test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Foundry Create Content Back Online Bug

alchevsk1992alchevsk1992 Member Posts: 280 Arc User
There seems to be a bug on this one, since the 5/4/2017 patch notes say that it is temporarily unavailable. Though I am still able to do some changes to my missions but I cannot publish them as of yet. "Error during publish. Publish failed: UGC publishing is disabled" Is anyone else seeing this bug in their game?
tumblr_no772wVUH31u41vjso1_r1_1280.png

"Our history, our past, our present and our future is now forever changed. All we can do is preserve what is left and continue onwards. This is not a surrender nor defeat, we will continue the fight. This is our last hope, our last chance... for victory."

Vlasek D. Lasor - 4.19.3580

Star Trek Online: Foundry Storyline Series
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,248 Arc User
    I suspect that isn't a bug, but rather they turned editing on so you can do stuff like bug fixes and what not, but haven't turned publishing on yet, so that bugs fixes will ready to roll out once publishing is turned back on. That or editing wasn't suppose to be turned on and the mistake is there not in the code.
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    Foundry components coming on/off doesn't require a patch. It just requires that Cryptic does stuff server side. They have control over what comes back online and typically when the editor comes back after downtime publishing does too (even before reviewing does). But things might be different this time (maybe they turned on the editor early, ie. before the auto-republish was finished) or there might have been an oversight. In either case, I wouldn't worry until after reviewing comes back. If everything is good to go and we still can't publish then that's something to bring to Cryptic's attention.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • alchevsk1992alchevsk1992 Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    spiritborn wrote: »
    I suspect that isn't a bug, but rather they turned editing on so you can do stuff like bug fixes and what not, but haven't turned publishing on yet, so that bugs fixes will ready to roll out once publishing is turned back on. That or editing wasn't suppose to be turned on and the mistake is there not in the code.
    Foundry components coming on/off doesn't require a patch. It just requires that Cryptic does stuff server side. They have control over what comes back online and typically when the editor comes back after downtime publishing does too (even before reviewing does). But things might be different this time (maybe they turned on the editor early, ie. before the auto-republish was finished) or there might have been an oversight. In either case, I wouldn't worry until after reviewing comes back. If everything is good to go and we still can't publish then that's something to bring to Cryptic's attention.

well that makes sense
    tumblr_no772wVUH31u41vjso1_r1_1280.png

"Our history, our past, our present and our future is now forever changed. All we can do is preserve what is left and continue onwards. This is not a surrender nor defeat, we will continue the fight. This is our last hope, our last chance... for victory."

Vlasek D. Lasor - 4.19.3580

Star Trek Online: Foundry Storyline Series
  • theyredeadjimtheyredeadjim Member Posts: 243 Arc User
    It looks like manual publishing is back up :)
This discussion has been closed.