test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Summer Event!

Comments

• avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    avoozuul wrote: »
    Strangely enough I don't seem to be having this issue at all.
    I retract what I said previously, I too am getting the crash after waiting a while, handle is obviously @avoozuul
  • tilartatilarta Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    I thought the new rashguards were interesting, but I don't really see the point in having georestricted costumes, as in, ones you can't use away from Risa.
    I have no interest in bikinis, but the one piece swimsuit could make an excellent sleeveless shirt if added to a regular uniform or outfit.
    Likewise, I could find uses for the rashguards if they were combinable.
    But because they aren't, I don't waste any tokens on unlocking them, because my rule with anything is if you can't use it anywhere you want or in any costume, then it means nothing to me.

And Champions Online tailor proves costume mix&matching is fairly popular, so categories should just be removed and allow us to have Infinite Combinations in Infinite Diversity.

Bees like honey, they don't like vinegar.
    Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
  • sarah2774sarah2774 Member Posts: 238 Arc User
    Hey, if Risa's crashing on you, can you send me your @handle? The team's going to look into seeing what happened.

@sarah2774
    OPv9m3F.jpg
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    tilarta wrote: »
    I thought the new rashguards were interesting, but I don't really see the point in having georestricted costumes, as in, ones you can't use away from Risa.
    I have no interest in bikinis, but the one piece swimsuit could make an excellent sleeveless shirt if added to a regular uniform or outfit.
    Likewise, I could find uses for the rashguards if they were combinable.

Turns out a handful of the Risa costumes show up in Off Duty. The explorer & beachcomber, a few of the swimsuit tops (Criss-cross, Mini-T, Sling, Retro), and (I think) the closed shirts. So the Rash Guard outfits might end up in Off Duty as well, since they're just t-shirts & shorts. We'll see....
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,762 Arc User
    Water Balloons! Risa needs an excuse for a water balloon/water pistol fight. :smiley:
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    Risa needs pve queues which let you use water guns in a similar way as Super Mario Sunshine. Maybe even an event involving someone disabling the weather systems and everyone needs to stop them in order to reactivate them, maybe involve a Vorgon as the main villain or something.
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    No Competitive marks for monkey or bird trade ins I see. Thanks a heap. Dead Competitive queues and there's really no other way to get the marks outside of the Red Alerts daily bonus. Guess I'm done with this Rep.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    Well the Klingons for the Mok'Bara finally showed up so I was able to complete the Master Relaxer Accolade. They show up on the hour at the half hour, i.e. 1:30, 2:30, 3:30, etc. You have to be right there on top of the Arch as they only stick around for less than 15 SECONDS. This is so broken.

Boff Training Manuals and Kit Modules are no where near being compatible with the cost of the Manuals/Modules from the Winter Event. So outfitting one Character with the 3 Kit Modules and one of each of a Science, Tactical, and Engineering Boff with three Manuals each would cost::

Modules: 3 x 1,000 = 3,000
    One of each Boff Type x 1,500 = 4,500
    Three VR Doffs x 1,000 = 3,000
    Total 10,500 Favors

Hope the Metrics©® are worth it.

Edit: Corrected Boff Manual Costs
    Post edited by ltminns on
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    ltminns wrote: »
    Boff Training Manuals and Kit Modules are no where near being compatible with the cost of the Manuals/Modules from the Winter Event. So outfitting one Character with the 3 Kit Modules and one of each of a Science, Tactical, and Engineering Boff with three Manuals each would cost::

Modules: 3 x 1,000 = 3,000
    One of each Boff Type x 1,550 = 4,650
    Three VR Doffs x 1,000 = 3,000
    Total 10,650 Favors

Hope the Metrics©® are worth it.

Oh wow, I didn't even think to look at the prices of that stuff. I guess some part of me was thinking they lowered the prices but apparently they didn't. One more thing I'll not be bothering with on Risa. Sad.

• sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    iamynaught wrote: »
    No Competitive marks for monkey or bird trade ins I see. Thanks a heap. Dead Competitive queues and there's really no other way to get the marks outside of the Red Alerts daily bonus. Guess I'm done with this Rep.

this is probably a mistake but unfortunate because it means i will have to leave risa next week to do the red alerts. usually i like to stay the whole time.

please add these for next thursday.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

edited June 2017
    They mucked up the Competitive Marks in The Mirror Invasion when it first came out as well. They never learn.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    What happened to the teleport to Risa's orbit button? It's going to take some time to get there from where I'm at in the game.
  • cokebearcokebear Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    What happened to the teleport to Risa's orbit button? It's going to take some time to get there from where I'm at in the game.

