test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

"Skip All" button

Dear Devs -

Please add a way to "Skip All" episode missions once a player has levelled their character to 60. I have no desire to replay much of the early content, and usually move on to doing the queues once I reach 50 anyways. The tangle of content I have skipped through from getting to 50 makes it more difficult to go back and replay missions for specific gear I might need for a particular build. The singular form of the "skip" button is often not highlighted (who knows why) and it compels the player into aspects of the game they may not enjoy.

Thanks in advance.

Nick.

Comments

• jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    No need for a "Skip All Button".

Just play a different game. That way you bypass everything in STO.
  • nickodaemusnickodaemus Member Posts: 711 Arc User
    You are more than a bit OFF, jag. Please re-read.

TY.
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    jaguarskx wrote: »
    No need for a "Skip All Button".

Just play a different game. That way you bypass everything in STO.

Considering how many players bypass teamed PvE at endgame and are still able to max out their toons I find the request to skip story content and using other stuff to gain SP perfectly reasonable.

I know that story content is cryptic’s only premium content but think it is highlighted more than enough with the sick “play the FE three times the next few weeks and that with all your toons” reward structure.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,636 Arc User
    I'd be for this, or just having an extra option where railroading of content was toggle-able. The whole one mission locks the next was to help newbies have an idea of what to do, just like Mission auto-hails. Since auto-hails can be disabled, why not have the option to disable mission railroading too?

There's quite a few times where I want a piece of gear for an alt, but I have to manually skip one-by-one to get to it. The random 'you must go through this mission' sections are just another block that isn't really helpful when I've already played any given mission quite a few times on my other characters previously.
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,386 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    Consider it the small fee the game asks to you as a very reasonable compensation. Many other games don't even give you that opportunity.

"So, you want to skip the work the devs did because of reasons? That's very fine, we have a button for that, you'll just have to do a very quick mission to activate each arc and then click the skip button of each mission you wanna skip, nothing serious.
    What's that? That still isn't enough? Spending 3 minutes, the most of it spent to travel in sector space, to complete the mission, then keep clicking the existing skip buttons is still too annoying? You want a "skip all" button... Sorry, but like everything, there are limits to what you can take before someone tells you "how about you give a little, first?". Consider it the limit here."
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    Honestly, If you have one captain that's done every mission...
    I really see no reason why alternate toons couldn't skip every single episode mission.

If they want to incentivize people to run their alts through story content, perhaps they should add a global/general Recruit reward system to every toon. Similar to Delta and AoY rewards.
    Because for me it's not appealing to keep doing these story chains over and over again, for every new toon I create. I avoid such activity wherever possible on my lesser alts.

The only characters I've run through all the story content with is my first Tac, Sci, Engi, and Delta/AoY recruits (a RomFED and a LibBorgFED).
    And tbh that was already way too much, even before we got Delta and AoY.
    The AoY grind in particular killed a lot of the motivation I have to play this game.
    I barely scrapped my way through it.

I have no desire to do this again on my other 7 characters.
    Once was enough to be completely honest.
    Especially since you need 2-3 Replays on many of the missions now days.

I really wish they'd spread out the mission reward items so you didn't have to replay single missions over and over again.
    Like, we have plenty of missions with garbage rewards... so there is "room" to shuffle the mission reward items around a bit.

Why concentrate 3-4 episode rewards into one mission anyway ?
    ..On a brand new mission, sure, it's okay I guess, I can understand that tactic... But once the new arc has come to its conclusion, the rewards should be redistributed equally throughout the arc (if and whenever possible to avoid burnout).

Getting through "Dust to Dust" three times (for the Kobali set) makes me want to blow my brains out, for example.

[img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    This is a silly request. You could have manually skipped every mission in the game with less effort than typing up your OP.
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    warpangel wrote: »
    This is a silly request. You could have manually skipped every mission in the game with less effort than typing up your OP.

I'd have to agree on the basis that it would might take more effort by a dev than it would ever save in the community. Skipping missions is a one-time process per character that only requires the consistent application of one button. If you wait until the last minute (ie. refrain from mission content, only look to skip everything at level 60) then it'll be the long application of one button but that's more a lesson against procrastination than anything else.

I don't see this QOL feature as bringing anything substantive to the game. Other areas could use the dev time a lot more.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • hanover2hanover2 Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    Maybe a "skip series" button. Or dispense with the need to skip one episode to proceed to the next.
  • bartimaeus#4158 bartimaeus Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    I don't see the reason to do that. It's fairly fast to skip them, mission-by-mission. As long as everything is skippable. The scenario/story/script is tragic at best, so having to pass it at least once is way too much.

We could have a "get char to lvl60 immediately" button. For free... for as many a toon as we want. And tradeable Reputation Sponsorship.
  • taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    Pretty sure there are some missions you cant skip. unless that changed.
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User

last I checked those were all: get mission, go to *blank*, say hi, turn in misssion.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
    nightken wrote: »

last I checked those were all: get mission, go to *blank*, say hi, turn in misssion.

