test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Macros

I have a Logitech G15 keyboard with up to date software and I'm using the FES sto key binds tool.

I've tried making an attack macro with the tool and tying it to the G3 key (it was set to control + k, then I tried with F3). The macro was to set power to weapons, execute tray 10 and 9. I've copied it to the sto chatbox like you're supposed to and nothing is happening.

Does anyone know a fix or what I'm doing wrong or wether it's a bad program??
Help would be much appreciated.

Comments

• bernatkbernatk Member Posts: 1,089 Bug Hunter
    ARC is absolutely aggressively swallows inputs (eg macro softwares won't work). You can only use ingame macros which are quite limited.
    Tck7dQ2.jpg
    Dahar Master Mary Sue                                               Fleet Admiral Bloody Mary
  • risingwolfshadowrisingwolfshadow Member Posts: 619 Arc User
    Oh, I used to be able to do it though through FES only a couple of years ago. Has something changed?
  • hanover2hanover2 Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    Macros are a cheaty little crutch anyway. You will click icons in your skill tray, and you will like it!
    I do and I don't like it.
    1. It never reacts quickly enough because of the lag.
    2. When I click on multiple buffs in quick succession it doesn't even activate half of them because of lag.

I used to have macros but I got a new Pc and they got reset.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    Generally I've noticed that the engine only likes queuing up one ability after you activate one. But then again I don't run Buff spam macros since I'm more situational. The right buff for the right situation. Not "FIRE EVERYTHING".
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    Yeah but I PvP so buffing in the right order and in quick succession is vital. Which would be easy to do with the mouse if the UI registered clicks properly and quickly.