It's not working on 23rd century temporal recruits. I already switched to do it on one of my older characters... which wasn't my plan originally.
    Only a couple of my KDF Characters had that Transwarp. No one else.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • gerwalk0769gerwalk0769 Member Posts: 1,095 Arc User
    Summer is coming to Risa on all platforms from June 8th to July 20th! Check out all the details:

Xbox One and Playstation 4:
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/xbox/star-trek-online/news/detail/10518403

PC:
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10519433

Thanks Kael. I'm assuming that the new manual and boff manuals will be on Risa tomorrow after a patch, right?
    Joined STO in September 2010.
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,659 Arc User
    Woot, it begins!

~slips into her bikini and sarong. Grabs her hover board, and pops "Current of Love" into the player~

7hWns7N.jpg 2015
    GPfIkJI.jpg 2016
    0Xy1rSj.jpg 2017

See you on the beach, folks! :*B)
    j7gNxb4.jpg
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User

you didnt get enough during mirror invasion? I basically get all my marks during crystal or mirror
  • k20vteck20vtec Member Posts: 535 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    Sooo... dsncing eveny, with its big favor payoff is now sacrificed to be once every 90 min for that floater racing? And thr horghan hunt is less frequent as well...

I love it. Just love it.
    Post edited by k20vtec on
    Hast thou not gone against sincerity
    Hast thou not felt ashamed of thy words and deeds
    Hast thou not lacked vigor
    Hast thou exerted all possible efforts
    Hast thou not become slothful
    tigeraries wrote: »

you didnt get enough during mirror invasion? I basically get all my marks during crystal or mirror

Burned out on Mirror, didn't even finish the project.

• danquellerdanqueller Member Posts: 501 Arc User
    edited June 2017

Federation characters have access to a transwarp that puts you right outside the Risa system, but it's hidden in among the Beta Quadrant transwarp destinations.

As far as those who have mentioned Competitive queues being dead, what did you expect with the Mirror Event going on? That sucked in just about everyone as it provided better rewards and was a time-limited event. Now we have the Summer Event, so that will take up people's attention. Once the Summer Event is done, it's possible the Competitive queues will start coming back in activity, though I suspect the only reason they were as active before was that they were the best way to level up in the new Reputation and there was nothing else 'going on' prior to this.

• ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
    Summer is coming to Risa on all platforms from June 8th to July 20th! Check out all the details:

PC:

Thanks Kael. I'm assuming that the new manual and boff manuals will be on Risa tomorrow after a patch, right?

They're in the rep store, and being sold by a vendor on the map. Just confirmed it myself. :)
  • gerwalk0769gerwalk0769 Member Posts: 1,095 Arc User

PC:

They're in the rep store, and being sold by a vendor on the map. Just confirmed it myself. :)

Checking now, thank you for responding!
    Joined STO in September 2010.
  • themadprofessor#9835 themadprofessor Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    I noticed that on a Fed toon, when I get to Risa, I have the option of beaming to the resort or the Classic Beach, but on a KDF toon, it's just the resort. Is that a bug or intentional?
    Space Barbie Extraordinaire. Got a question about Space Barbie? Just ask.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    5) True Vanity Impulse and Deflector effects similar to Vanity Shields.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
    8) Independent Faction, because yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me!
  • ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    Intentional... The old resort was inaccessible by the KDF side during the old days of Risa.
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    danqueller wrote: »

Federation characters have access to a transwarp that puts you right outside the Risa system, but it's hidden in among the Beta Quadrant transwarp destinations.

My Klingon characters have it, too. I think it is unlocked by being in a fleet that has a Starbase Transwarp portal of a certain level, of all things. Characters on Tribble are not in fleets and don't have it.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • jc1240#2788 jc1240 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    What happened to the 400 Lohlunat Prize Vouchers from the first day?
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    missing event hail button to transwarp to earth/kronos/or romulan command to talk to Q for summer event. need to fly to risa... wtf!?
    What happened to the 400 Lohlunat Prize Vouchers from the first day?

They don't exist. You gotta grind them out.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
    tigeraries wrote: »
    missing event hail button to transwarp to earth/kronos/or romulan command to talk to Q for summer event. need to fly to risa... wtf!?

Um... Q has nothing to do with the summer event... He does the winter event.

Things I want in STO:

• gorillachopsgorillachops Member Posts: 206 Arc User
    Hi Dev Team
    I just wanted to say thanks for all the effort you put into the new "Artifact Scavenger Event". It's a nice use of the scanning mechanic that we really don't see enough of, and the description of each artifact includes some really nice references to Trek lore.

Thanks for making the extra effort.
    giphy.gif