No, the Kobali missions aren't.
    edited May 2017

No, the Kobali missions aren't.

*checks* guess I was wrong.

work round time. next FE do it on all characters, you can now do any missions that come later. the only real loss at this point is the entoil and Chronometric Calculations sets.

edit: oh and the Quantum Phase sets... ok it's actually fairly annoying guess I was wrong about that too.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
    Not sure i follow you.

Question: Why, on planet earth, would i want to replay ANY STO mission?
    Because Delta and Temporal recruits.
    hanover2 wrote: »
    Because Delta and Temporal recruits.

And because if i replay a mission around 12 times i am gonna get a space set or a ground set, or something cute anyways. Yeah, and that's the only way to coerce someone to replay a long and boring mission, and that is IF one actually wants to get the reward.
    Not sure i follow you.

in case why would want to play any of them?

I assume you enjoy sto, if so replaying most content should be fun not a problem, I mean yeah everyone has missions they don't like and would skip but over all it should be painless at worst.

Not sure i follow you.

I assume you enjoy sto, if so replaying most content should be fun not a problem, I mean yeah everyone has missions they don't like and would skip but over all it should be painless at worst.

Most content is awful. The story arc is TRIBBLE. PvE is something, but most STFs don't get played at all, PvP is unknown to me and you just stack dill to buy stuff to be a space barbie... and play PvE. It's just that all other mmorpg are far worse.
    Not sure i follow you.

Most content is awful. The story arc is ****. PvE is something, but most STFs don't get played at all, PvP is unknown to me and you just stack dill to buy stuff to be a space barbie... and play PvE. It's just that all other mmorpg are far worse.

see this where you uninstall and never look back. and maybe stop playing mmos, there are probably single player game that are a better use of your free time... hell there are probably mmos that are a bettr use of your time.

I might, you know, i just might. Don't know about mmos, but SP games? Sure there are.
    I might, you know, i just might. Don't know about mmos, but SP games? Sure there are.

if you not enjoying it at the very least take a break. I've done it several times. sto is ftp so you can always come back to see how things are going if you want.

I like PvE, but nobody is playing anything.

Actually, i find it kinda strange. There are around 40-50 STFs? And 3-4 are being played atm. Somehow they didn't figure it out well there in Cryptic.

My main issue is with being forced to repeat 4 and 5 and 6 times, missions long, annoying and boring, and quite frankly, insulting. Few, if any, missions have anything to do with Star Trek. Most of them are you, playing the galaxy's NATO.
    The queues are dead because of the mirror event. I know I'm about ready to gouge out my own eyes after churning all my alts through that arbitrarily time-gated slog.

Actually, i find it kinda strange. There are around 40-50 STFs? And 3-4 are being played atm. Somehow they didn't figure it out well there in Cryptic.

My main issue is with being forced to repeat 4 and 5 and 6 times, missions long, annoying and boring, and quite frankly, insulting. Few, if any, missions have anything to do with Star Trek. Most of them are you, playing the galaxy's NATO.

I hate to tell you but start trek is, quite frankly, a terrible ip for a mmo. most of the storylline are either personal drama or some version of natural disasters in space. neither being good for mmo missions. so there isn't enough to do but so many "star trek" missions.

I hate to tell you but start trek is, quite frankly, a terrible ip for a mmo. most of the storylline are either personal drama or some version of natural disasters in space. neither being good for mmo missions. so there isn't enough to do but so many "star trek" missions.

Having to fight here and there is also part of Star Trek. Intergalactic wars are also part of Star Trek. There were episodes with fighting and war, and if you want, half DS9 is about war between interstellar states. But from that, to being an oppressive power that polices the galaxy, binds other states with treaties, and goes to war everytime someone gets out of line.... well, it's too much.

Having to fight here and there is also part of Star Trek. Intergalactic wars are also part of Star Trek. There were episodes with fighting and war, and if you want, half DS9 is about war between interstellar states. But from that, to being an oppressive power that polices the galaxy, binds other states with treaties, and goes to war everytime someone gets out of line.... well, it's too much.

keep in mind most of the "wars" in sto aren't really much of anything. and thats pretty much how starfleet work they devour territory under the banner of exporation and peaceful cooperation til the hit someone big enough to kick them in the teeth. than fight a war tell they get a treaty that give them enough territory. and when whoever the run into that can't kick em in the teeth. well how do you think federation space got to be so large.

I've said it before if magic ever wants to do a white/blue bad guy group starfleet would be a great thing to base it on.

• warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User

It's not strange at all. None of those missions offer any special reward, everything's just dilithium and marks (which get converted to dilithium), so everyone goes to the ones where they can get lots of it fast and easy.