test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Interview with Kipleigh Brown, the voice of Kuumaarke!

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
Ambassador Kael sits down with Kipleigh Brown, the voice of Kuumaarke, as they discuss her Star Trek heavy career, and what it's like voicing a character in Star Trek Online.

Full details here:
https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10504213

Comments

• ncc1701z5ncc1701z5 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    Wasn’t Kuumaarke's first episode sunrise (the first episode of season 11/the temporal arc)? I know she was in that episode but was she voiced by someone else at that time?
    "Saving the galaxy's our business"

Admiral Wilkens: "I bend our rules so folks don't have to live in fear strictly obeying someone else's".

• walligigwalligig Member Posts: 308 Arc User
    ncc1701z5 wrote: »
    Wasn’t Kuumaarke's first episode sunrise (the first episode of season 11/the temporal arc)? I know she was in that episode but was she voiced by someone else at that time?

No, she meant Sunrise. The episode she was describing sounded like Sunrise. She probably just got the episode names mixed up.

sstosig2.png
  • azyurionazyurion Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    Interview with Kipleigh Brown, the voice of Kuumaarke! - Ambassador Kael

A fun interview! It's great to meet the voice of Kuumaarke. I was impressed to learn that Kipleigh Brown is also a "Trek Fan" (smart to avoid the whole silly "Trekkie vs Trekker" nonsense) and an ST : ENT alumni ! The more voices STO can find to give life to characters the better, but, when Cryptic finds us a kindred soul to the community like Ms. Brown it's a real joy. Welcome to the STO Community, Kipleigh!
  • corelogikcorelogik Member Posts: 1,039 Arc User
    Love Kuumarke! One of the best voices in STO outside the traditional, "normal" cast members,... Keep it up!
    "Go play with your DPS in the corner, I don't care how big it is." ~ Me
    "There... are... four... lights!" ~Jean Luc Picard
  • jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    Hearing Kuumaarke shout "I'm far from defenseless, Kentari!" was my favorite little tidbit too. It gave me feelings. In places.
  • kurgis1kurgis1 Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    Have to agree - to me one of the best VA's you've had so far. The inflection in her characters voice, the curioisty etc all come over clearly and totally tied in with the writing.

Great job.
  • jstewart55jstewart55 Member Posts: 412 Arc User
    I freakin' love Kuumarke. She reminds me of what (I imagine) most of us were like at the beginning of the game: super-curious and excited about what lay ahead. Plus, that accent ...
  • lance1967lance1967 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    Have you noticed how much the blonde female human on the new wallpaper sorta looks like Kipleigh in the first picture of the article? ...If she wasn't bleached out by the camera (tanned up), her hair put up in a pony tail, and she posed like the wallpaper? The eyes/eyebrows and facial structure seem very similar. It's like she's standing there fighting alongside her Kuumaarke character.
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    Any chance of Lieutenant Barbara Smith making an appearance in a future episode?

Perhaps with Captain Kuumarke working along Lt. Smith on Deep Space K-13, or the ship she was possibly assigned to in the 23rd Century (perhaps an experimental upgrade to the Pioneer-class, nudge, nudge, wink, wink) was shunted to the 25th Century on it's maiden voyage to be encountered by our intrepid Doctor/Administrator/Captain, how meta would that be?
  • ightenighten Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    This was a nice interview (she plays and inflects a great character to life) - but then again (and no offence) if the quality is to be based on the last effort of interviewing a cosplay its hard to judge relatively. Lets try to keep some level please.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • allyoftheforceallyoftheforce Member Posts: 735 Arc User
    Nice to see a fan in there. But I am still a pessimist, why spend the money on voice acting when it can be spent on content and fixing the game?