test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Season 13] Official Feedback Thread on the Queues, New UI, and PPS

Comments

• meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    P.S.: The new ground map is awsome Cryptic. My compliment to those who designed it.

There's a new ground map?! :) I don't do ground, really, but it might be fun checking out.

3lsZz0w.jpg
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    P.S.: The new ground map is awsome Cryptic. My compliment to those who designed it.

There's a new ground map?! :) I don't do ground, really, but it might be fun checking out.

Well yea Binary Circuit. First one in a long time which manages to make me applaud my team for winning and cursing my team mates for loosing. In short it is exciting.

The outcome in a full pug is lottery of course but if u have the fortune to go in with fleet/friends (or TSC/DPS Metals) and coordinate just a lil I think you are in for a good time ma’am. :)
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Probably speaking of 'Binary Circuit'.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns

Well yea Binary Circuit. First one in a long time which manages to make me applaud my team for winning and cursing my team mates for loosing. In short it is exciting.

The outcome in a full pug is lottery of course but if u have the fortune to go in with fleet/friends (or TSC/DPS Metals) and coordinate just a lil I think you are in for a good time ma’am. :)

Cool, thx. :) Whilst indeed, I don't do ground per se, it's always fun when something new comes along, and I don't have to do ISA/CCA all the time.
    3lsZz0w.jpg

Cool, thx. :) Whilst indeed, I don't do ground per se, it's always fun when something new comes along, and I don't have to do ISA/CCA all the time.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Think the main problem for me at the moment is that the selection between team mode and invitation mode keeps on resetting. Also when players hop characters their old characters remain part of the queue group and need to be administrated manually.

Other than that the idea behind this new special form or instance of a player group just for the purpose of teamed PvE is very good *if* the system works. If not the pain it causes is really killing the fun as one needs to constantly double check and issue workaround.

By the great Q I REALY hope that the motivation behind the concept of the new “queue group” is to give the option for the first time in 7 years to bind FED & KDF players together to enable cross faction queue of incomplete teams.

If they get that one straight I’d salute the new system more than anything else in game!

If they were after that, it would've been much simpler and more generally useful to remove the outdated faction teaming restriction.

I'd expect the queue group thing is probably based on the PPS, based on the language of the messages you get when a queue pops. It now pulls people off the queue into a group first, before even asking to accept.
    Wow! Almost as good as the old interface was... ;)
    Good start. Still needs at least option to display the difficulty settings on separate lines.
    And remove the stipulation that you have to be in a Fleet to do a Fleet Alert.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    ltminns wrote: »
    That would require implementation of a default starbase, since non-fleet players obviously couldn't use their own starbase. But good idea anyway.
    ltminns wrote: »

Wut?! LOL. Is that true?! I've never even made the connection. I figured it was a 'Fleet Alert' in name only. But yeah, if true, it's uebersilly.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
    Years ago when they had the first Shuttle Event my KDF Characters, none of which were in Fleets at the time, could Queue for the Fleet Alert because they were not in Fleets. They ran Atmospheric Assault instead.

In later Shuttle Events, after they were in Fleets, that Queue hardly popped anyway. I do Atmospheric Assault almost exclusively on all Characters now during the Shuttle Events as the Mark payout is great (about 220 without the Daily) and being a five-player, pops quicker.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • tygerzztygerzz Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    first impressions are good, you can sort the difficulty and it stays for the most part ( if you are in the PVE tab tab on the top and you tab to PVP or create private will clear this out however), cool-down tab is easy use and tracks well, the numbers in the queue still don't track as fast as they use to ( you can test this by joining and leaving queues) but it is faster then it use to be, post UI upgrade, and the numbers in queue more accurately reflect when a queue might pop. The added "all" tab is good and the ability to sort like you use to base on difficultly or type of mission [space or ground] are now easier with the inclusion of the all tab.

all in all, good changes. I'll have to check out a few group missions to provide more accurate feedback, but the pug side of things appears to have taken a big step forward.
  • captinaverycaptinavery Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    I am just posting a Thank You to Cryptic for putting the 'Cooldown' button back into the game. I don't know if they were never going to or not, but it's just nice to have it. So wheather it was the outcry of the community or something else, too know when its time to grind again, it is something cool have in-game. Also it is now nice that the new Heavy Weapons, now deal a punch, instead of just poking a stick at an enemy.

If you feel like you'd like to leave a thank you as well, feel free. Or if you wanna complain more on the changes and whatnot, feel free too, just keep the post civil.

