test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Just gonna leave this here....

Once, I was simply called Mojo. Now, I'm forced into a new name, but don't be fooled, I'm the original STO Mojo!

This game needs detailed crafting, exploration and interaction systems.

Comments

• captainperkinscaptainperkins Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    YAAAAASSSSS Cryptic give us this interior and refit Connie ! :D (the current connie refit needs an update like miranda)
  • kurumimorishitakurumimorishita Member Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    YAAAAASSSSS Cryptic give us this interior and refit Connie ! :D (the current connie refit needs an update like miranda)

Perhaps he is already working on it? *^_^*
    "We might get pretty singed at that range, but not as singed as they're going to get. Engage."
    - Captain Six of Nine aka Ashley "Don't Call Me Ash" Campbell
    q4F10XV.jpg
    ALWAYS OUTNUMBERED, NEVER OUTGUNNED
  • ightenighten Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    mmmmmmmmmmmm
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,296 Community Moderator
    OH WOW!
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    hell yes I want that! :D
  • blitzy4blitzy4 Member Posts: 839 Arc User
    Can I have a Connie first please?
    jKixCmJ.jpg
    "..and like children playing after sunset, we were surrounded by darkness." -Ruri Hoshino

• ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,449 Arc User
    Beautiful work!
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • darakossdarakoss Member Posts: 850 Arc User
    My friends...we have come home.
    i-dont-always-funny-meme.jpg
    original join date 2010

Member: Team Trekyards. Visit Trekyards today!
  • minidariminidari Member Posts: 125 Arc User

If we dont get this ingame ... i'm gonna quit ... :D

Seriously, it's very beautiful
  • tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    So. . . there are no plans to add this in game or any of that, but the guy who did that, Donny Versiga, has worked here, on STO, for the past year+. He is responsible for the recent New Kentar City map, as well as the rebuilt T1 Miranda.

He does great work, and you'll see more of it in the future.
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    Donny mentioned during a recent stream that he does simply like modeling sci-fi content.

Here's his Tantine IV (Leia's corvette) from Star Wars
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3cR1fBuQt0

And the Death Star control room
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdB0REExSa0

Great stuff, but do keep context in mind when posting from a dev's personal channels. :)
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • cidstormcidstorm Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    Donny is incredible. All sorts of fun implications are coming up with the new Miranda model starting as an environmental set piece.
  • ktyrrellktyrrell Member Posts: 261 Arc User
    looks nice, but considering how stos bridges are build, we will never get something resembling that...
  • darakossdarakoss Member Posts: 850 Arc User
    tacofangs wrote: »
    So. . . there are no plans to add this in game or any of that, but the guy who did that, Donny Versiga, has worked here, on STO, for the past year+. He is responsible for the recent New Kentar City map, as well as the rebuilt T1 Miranda.

Then change plans...this is money in the bank.
    i-dont-always-funny-meme.jpg
    original join date 2010

Member: Team Trekyards. Visit Trekyards today!
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    darakoss wrote: »

Then change plans...this is money in the bank.

It's also Unreal engine 4. ;)
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • unclegoldieunclegoldie Member Posts: 263 Arc User

As Mr. Spock is fond of saying: "There are always possibilities." It just so happens that we're approaching the 40 -year anniversary of ST:TMP, so I'd be willing to bet that we'll be seeing an update to the Connie Refit by December 2019 at the latest.
    Epohh Vindaloo and beer milkshakes for everyone
    jH7LGEi.jpg

Taco, thanks for complimenting him and I didn't know he was associated with our game!!!! ..... SOOOOOOOOOOO~ Since he has complete models just laying around why not retro-con them in to STO? Bug your bosses for a tribute to Wrath of Khan by getting Thomas and Donny on the Enterprise A Refit, and give us a Mutara nebula battle map and maybe a Time Travel Story where we end up on the Enterprise A during the Wrath of Khan battle maybe helping to prevent sabotage from temporal agents.

You know my ideas are amazing, and free! :P

https://youtu.be/iHWc2gWfPww

Taco, thanks for complimenting him and I didn't know he was associated with our game!!!! ..... SOOOOOOOOOOO~ Since he has complete models just laying around why not retro-con them in to STO? Bug your bosses for a tribute to Wrath of Khan by getting Thomas and Donny on the Enterprise A Refit, and give us a Mutara nebula battle map and maybe a Time Travel Story where we end up on the Enterprise A during the Wrath of Khan battle maybe helping to prevent sabotage from temporal agents.

Love the idea except for one minor inaccuracy that I feel needs to be addressed. The ship that fought the Reliant in the Mutara Nebula was not the Enterprise-A but the original "No bloody A, B, C, or D" refitted Enterprise which Kirk blows up after "rescuing" Spock from the planet that Khan created by blowing up the Reliant. After that Kirk and gang go off to "save the whales" (and get demoted) whereby he is given the Enterprise-A which he summarily breaks within minutes of leaving Spacedock and ends up having an ego contest with "God" shortly thereafter.
    jH7LGEi.jpg
  • hanover2hanover2 Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    Hey, now. Throw Kruge a little credit, there.

SAY THE WRONG THING!!

edited May 2017
    hanover2 wrote: »
    Hey, now. Throw Kruge a little credit, there.

SAY THE WRONG THING!!

True. If Kirk had been smart, he would have kept Kruge alive since it would have been much easier to get a Taxi to get back to Earth after blowing up the ship.
    jH7LGEi.jpg
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    So. . . there are no plans to add this in game or any of that
    you make me a very sad panda :'(
    but the guy who did that, Donny Versiga, has worked here, on STO, for the past year+. He is responsible for the recent New Kentar City map, as well as the rebuilt T1 Miranda.

well cool!

I still want my TWoK era interior for $10 in the zen store tho
  • tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer

Sorry, doesn't work like that.

While Donny made those assets and showed them off in a game engine, they are nowhere near game ready assets. They were built to showcase the Interior with no care paid to efficiency or how they'd perform in an actual game. There is no "just throw it in the game."

Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    "Better to submit ideas on how to make visiting interiors meaningful."

Pretty much this, right here...
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,296 Community Moderator
    Well, I had no idea he was involved with STO in any way, I just thought his work was beautiful.

I hope to see some more of his work, but in the game!

I believe he did the ground environments for "Of Signs and Portents" and "Mirrors and Smoke" as well as the recent Miranda update.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch

While Donny made those assets and showed them off in a game engine, they are nowhere near game ready assets. They were built to showcase the Interior with no care paid to efficiency or how they'd perform in an actual game. There is no "just throw it in the game."

Hehehe I figured it's not so simple! But I have my wallet ready for some movie era interiors and a redeux on the Connie Refit, I think it'll be popular with all Excelsior, Stargazer, Ambassador class and of course AoY users.

Loving the work you guys are doing.

• meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User

Said interior doesn't need to be efficient; it just needs to be. :) Please, make it so! I'd pay good money for interiors like that, I can assure you.
    3lsZz0w.jpg