test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

No Facilities on the Amarie Bridge

lopequillopequil Member Posts: 1,226 Arc User
So, after all that effort put in to designing a unique interior (and it's a whopper) for a bridge that hardly anyone will see, the devs forgot to include the mail, bank and exchange terminals. You know, one of the main selling points of the ship.

I try to give those guys the benefit of the doubt, I really do, but this is just the latest in a long string of things released broken/incomplete. With all due respect to the powers that be, do you even have QA people at Cryptic?

It is a nice bridge though, I just wish the same amount of effort went into other ships... like the ones we pay real money for.

P.S. Think about including a tailor next time; that's something that might make me seriously consider a replacement for my Cell ship.
Q9BWcdD.png

Comments

• meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    Pics, or it didn't happen! :) Seriously, I'd love to see that bridge and interior!

From what I saw, I wasn't all that impressed, tbh. The blog image looked like a Tuffli bridge of some sort (and I had figured they probably slapped some lame corridor to that). Didn't mind that one 'Minmatar' design, btw, but I was hoping for something more Intrepid style and detail.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • lopequillopequil Member Posts: 1,226 Arc User
    Ask and ye shall receive. But before that, credit to @repetitiveepic for supplying me with the ship!

XtAsf7F.jpg
    The interior is huge compared to other one-offs.

yfSaXvw.jpg
    The bridge has an account bank and small-craft selector. Unlike the SCS you can't select from all of your owned ships.

XZZANg5.jpg
    The interior has some new textures and sounds and the lighting is nicely done. I expect we'll see these filter down to the foundry eventually.

hj4PetG.jpg
    There's also a sickbay, but the doctor is just for show; you can't heal injuries here.

bpMltFg.jpg
    There's a bar too! But as with the doctor the bartender's job is just to stand there and look pretty.

SMpVl6a.jpg

7oFKDFu.jpg
    The cargo bay covers two levels and there's a Ferengi trader with the usual DOFF assignments.

ZUWu9M3.jpg
    Here's the quartermaster who, despite what the announcement says, isn't a vendor.

pDABDJp.jpg
    Finally we have the love den/engine room, which nicely illustrates how the Korath uniform was broken in Lighting 2.0, as well as deterring any pesky Reman saboteurs.
    Q9BWcdD.png
    Thank you very much for the images! :)

lopequil wrote: »
    Ask and ye shall receive. But before that, credit to @repetitiveepic for supplying me with the ship!

XtAsf7F.jpg
    The interior is huge compared to other one-offs.

yfSaXvw.jpg
    The bridge has an account bank and small-craft selector. Unlike the SCS you can't select from all of your owned ships.

XZZANg5.jpg
    The interior has some new textures and sounds and the lighting is nicely done. I expect we'll see these filter down to the foundry eventually.

hj4PetG.jpg
    There's also a sickbay, but the doctor is just for show; you can't heal injuries here.

bpMltFg.jpg
    There's a bar too! But as with the doctor the bartender's job is just to stand there and look pretty.

SMpVl6a.jpg

7oFKDFu.jpg
    The cargo bay covers two levels and there's a Ferengi trader with the usual DOFF assignments.

ZUWu9M3.jpg
    Here's the quartermaster who, despite what the announcement says, isn't a vendor.

pDABDJp.jpg
    Finally we have the love den/engine room, which nicely illustrates how the Korath uniform was broken in Lighting 2.0, as well as deterring any pesky Reman saboteurs.

3lsZz0w.jpg
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    If its supposed to have these services, but they aren't showing up... probably a bug.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • themadprofessor#9835 themadprofessor Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    I bet it's a bug. I'm willing to bet the devs are working on a fix for it, provided someone actually reported the bug. I know I reported it.
    Space Barbie Extraordinaire. Got a question about Space Barbie? Just ask.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    5) True Vanity Impulse and Deflector effects similar to Vanity Shields.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
    8) Independent Faction, because yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me!
  • discojerdiscojer Member Posts: 533 Arc User

It is a nice bridge though, I just wish the same amount of effort went into other ships... like the ones we pay real money for.

I would imagine that the R&D packs bring in much, much, much more money than the regular zen store ships.
    discojer wrote: »

I would imagine that the R&D packs bring in much, much, much more money than the regular zen store ships.

Yeah, like ppl don't 'pay real money for' R&D ships. :P They usually go for over 1 billion EC, easily.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    If these are indeed missing, then I must apologize for the oversight. I can only guess that there may have been a miscommunication internally as to what amenities were expected to be present on the Amarie's new interior map, or that they somehow didn't make it into the build that went live.

We'll get this straightened out as quickly as possible. The ships is definitely intended to have access to these, and more. Pretty much whatever is on the Tuffli interior.
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
  • vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,520 Arc User
    Wow, love the interior.

Hope I have better luck gettin one than the last promo :D
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    That's a pretty cool looking interior, but if I want a ship like this for convenience, nothing beats my good old S.C.S., where I don't have to run down any halls to get from one console to another.
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • johnnyray14#4257 johnnyray14 Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    Would be really awesome if it was a full-service Ship Selector instead of just a small-craft selector.
    Would be really awesome if it was a full-service Ship Selector instead of just a small-craft selector.

