test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Top Three System Down

The Foundry seems to be back...editor, reviews, and all...save for the Top Three system. Does anyone have any info as to when this will return?
Post edited by theyredeadjim on

Comments

• duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    Yeah, this is down (which is rather worrying since this is how a lot of Foundry missions are discovered.) I threw the call out on twitter, hopefully it's brought back online soon.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • captainhunter1captainhunter1 Member Posts: 1,626 Arc User
    Well darn, it's still down after the patch today.

Shame too, we finally get a new Spotlight which is doing very well play-wise, which would have brought a lot of added attention to all the other AEI missions at the Archer System. :'(
    Indeed, I did reach Kael about it and he'd said he'd ask about what's going on. Hopefully the top three system will be back up and running soon. :(
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
    Note for theyredeadjim, could you put "top three system down" as the title of this thread? We want to make sure the devs notice that there's an issue with the system (just in case Kael didn't get through to people), ATM could assume this is just a discussion thread. :)
  • theyredeadjimtheyredeadjim Member Posts: 243 Arc User
    Done :)
    Looks like it is still down after todays patch. :(
    edited May 2017
    Still no word as far as I know, I'll be sure to tune into tomorrow's community stream to see @ambassadorkael#6946 's notebook has turned up anything (getting a little worried at this point, starting to think that the system might have been purposefully taken down for internal dev reasons that they're not (yet) willing to talk about. Low probability I'd say, but word on a bug is usually easier to come by.)
    edited June 2017
    Update: mentioned it on today's stream chat, no response from Kael. It's possible might be reasons why there's no word on the Foundry top three system. It might take a talk from Zero to find out what's happened (this is starting to feel like the Foundry rewards system going away...)

Scratch that, got word. He'll look into it, hopefully it's just downtime aftershock.
    Post edited by duncanidaho11 on
    Update: mentioned it on today's stream chat, no response from Kael. It's possible might be reasons why there's no word on the Foundry top three system. It might take a talk from Zero to find out what's happened (this is starting to feel like the Foundry rewards system going away...)

Scratch that, got word. He'll look into it, hopefully it's just downtime aftershock.

That's good news. Thanks for following this up Duncan.

The Top Three is critically important, because with the terrible Foundry UI in place (see sig), it is the ONLY way people can find and play different missions other than what has stagnated into cement on the lists. :(

edited June 2017

That's good news. Thanks for following this up Duncan.

The Top Three is critically important, because with the terrible Foundry UI in place (see sig), it is the ONLY way people can find and play different missions other than what has stagnated into cement on the lists. :(

Someone on the stream was unaware that the Foundry was online because the top three system wasn't showing up in sector block. They weren't checking the UI for missions.

My stuff is getting played thanks to trickle-down from Apex. But not having the top three system is probably authors who don't have missions in the "spotlight/top/hot" listing pretty hard right now. What top three unpacked for players is back to being buried under the difficulties of the search UI.
  • zebgodwinzebgodwin Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    Yeah, I'm relieved. I was afraid that the Foundry was going to start dying a slow death just as I started getting into it.
    Foundry Missions by @zebgodwin
    Trouble in Trimble: An illicit Reman colony is under attack by Orion pirates. Will you defend the colony or arrest its only defender?
    Paying the Price: You must protect an uncontacted pre-warp civilization from Orion slavers, without violating the Prime Directive.
    The Mirror of Infinity: To save your ship, you must convince the descendants of the crew of the long-lost USS Infinity to work with their mortal enemies - their Mirror Universe counterparts. Part of the USS Infinity Foundry Roundtable Challenge.
    The Tholian Tempest: A rescue mission on a Y-class world leaves the away team stranded inside a Shakespeare play while under attack by Tholians and Gorn.
    The Trafalgar Paradox: A mission to locate a missing Starfleet vessel leads the away team into a mind-bending temporal paradox.
  • theyredeadjimtheyredeadjim Member Posts: 243 Arc User
    Woo Hoo!!!! It's baack :)