test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] Marks Weekend!

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
This weekend, Captains on PC can earn bonus marks just by playing content in game!

Full details here:
https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10502973

Comments

• ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    Again, with the '... this bonus is available for all content that rewards Marks.' This bonus is not available for certain content. You may want to list what it does not apply to.
    Post edited by ltminns on
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    Here's hoping I can get the rest of the marks I need for the Competitive Rep over this weekend. If not, at least I'll have the Mirror event to finish them up.

Competitive queues are pretty much dead during my playtime so my mark earning has been crippled over the last week. I honestly hope they aren't dying as I find Binary Circuit to be a very fun mission. But I can't sit and wait for 30+ minutes for one to pop, I have other things to do.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • condorman25condorman25 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Just ran a tholian red alert only got 10% bonus marks not 50% like it said you would.
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    Just ran a tholian red alert only got 10% bonus marks not 50% like it said you would.

you don't get a bonus on the daily bonus marks.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Not seeing the any bonus in the Mirror event either. Last time you could usually get around 60-ish marks for it without any kind of bonus. I just pulled 61 out of a Mirror run, supposedly with the bonus.

So either there is no bonus active yet, there is no bonus for Competitive marks (which is what I chose), or the Mirror mark amount has been nerfed.

• condorman25condorman25 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    It said bonus from anything that awards marks.
    yeah i thought the mirror marks were low as well.

there's lots of things that are excluded in all of these type of weekends.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

It said bonus from anything that awards marks.

Yeah, they say that, but there are some things that don't ever get a bonus.

Like the daily mark bonus package. Also the marks you get from getting to Tier 5 in a Reputation do not get a bonus either. Not sure on marks you get from DOff missions, though I'd be willing to bet those do get the bonus.

Okay, I ran a Binary Circuit to test out a theory I have and it seems to be correct. The Bonus Marks weekend is NOT boosting Competitive marks.

At all.

I got 64 marks for getting to the Boss Stage but finishing second in Binary Circuit, that is the normal payout. If the Bonus Marks were being applied, it would have been 96 marks.

Next I ran a Crystalline Entity and the Nukara marks got the bonus. I received 112 Nukara marks, normally on Advanced it's is 75. So add an additional 50% to that (rounding down) and you get 112 marks.

So in my limited testing, it's easy to see that Competitive marks clearly are not getting the bonus that the other mark categories ARE getting.

Is there any chance this can be fixed before the weekend is over?

• johnnyray14#4257 johnnyray14 Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    Oh I get it, the event "rewards Marks", not "awards Marks". So apparently only people named Mark are getting the 50% bonus.
  • johnnyray14#4257 johnnyray14 Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    iamynaught wrote: »
    Not sure on marks you get from DOff missions, though I'd be willing to bet those do get the bonus.

Yes, marks from DOff missions do get the 50% bonus. You also get the bonus from selling Epohh elders on New Romulus.

Any word on the missing Competitive Marks bonus? I guess it's probably not possible to fix that without a patch, bummer. I'm happy to see them included in Marks packages though.
    Okay, seriously? Still no fix, or even an acknowledgement, that the Competitive Marks are not getting the bonus from the Bonus Mark Weekend?

Oh well, I guess I'll just muddle thru and get the marks however I can. I'm sorely tempted to just wait until the Summer event starts up and just trade in birds and monkeys for the Comp marks.

Day 4 of no bonus being applied to Competitive marks. And apparently even acknowledging the problem is not going to happen.

Well, as is no surprise, no bonus to Competitive marks yet again today. Thanks for the No Bonus to Competitive Mark weekend. Next time, either say some marks won't get the bonus or actually fix it so they all do. When your own blog says...

that sounds like ALL marks should get the bonus to me.

I was really looking forward to getting enough marks over the weekend to finish the Competitive rep on some alts. As it is, I STILL don't have enough. And what made matters worse is that no one seems to want to run the Competitive queues anymore, likely due to the Mirror Invasion.

Meh, whatever. Bring on the Summer event, I'll just trade in monkeys and birds for Comp marks. At least that will be reliable.

Review my first post that was right after the OP. Same thing I pointed out the last Bonus Marks Weekend. No change to the announcement after that for this announcement to prevent the confusion (again).
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    edited May 2017
    Yeah, I know. But if we don't speak up, this lack of communication will continue and newer players won't know what players who have been around longer do. Or at least what we've come to expect.

Besides, it really did tick me off that I got no response about this in any way, shape or form. A simple "Oh yeah, Competitive Marks won't get the boost" would have sufficed. I would have shut up and that would have been that. I may not have been happy about it, but at least I wouldn't have held out hope it was a bug until Saturday. After that, I was just speaking up and trying to get the issue some attention.

At least I kept it mostly civil.

on this one it seems to me it was just a mistake of failing to add the new marks to the list. and there was no way to fix it over the weekend. it's unfortunate as I would have ground out the competitive marks for all my characters but I'm willing to give them a pass on this.

It was reported on Thursday, they could have had an emergency patch on Friday to fix Competitive Marks.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns