance twice in an hour, then Biatalon twice in a hour.

Me, too.
    pmuvj73Aj
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Try afternoon :30s. Got mine yesterday at 2:30 EDT. The Klingons might not be getting up early due to Bloodwine hangovers from all the Risa partying. :)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    With the way the events are scheduled now, I've nearly completely given up on Risa for this year. And if it stays this way moving forward, the event, for me anyway, will be a 5 minute mission for 25 days to unlock the event ship. And that's it.

With the 90 minute rotation of events, that means I can log in (and have) and not see the events I want to run, the Dance Off and Horga'hn Hunt, and have no idea when I'd be able to come back to see when they would show up. Set time for set event was the best.

So now instead of enjoying Risa, I'm basically ignoring it.

Add in the fact that the item cost is far too expensive and the ability to earn Favors is so small, especially now this year, and I see no reason at all to spend any time on Risa past the mission for the ship.

I'll just get what I can and call it good. I am a minority of 1. I cannot, nor should I, keep others from enjoying the event. Just because I don't find the fun I used to with this current iteration doesn't mean that other players aren't having a blast. To those people, I say continue enjoying the event, don't let people with negative attitudes ruin your fun, including me.

My take on the event as it current is

Positives of this years Risa Event:

Account unlockable, cross faction ship

New kit mods, training manuals for BOffs and beachwear outfits

New non-combat pets

New colors for floaters/hoverboards

Negatives of this years Risa Event:

High cost of virtually every event store item, including the new kit mods, training manuals and new beachwear outfits. I have no idea how much the new floaters/hoverboards are, but I'm betting they are 1000 Favors each

Low ability to earn Favors

Events on too long a schedule making it difficult to find time to do specific ones at set times

No Competitive marks for Monkey/Bird trade in

Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • dana2lovedana2love Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    After giving the Biathlon a try:
    [Mission] Check in at the flag before equipping your floater!
    How do I do that? I didn't see a flag to check in at. Did it vanish because I probably was last?

Anyways, it was a rather frustrating experience, probably won't do it again. Same as with last years addition, the artifact hunt. Risa is losing its magic rather fast now.
    pmuvj73Aj
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    dana2love wrote: »
    How do I do that? I didn't see a flag to check in at. Did it vanish because I probably was last?

Anyways, it was a rather frustrating experience, probably won't do it again. Same as with last years addition, the artifact hunt. Risa is losing its magic rather fast now.
    Yeah, that got me too the first time. Transitioning from water to air requires you to go up the beach on your board until you get to the ramp that goes through a ring. "Checking in" is as simple as going through the ring. BUT... don't turn your floater on before then or you'll get DQ.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Not having the Dance happen as often is off putting for the party atmosphere....I mean....dancing, come on!!! What says "Party!" more than dancing??
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    hmm, brainstorm. why not have more than one event going at the same time since there are now so many.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• xariamaxariama Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    Try afternoon :30s. Got mine yesterday at 2:30 EDT. The Klingons might not be getting up early due to Bloodwine hangovers from all the Risa partying. :)

Touche, good sir. *tips hat*
    Lane Bjorn Jorgensson, Captain, ISS Voltaire

Here's a map to show how much they've screwed up the game map.
  • petlan76petlan76 Member Posts: 10 Arc User

Yeah, that got me too the first time. Transitioning from water to air requires you to go up the beach on your board until you get to the ramp that goes through a ring. "Checking in" is as simple as going through the ring. BUT... don't turn your floater on before then or you'll get DQ.
    I'm having the same problem...
    You mean I have to take the first ring with the board? Then why the talk about a flag? Thanks anyway, I'll try that.
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    hmm, brainstorm. why not have more than one event going at the same time since there are now so many.

That would be an interesting idea. I suspect that they can't right now because they're zone-wide open missions, and they can't do 2 of those at once, but maybe they could section the map off into "neighborhoods" like on New Romulus or Kobali Prime.

Personally, I like the Horga'hn Hunt and Artifact Hunt because you can do them on multiple characters each time they're up. When you have a bunch of alts, the weakness of activities that are one go per run really starts to become obvious. Once I'm done getting Biathlon accolades, it will be like the Powerboard Race, something that I avoid because of the opportunity cost of losing out on Favors from the shorter activities. It's the only way to make the prices of Summer items even remotely close to Winter Items. The difference is between roughly 360 Favors in a 90-minute cycle on one character doing everything and getting the minimum for the races vs. getting around 1200 Favors per cycle just running Horga'hn Hunt on 4 characters (I could probably squeeze in 5 if my load times cooperated, but I don't like to cut it that close.) and 16 times through Artifact Hunt spread out over the hour, but always turning it in on all of them during the bonus time.
    nommo#5819 wrote: »

Well I don't have the option to Transwarp to Risa on any of my toons, regardless of faction.

Are you looking for it in the Mission Journal? In the main window that opens up when you hit J, there's a banner on the left-hand side. Click on that and a window opens that has a description of the event and a Transwarp button on the bottom, unless you're a 23rd Century Starfleet character. That button will take you right to Risa system space.

Edit: Oh, and thanks, @ltminns I got the Mok'Bara accolade today, after several times looking at 30 minutes past the hour. It would be nice if we could figure out what other factors make that group spawn. I'd guess the in-game time of day in that instance when 30 past rolls around has something to do with it.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    petlan76 wrote: »

You mean I have to take the first ring with the board? Then why the talk about a flag? Thanks anyway, I'll try that.
    Yeah, the description made no sense to me either, but... it works when you stay on the board until then. I'm wondering it the devs thought it looked cool to transition in mid-air and thus are trying to get people to do that?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • petlan76petlan76 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    petlan76 wrote: »

Yeah, the description made no sense to me either, but... it works when you stay on the board until then. I'm wondering it the devs thought it looked cool to transition in mid-air and thus are trying to get people to do that?
    I managed to finish the biathlon now... and it really was just going all over the ramp. Activated my floater when I was through the banner but still on the ramp the first time I tried.
    Thanks again for clearing that up.
  • tilartatilarta Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    @kiralyn
    I checked the vendor for myself this morning.
    Nothing categorized as "swimsuit" can be used away from Risa, to the best of my knowledge from studying the tooltips.
    Unfortunately, that also includes the Rashguards, they were tagged as Swimsuits/Risa georestricted too.
    iamynaught wrote: »
    And if it stays this way moving forward, the event, for me anyway, will be a 5 minute mission for 25 days to unlock the event ship. I'll just get what I can and call it good. I am a minority of 1.

That's all I do as well.
    The ship is the only reason I go to Risa, to get the account unlock.
    When that goal is achieved, then I go back to new Romulus Command to await the next event.

Truthfully, given the high cost of the store items and the low return of collecting the items, I have better things to do then dig in snowpiles or look under Risan plants for lost trinkets.

Vorgon is one letter removed from Vogon.
    If you find any poetry on the ship, don't read it, immediately put it in a torpedo and fire it into the core of one of Risa's suns.

Bees like honey, they don't like vinegar.
    Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(