test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Game crashing a lot after patch today?

lexusk19lexusk19 Member Posts: 1,407 Arc User
So my game has crashed 3 times in the past 2 hours. There was a patch today... Anyone else getting problems?
1e3sni150tar.jpg

Comments

• Options
    lexusk19lexusk19 Member Posts: 1,407 Arc User
    Make that 4
    1e3sni150tar.jpg
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,523 Arc User
    Doing what? No crashes for me yet.
  • Options
    liberatrixliberatrix Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    Crashes come and go in STO... sometimes they are almost every time you zone, sometimes its because one character hits a bug and you can't log it back in that zone.
    STO has always had these problems... the funny thing is those that try to deny these issues exist, maybe they are the lucky few, but for most of us, crashes and disconnects are part of the norm of STO... its by far the worst trait of this game compared to other MMOs.
    In this galaxy there’s a mathematical probability of three million Earth-type planets. And in the universe, three million million galaxies like this.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    posted again
    In this galaxy there’s a mathematical probability of three million Earth-type planets. And in the universe, three million million galaxies like this.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    posted multiple times
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    Under options u find “reduced file streaming” somewhere. Should be an option on top of a list. Have you tried to set to ON? I mean I have to or the game crashes a lot during loading screens. No crashes when set to ON tho.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    discojerdiscojer Member Posts: 533 Arc User
    No crash (in fact it fixed my warp into sol crash) but strangely, the game client would not quit. I kept hearing the music and after a few minutes had to kill it with task manager
  • Options
    spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,266 Arc User
    No crashes but I keep getting DCed today, could just (and hopefully is) temporary server hick-ups but could be not.
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    No crashes for me.
  • Options
    pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,177 Arc User
    Lots of Fatel error Direct3D diver return crashes for me. Anyone else getting those?
  • Options
    pottsey5g wrote: »
    Lots of Fatel error Direct3D diver return crashes for me. Anyone else getting those?

Had plenty of those last week. Most of my disconnects the past few days have come from running Mirror Invasion, either into the event or coming out of it. Like I said... there are times when I go an entire day or three without a disconnect, and others when it happens all too frequently... its an STO thing and has been all the years I have been playing.