test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Foundry missions with new alien species

Does anyone know of any interesting alien species that were created for Foundry missions? Alien species have always been my favorite part of Star Trek.

Comments

• duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    Off the top of my head, here's a list of missions from other authors feature new alien species. (there's a lot more but here's what I can cite with mission name+author, and is currently published)
    • To Boldly Go [AEI] by Captain.Hunter
    • Three Star Tale, Part 1 [AEI] by Djxprime
    • Shades of Intrigue [AEI] by Dragonsbreatheren
    • Depths of Nukara Prime by P_Sutherland
    • [ICO] Rise of the Mol'Rihan by P_Sutherland
    • Paying the Price by Zebgodwin (it's in the review tab ATM, enable with option at bottom left of the Foundry journal UI.)
    • Odd Old Ends by Cuchulainn74

And here's a list of my missions that feature new alien species.
    • Trident, Part 1 [AEI]
    • Trident, Part 2 [AEI]
    • Eons [AEI]
    • Apex
    • Epoch, Part 1 [AEI]
    • Gemini [SSF-1]
    • Polarity [SSF-2]
    • Entropy [SSF-3]
    • Continuity [SSF-4]
    • Echoes [SSF2-1]
    • Inversion [SSF2-2]
    • Entanglement [SSF2-3]
    • Refraction [SSF2-4]

(There's too many species to list individually so here are their host missions. Making new alien species is one of my favorite things to do in the Foundry. :))
    Post edited by duncanidaho11 on
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    I'm working on something that will act as 'First Contact' with the Ask'kaar right now ... which if done the way I vision, will explain why the Ask'kaar commander in Depths of Nukara Prime recognises the player ... and why she doesn't like you.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • rickysmith1rickysmith1 Member Posts: 610 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    thay8472 wrote: »
    I'm working on something that will act as 'First Contact' with the Ask'kaar right now ... which if done the way I vision, will explain why the Ask'kaar commander in Depths of Nukara Prime recognises the player ... and why she doesn't like you.

Look at him, jumping in there like a dog in heat :smiley:

If you would like a ToS themed race, I have come up with a few in my series, here are two;

Caspians: A simple warp capable civilization on the border between the Federation and Klingon Empire. Their homeworld was conquered and the remaining population became refugees rejected by both sides. A sort of take on the Syrian Refugee crisis of today.
    Foregone: Inspired by the Mass Effect game and Stargate series; An ancient humanoid race who's religion is based entirely around their pursuit of science. Known to be a member of an ancient council, they worked to save the Tkon Homeworld to no success.
    STAR TREK CONTINUES
    Episode One - A Single Moment Episode Two - Infancy Episode Three - Unto the Breach
    Episode Four - Head Of A Needle Episode Five: The Duality of Men Episode Six - Redemption Earned
    Episode Seven - Shattered Universe Episode Eight - The Gepetto Condition Episode Nine - One Room, Two Officers
    Episode Ten - Beyond The Farthest Star Episode Eleven - It's OK, It Won't Hurt Episode Twelve - A Protracted Officer
    Episode Thirteen - Somewhen Episode Fourteen - The Boy Who Lived Episode Fifthteen - Empathy
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,258 Arc User
    while not published yet, depending on your defination of "new" the species that feature in a set of missions I'm working on would qualify (they're new in a sense that they're not a pre-existing trek species, but by 2410s they've been long term if minor federation member so it's not a first contact situation). Mirwast my FED engineer and current main is a member of said species.
  • theyredeadjimtheyredeadjim Member Posts: 243 Arc User
    My mission, Of Damsels and Distress, features new aliens and an ending that depends upon the choices that you make. Sadly, the introduction of Lighting 2.0 damaged certain assets and created holes in one of the maps; however, the mission remains playable and has received positive reviews :)