Well. You gotta have SOME reason to visit a Starbase...

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.

Tuffli had one, though. Just sayin'.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
    edited May 2017
    meimeitoo wrote: »

Tuffli had one, though. Just sayin'.

So does the SCS. However, those are lightly armed freighters, not proper warships. My guess is that to prevent a ship from being a jack of all trades, they take some stuff away while adding others. Of course, no ship will ever be a top end, no-need-to-go-to-ESD/FC/NR ship because none have ship requisitions or a tailor.

That said, I do want a full-fledged ship selector.

Things I want in STO:

• ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    The Ferengi ships have Bank, Exchange, Mail, Trader, no Ship Selector or Commodity NPC. Also, they have a Dabo Table.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • neos472neos472 Member Posts: 580 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    The Ferengi ships have Bank, Exchange, Mail, Trader, no Ship Selector or Commodity NPC. Also, they have a Dabo Table.

which is why i am happy to have an account unlocked Nandi it is always worthwhile to have one on standby for ones shopping and profit making needs
    manipulator of time and long time space traveler
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    neos472 wrote: »

which is why i am happy to have an account unlocked Nandi it is always worthwhile to have one on standby for ones shopping and profit making needs

Agreed. When any of my new toons reaches lvl 40 they immediately get and keep their Nandis. Some of them even fly them for awhile.

I think the Nandi is my favorite ship for my toons who don't have a Tuffli. And out of about 14, only three have Tufflis, the rest get Nandis for emergency service ships.

The reason I like the Nandi over the Tuffli is that it can also be used as a warship and the Tuffli is a freighter. Good for emergency services and some RP time.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
    *grumbles about his Ferengi Privateer not having access to a Nandi*

Things I want in STO:

This made me laugh. I apologize.

I also despise the Ferengi, even though I like that ship. Ferengi for the most part as a species is not very likable.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User

if it makes you feel better, I know your pain, I'm missing only two event ships the Samsar and the Nandi, and I have the command 3 pack for my kdf characters.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
    I'm only missing some Breen ships through my own reluctance to try that slip-sliding race. But now that I know I can do it, I'll be collecting the ones that are offered from now on.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Anytime any of my Characters move to the Marauder, they tend to stay longer than I usually intend because I just love being able to go to the Bridge anytime to do Exchange and Banking. The Trader was a godsend to help level up Trade CXP. I just got off that ship on one of my Characters at the start of the Mirror Incursion.

Two of my other Characters have one Tuffli and a SCS. I love those for Commodity Purchases for other Characters.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    echatty wrote: »

I also despise the Ferengi, even though I like that ship. Ferengi for the most part as a species is not very likable.

One good thing about Ferengi is that, as a racial trait, they get a discount on EC purchases from commodity stores.
    Anytime any of my Characters move to the Marauder, they tend to stay longer than I usually intend because I just love being able to go to the Bridge anytime to do Exchange and Banking. The Trader was a godsend to help level up Trade CXP. I just got off that ship on one of my Characters at the start of the Mirror Incursion.

Two of my other Characters have one Tuffli and a SCS. I love those for Commodity Purchases for other Characters.

Tell me about it. I've always loved the design of the D'kora, and having those extras definitely helps.

What also helps is that, when properly equipped, a D'kora is an absolute beast in combat.

So yeah, when I get a T5 ship pack from the Infinity Lockbox, I get a D'kora nine times out if ten.

Things I want in STO:

edited May 2017

One good thing about Ferengi is that, as a racial trait, they get a discount on EC purchases from commodity stores.

I don't buy commodities from commodity stores. I buy them from my vendor on my Tuffli and shunt them to whoever needs them. Or I use my replicator. More expensive, yes, but I don't buy that many at a time, or I already have some from loot critters when I'm playing in DSEs.

But I will admit that I slot that Ferengi DOFF that awards GPL for kills.
    Now a LTS and loving it.

*ears perk up*

Say what now?

Things I want in STO:

One Character that I slotted Somog on who was doing many many dozens of Kobali ground and Defera runs ended up making about 50k extra GPL.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User

*ears perk up*

Say what now?

sto.gamepedia.com/Somog_(FED)
    sto.gamepedia.com/Somog_(KDF)

not actually but so useful... on the othe hand GPL.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • jbmonroejbmonroe Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    I thought you meant it didn't have a restroom. And I'm like "no ship on Star Trek has a restroom!"
    boldly-watched.png
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    yeah, Somog's usefulness is based on the relative usefulness of GPL, IE not much.

Also... I thought you could change ships without using the ship selector NPC now?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    edited May 2017
    yeah, Somog's usefulness is based on the relative usefulness of GPL, IE not much.

Also... I thought you could change ships without using the ship selector NPC now?

You can via the UI in space, but you still need a ship selector if you want to equip it with stuff you may have on another ship or in the bank. Or at least be in a place with available bank access.

Things I want in STO: