test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Anyone ever have issues updating threads in the forum?

unotetsuunotetsu Member Posts: 660 Arc User
I have tried several times to update my giveaways thread and getting "awaiting moderation: every time i either try to post a comment at the bottom of the thread or when i go to update the first post in that thread.
I must warn you, I am quite Isane! I am Grand Duchess of the Abh Empire: Beneej Letopanyu Spoor!

Comments

• baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,303 Community Moderator
    There are a few forum things that I've noticed have "broken" recently. I'll let them know about this issue as well.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • unotetsuunotetsu Member Posts: 660 Arc User
    There are a few forum things that I've noticed have "broken" recently. I'll let them know about this issue as well.

FYI I PMed you the specifics of my issues, thanks for looking into it!
    I must warn you, I am quite Isane! I am Grand Duchess of the Abh Empire: Beneej Letopanyu Spoor!
  • ightenighten Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    biggest issue is the forum doesnt seem to know which threads posts you have read - annoying
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    It's never done that, afaik.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Yeah, for some Threads I see the new posts number, for others not.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    I am going to try to create new giveaways thread since I cannot update the current one
    edited May 2017
    Well darn it..... tried to create a new giveaway thread.....

Your discussion will appear after it is approved.
    Back to the discussions list.

GRRRRRRR :s
    I discovered what is wrong! When you go to post a URL it is filtering them out I had to add a space between ( "www" and the dot) and ( dot and the "com" )

The forum masters put in some sort of URL filtering / moderation control thing on it.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    today I had a thread get eaten, apparently due to a link, but the forum didn't decide the link was bad until after I'd edited the post... O_o'
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    I've had my posts get deleted when I try to edit them, but that bug seems to have been fixed as it hasn't happened to me in a while.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,386 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    nikephorus wrote: »
    I've had my posts get deleted when I try to edit them, but that bug seems to have been fixed as it hasn't happened to me in a while.
    It's definitely not fixed. Got it happening yesterday. But I never got it on the first edit.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
    Never had the Forum eat any post, ever, edited or not.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    nikephorus wrote: »
    It's definitely not fixed. Got it happening yesterday. But I never got it on the first edit.

Well in retrospect I haven't edited many posts in a while either so it is possible that the bug still exists.
    Tza0PEl.png
    ltminns wrote: »
    Yeah, for some Threads I see the new posts number, for others not.

but you cant click on that number to get to the latest post - best you can do is click on the last page and hope or read the whole thing again

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    In that case I generally go to the last post and scroll up the number and work down from there.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    ltminns wrote: »
    In that case I generally go to the last post and scroll up the number and work down from there.

I know - but this has to be the only forum on the planet where you have to do that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yep, most others, I believe including STOs before the switch to Vanilla, would drop you at the last post read.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns