test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The biggest Issue that is Killing this Game.

It's some serious TRIBBLE you can't be a female Gorn.

Comments

• Options
    bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    While I agree it is stupid, and annoying, it is hardly killing the game.​​
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • Options
    bernatkbernatk Member Posts: 1,089 Bug Hunter
    azrael605 wrote: »
    Since reptiles don't have mammaries how do you know you can't play a female Gorn?

Saurians beg to differ. Voth beg to differ. Whateva... as Morpheus said: free your mind. We are talking about Star Trek. A multi-verse, not some lowly earthly life.
    Tck7dQ2.jpg
    Dahar Master Mary Sue                                               Fleet Admiral Bloody Mary
  • Options
    homerlawshomerlaws Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Your taking an obvious troll thread way too seriously bernatk.

I mean it isn't really trolling, it's just joking around. It's just something annoying to me, I'd be playing KDF as a lizard girl if I could but it's just a minor annoyance. They don't have to actually do anything with a new model, just let you tick that checkbox.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    You know... in nature, the larger reptiles are typically the females. So... you know all those BIG, burly Gorn that look like they eat Klingons for breakfast we see running around? There's your female Gorn. ;)
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    olddad78#2157 olddad78 Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    Lets just be 100% honest.... Whats killing this game is the endless bugs/glitches that are in more abundance than whatever new is coming out! What i mean by that is this.... For example now Reckoning is out, thats awesome right!!??? Except all the sudden i now cant see any weapon being fired from my ship? Uggg.... There are NO graphics showing my Beams, an Torps being fired at all!!!! Although.... After i select to fire them a few secs later the enemy ship blows up... I guess i just have to use my imagination of what my weapons looked like traveling to enemy ship.... That very type issue is both what kills this game and at sametime the only thing that kept it afloat... If you use your imagination you can pretend the bugs arent there, the graphics are amazing, and the game is awesome.... Hence why people without imagination thanks this game blows.....
  • Options
    olddad78#2157 olddad78 Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    > @homerlaws said:
    > It's some serious **** you can't be a female Gorn.

Well how do u know there are such things as female Gorn? Maybe the Gorn arent just a big dumb lizard. Maybe they have figured out a way to mate/create/and live an amzaing trouble free life without no fear of someday losing half there life earnings in lizard court.... Just to have there ex lizard wife buy a home 4 doors down from them...

Ever think of that did ya?
  • Options
    Olddad78 you have some serious issues re: women
  • Options
    hanover2hanover2 Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    Lizards Going Their Own Way! Return of the Lizard Kings!
  • Options
    qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    Maps in the game do not support the sheer size of female Gorn. They are enormous, think T-Rex, just bigger and more terrifying. B)
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    And reptiles don't have mammaries cuz they're cold-blooded. So perhaps those giant Gorn wandering around First City are the females you're looking for. As has already been pointed out. *Amused*
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    Listen: being the giant (10ft+) Gorn would be the coolest. Like that would be a really nice change from the ppl in makeup look most aliens have.
  • Options
    homerlaws wrote: »

I mean it isn't really trolling, it's just joking around. It's just something annoying to me, I'd be playing KDF as a lizard girl if I could but it's just a minor annoyance. They don't have to actually do anything with a new model, just let you tick that checkbox.

Yeah I wish they would just let us create a regular Gorn but have it say female on it.​​
    signature.png
  • Options
    arliekkosarliekkos Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    Here's your female xorn. Oh wait...you said GORN. Nevermind. Nothing to see here. Move along.

jitske_xorn_big.jpg
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    It's some serious **** you can't be a female Gorn.

simple answer is some reptilian like frogs and some lizards have no male or female they can also reproduce without mating and usually those species tend to look very much alike as they dont need large sizes , bright colors pr plummage to attract mates because it is not necassary.

The gorn could be be considered like that they dont have a female since it is not needed for them to reproduce, also there was never any female gorn seen on screen nor referenced in the tv shows afaik.
  • Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User
    I feel Gorn are asexual, like Nameks from Dragon Ball.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    I feel Gorn are asexual, like Nameks from Dragon Ball.

Bingo 100% this ^^^

+100 Interwebz
  • Options
    xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
    Going by the "big slow ones are female" theory, this would quickly become "the biggest issue killing the game" - they don't fit through all doors...
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    qjunior wrote: »
    Maps in the game do not support the sheer size of female Gorn. They are enormous, think T-Rex, just bigger and more terrifying. B)
    But do they have frickin laser beams on their heads? :o
  • Options
    david#5676 david Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    The last thing we need is to see a bunch of Gorn running around in crop tops and mini skirts.
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User

Troll? He's talking about Gorn! How can you confuse the two, Trolls aren't even reptiles. (Or are you playing some bizarre D&D offshoot or fantasy heartbreaker where they are?)
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    unclegoldieunclegoldie Member Posts: 263 Arc User
    I could've sworn I saw one of my crew members with a copy of "The Lusty Argornian Maid" in his back pocket, but I may have been mistaken.
    Epohh Vindaloo and beer milkshakes for everyone
    jH7LGEi.jpg
  • Options
    nickodaemusnickodaemus Member Posts: 711 Arc User
    It's a fallacy that all reptilians are cold blooded.
  • Options
    gawainviiigawainviii Member Posts: 328 Arc User
    arliekkos wrote: »
    Here's your female xorn. Oh wait...you said GORN. Nevermind. Nothing to see here. Move along.
    jitske_xorn_big.jpg
    Somebody has been playing 1st edition AD&D recently. LOL
    newstosiggy.png
  • Options
    asuran14asuran14 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    I would be fine with the idea of Gorn having other methods of detailing a male and female from each other. Just having it be determined by merely which has mammaries is quite limited. Yet you could give female Gorn a different set of horn, frills, or other features that could distinguish them from the males.
  • Options
    I would just be happy with exactly the same model for female lizards, and just having the ability to have it say female instead of male on the character info screen.​​
    signature.png
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User

simple answer is some reptilian like frogs and some lizards have no male or female they can also reproduce without mating and usually those species tend to look very much alike as they dont need large sizes , bright colors pr plummage to attract mates because it is not necassary.

The gorn could be be considered like that they dont have a female since it is not needed for them to reproduce, also there was never any female gorn seen on screen nor referenced in the tv shows afaik.

Didn't stop them from making female Saurian, Pakled, Tellarite, and Remans...yet never bothered to make a single female for any of the KDF races that didn't show females on the show.

I for one would really like to see female Nausicaan!
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Shouldn't this be in Ten Forward or some other Forum?
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    lianthelia wrote: »

Didn't stop them from making female Saurian, Pakled, Tellarite, and Remans...yet never bothered to make a single female for any of the KDF races that didn't show females on the show.

I for one would really like to see female Nausicaan!

well. if they did that people could think they want people to make kdf character and we can't have that.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.