So again, thanks STO.
  • sykes79sykes79 Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    Agreed, really nice to have it back.
    SyD2j3q.jpg
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    Not sure thanking them for putting back what should not have been removed in the first place is warranted. The new UI should have been an improvement in nearly every way or why bother to change it in the first place? Cryptic seems to suffer from lack of foresight. Things get noticeably worse and then they slowly fix things to where it might reach a state that it's better than what was before. It just seems so unnecessary of a way to do things. Not sure if it's hard deadlines and they gotta push out whatever they have or, worse, they actually think it's an improvement. The 2nd choice is scary.
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    warpangel wrote: »
    If they were after that, it would've been much simpler and more generally useful to remove the outdated faction teaming restriction.

I'd expect the queue group thing is probably based on the PPS, based on the language of the messages you get when a queue pops. It now pulls people off the queue into a group first, before even asking to accept.

Sadly, it would seem, you are right. Fed & KDF can form queue groups after yesterday’s patch but the group leader just ends up queueing up himself instead of the group as result.

What a missed opportunity here! They put programing effort into a new system which offers close to no benefits to the one we had.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • alexvio1alexvio1 Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    tygerzz wrote: »
    all in all, good changes

Nothing really has been changed. Now with "All" section I have to spent more time to get in into CCA.
    alexvio1 wrote: »
    tygerzz wrote: »
    all in all, good changes

Nothing really has been changed. Now with "All" section I have to spent more time to get in into CCA.
    Why?
  • veeger#9876 veeger Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    As a person who regularly plays 6 characters I REALLY appreciate the return of the cooldown button. It is immensely helpful. Thanks Cryptic!
  • mephizton2092mephizton2092 Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    Thanks indeed for bringing the cooldown button back, much apreciated.
    "Reports of our depression are vastly exaggerated."
    "Anyaway, we don't often see a sense of humor in Section 31."
  • mephizton2092mephizton2092 Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    Realy liking BC, also apreciate the choice off meeting players or just racing them. Lately it doesn't fil as quick as before.
    New UI isn't perfect and all players loved it, but i adepted quick and can manouver very quickly around. You can search by mark, you see what choices of mark now really includes, its less scrolling down. Missed the cooldown button, but that has returned.
    I miss the fleet alerts though. Often a part if the dailly visit stuff for me and friends.
    New FE feels still a part of prevsious season to be honest.
    And the 1st on ground there i kinda facepalmed, when the new race has romulan shoulderpads, klingon medals and fed guard gear. But seeing the planet and the discord of the planet, you could say its mirror earth and kinda logical that they copied this :pensive: For the rest, i liked the mission and the the feeling the quest gives the palyer. Its good to unite for once instead of braveheart every new or old race encounters.
    "Reports of our depression are vastly exaggerated."
    "Anyaway, we don't often see a sense of humor in Section 31."
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    Much appreciated.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • tygerzztygerzz Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    Don't get me wrong the new UI still has a ways to go IMO, but it's hard to deny yesterday's patch helped. Now if they can fix/affix difficulty preferences or allow you to sort by more then one category it would be helpful, also the old team features ( chat and being able to see the group ahead of time) would be welcome indeed.
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    Thanks for putting it back, but I still hate the new UI.
  • tilartatilarta Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    I just don't like the new system.

My primary complaint is that I can't see the queues organized in one screen.
    Example, if I've queued for an Elite, I can't see that I am queued for the same queue in Advanced.

And today the queue was taking too long to launch, so I stopped looking at the screen.
    I heard the sound of energy weapons and looked up to find out the queue had launched without making an alert sound or asking me if I wanted to join it!

As stated in the poll, the old system was preferable, efficient, organised and told you the information you needed to know at a glance.

Bees like honey, they don't like vinegar.
    Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
  • wildeye042wildeye042 Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    PvE UI: Better but still designed for beginning/casual players playing on normal, not the end-game players who use it the most. Lists do not remember selected difficulty level of joined queues after window is closed, for example. Ground/Space filter would be nice. Sort by joined queue would be helpful as well. Still buggy: no countdown window after queue match, often no warning at all when a queue starts which is problematic if you are in multiple queues.
  • ussvaliant#6064 ussvaliant Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    Other than the cool down timer for events/marks being reinstated last patch, the UI is still only partially functional with joined queue group/left queue group still popping up in chat. Still randomly not giving accept to join map just beaming you right in.
    maR4zDV.jpg

Hello rubber banding my old friend, time to bounce around the battlezone again, where are all my bug reports going?, out of love with this game I am falling, As Cryptic fail to acknowledge a problem exists, Shakes an angry fist, And from Support all I'm hearing are the sounds of silence.