test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New Guy Here

xtremenerd#2151 xtremenerd Member Posts: 1 Arc User
Hi everybody!! I'm new to this site and game and I have a few questions. I'm hoping you guys can answer them for me.
1. What do fleets do and how do I join one?
2. what is the difference between fleet and team?
3. how do I interact with the other online players?

Comments

• Options
    nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    1. build fleet holdings and in theory run group content. invite, if you go to the fleet recruiting section of the forum you should be able to find someone who will invite you or ask in game.
    2. fleet is a guild/clan, team is a party.
    3. in game chat or mail.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • Options
    thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    Welcome to the game! And I am jealous of your username, OP. lol
    1. Fleets are supposed to be guilds like in other MMOs. However in practice here they are gear stores. To join a Fleet, ask someone in that Fleet.

2. A Team is a mission specific group of players for STFs or missions which is usually five in number. Teams can be premade by everyone joining up prior to beginning the mission. Joining a STF as a solo player places you into a PickUp Group, or "PUG".
    The quality and ability of the other players in one of these can vary wildly.

3. Ingame, use the ChatBox. Some Fleets use TeamSpeak or Discord or some other VOIP program.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • Options
    postinggumpostinggum Member Posts: 1,117 Arc User
    An important thing to understand with fleet stores is that they are unlocked with a lot of investment*, but everything other than fleet ships can be bought at an another fleet's facility provided you have the means, which are:
    1 permission to buy fleet stuff, usually acquired by reaching the second rank in a fleet, most fleets grant a promotion with about 50k fleet credits earned, though there have been some reports of bad fleets on the console side.
    2 Your fleet has 'fleet provisions', one is used per item bought, they are created by the fleet completing specific projects within the fleet holdings system and the stock can be easily checked.
    3 The necessary dil and fleet credits to make the purchase.
    4 An invitation to visit and shop, literally someone has to take a character to their relevant facility and issue an invite to your account.

* start you own fleet and expect it never to get finished, teir 4 and 5 of the starbase are insanely expensive and timegated to take a long time, even throwing real world money at it will take a couple of years.
  • Options
    theyredeadjimtheyredeadjim Member Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    1) As mentioned before, Fleets are the game's version of Guilds. If you find an active, friendly Fleet, you will be able to ask questions and learn some things about the game. Otherwise, the Fleet provides end-game gear for players who are lvl 50 and above. Type O and then the find fleet tab to view some Fleet options. If you see something that you like, you can ask an active member for an invite.

2) A Fleet is essentially a Guild, whereas a team is a more temporary arrangement, where players come together to accomplish particular goals. Certain missions in the game do require more than one player in order to play; for example, the PVE queues.

3) Once you have logged 20 hours of playtime, you should be able to use the chat features without any restrictions :)