test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Threat per Second

neektarneektar Member Posts: 2 Arc User
edited May 2017 in The Academy
Hello Everyone!

I ask that question for an friend, who gets really desperate already.

Everytime, when he is flying an STF, he gains the most Threat and by that way of cause the most DMG In. That so ridiculous high, that he makes mostly more than 50% of the DmgIn of the whole Group. One result is, that he dies 2 times or more often and his DPS is dropping hard by that.

Here is my question, do you guys have an idea, what he can do against that?

He has an female Romulan Alien FED. In an T6 Tac Scimi. All Disruptor Weapons. Mix of Coals, with Terran and others.

DPS wise we are post nerf at for him, without death possibly, 70k - 80k. I am able to do 80k - 90k DPS.

He already reskilled, that he didnt gain Threat by Threatening Stance or something else. He also didnt fly any Embassy Console anymore. He also tried diffrent Ships and diffrent Chars with the same result, even when that Char wasnt high in DPS. One thought of us, was that his Account has an bug or something. We both are clueless. I might forgot some points, but please shot out your suggestions, please.

Thanks in advance.

greetz
@neektar
Post edited by neektar on

Comments

• admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    Has he tried the -threat consoles? Some of them might work. Without seeing what his dmg output is, sounds to me that he is out dpsing the team. This will cause the NPC's to target him over ever one else.
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
  • seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    Thing is if he really does 50% of the team's DPS he will get hammered, no way around that.
    If the second place slots all the +Threat stuff he can, uses startegist spec and toggles threatening stance on he might have a chance to become the main target. But the issue remains that all the threat related stuff is percentual and even a lot of percent of almost nothing is still barely anything.

Otherwise there's really nothing your buddy can do except to stop pugging and play with people in his league.
  • giliongilion Member Posts: 686 Arc User
    If he's doing that much dmg compared to the rest of his team then there's not much he could do, I doubt any amount of -Threat consoles would help. His only two options would be to either accept that he's going to die from agro, or start thinking defensively. Either slotting more heals, flying away, or changing up consoles.