What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Costume Request Thread

Comments

• lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    JH20NKS.png
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
  • shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
    "NPCs can have it but you can't" is total BS. Especially when it comes to cosmetic items. All it does is annoy and upset people.
    Indeed; that sort of thing is never excusable. One annoying example is the inability to replicate the Tron-esque color schemes certain NPCs (see: Facility 4028 personnel; certain NPCs on Kobali Prime; certain photonic boffs) apply to MACO armor.
    A costume or ev suit that makes us look tholian, i dont care about the mechanics of 6 legs i want to look like a tholian
    As in, an EV suit with obvious stylistic influences from its Tholian counterpart (reference)? That's not a bad idea - indeed, it'd make most sense applied to the pair of NSF set suits. And as long as we're here, there're quite a few EV suits that'd be nice to have as costume options (just see how the TFO battledress is handled).
  • lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    In other cases, it is the other way around.

All of my characters are male, because I am male. And I have no problem wearing the Voth tail cape with any trousers (I am currently wearing it with the Jem'Hadar trousers.).

BUT none of my female bridge officers can wear that tail cape with loose-fitting trousers of any kind. I have the female Borg, the female Kobali, and a female Ferasan, but this bug likely applies to the females of all species. The only way a female officer will wear that Voth tail cape is if I were to give her skin-tight trousers, which looks hideous.
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
  • shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    Aside from Kuumarke and the pair of Starfleet officers, the S13 posters/wallpapers, also show us a new OPFOR, speculated by some to be Kentari (one plot thread in the upcoming season, as noted here, is Kuumarke's investigation of her people's past). I for one would welcome this battledress (a couple of variants are shown) becoming available, perhaps as an episode reward. Thanks to MajorDakka@reddit, we have some ingame imagery:

2axpszVApMHlImzFfTTZIbScIA0PKMNeDr3yozehC10.png?w=683&s=31197f344ecc7e77ded4c6bd03f76fe5
    (source)

It appears to be a mix of TF Omega (base uniform (shirt, pants, boots); thigh caches; collar; the now-unavailable-for-some-silly-reason (if I recall right) pauldrons) and security kit (torso and hip armor). The arm armor is new, as is the helmet (which appears similar to the MACO one, aside from the transparent faceplate) and what's under it.

As it turns out, these are in fact Kentari, and we do visit the city shown in that poster. Given conditions there, their vague resemblance to Helghast troopers (reference) is an amusing coincidence

Post edited by shadowfirefly00 on
  • themadprofessor#9835 themadprofessor Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    Given that we have just gotten the Privateer Lockbox in the game as well as new stuff in the Lobi Store, I had a thought last night.

Okay, given that, historically, privateers are not part of the military, but more like contractors similar to paramilitary organizations in modern times, it stands to reason that like traditional privateers and military contractors, they are not bound by the uniform regulations of the main military.

Now, to some extent, this already exists with cross faction uniform pieces like eyepatches and footwear, as well as actual uniforms like the mercenary outfits and Intel uniforms.

However, my thought takes that idea a bit further.

Basically, it's a cross-faction accessories pack, consisting of baseline uniform items received as soon as you start a character that are traditionally faction-specific. Things like the Odyssey belt, basic KDF shoulder pads, Romulan survivor shirts, etc. Not the entire uniform selection, mind you, but just some of the extras from all the factions.

The reasoning behind it is that, as a privateer, you would have access to and wear items that the normal military would not. It really sells the idea of the character being an outlier in their faction, with the new items being things they've obtained that are useful to the character and/or they just like the way it looks on them.

Maybe it can be a C-Store purchase or a Lobi item. Either way, I'd buy it.
    Space Barbie Extraordinaire. Got a question about Space Barbie? Just ask.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    5) True Vanity Impulse and Deflector effects similar to Vanity Shields.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
    8) Independent Faction, because yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me!
  • galactickirigalactickiri Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    The reasoning behind it is that, as a privateer, you would have access to and wear items that the normal military would not. It really sells the idea of the character being an outlier in their faction, with the new items being things they've obtained that are useful to the character and/or they just like the way it looks on them.

I've considered the prospect of a privateer/independent faction or career path for some time now. Besides ground gear and costumes, they should have access to other ships as well, such as heavy freighters, tankers, blockade runners, etc.

Sound far-fetched? Not really. Anyone that played EVE Online knows you can spend most of your time over there in transport ships, earning your credits on shipping and delivering goods and services. I think it could open up a whole new angle to the game, especially with content that would support that path.

It would be a nice devation from 'find us the next, big bad alien species to fight' in a season. Handled right, it could open social/community aspects of the game. I have at least one character on my roster that would definitely take an indy path if it became available.

edited April 2017

I've considered the prospect of a privateer/independent faction or career path for some time now. Besides ground gear and costumes, they should have access to other ships as well, such as heavy freighters, tankers, blockade runners, etc.

Sound far-fetched? Not really. Anyone that played EVE Online knows you can spend most of your time over there in transport ships, earning your credits on shipping and delivering goods and services. I think it could open up a whole new angle to the game, especially with content that would support that path.

It would be a nice devation from 'find us the next, big bad alien species to fight' in a season. Handled right, it could open social/community aspects of the game. I have at least one character on my roster that would definitely take an indy path if it became available.

Actually, I was discussing the idea of a privateer faction with a friend (he wants it to specifically be a Maquis faction, but that's too narrow of a focus). One of the ideas we had was that as a beginner, you would have access to a Miranda, a B'rel, or a T'liss, and instead of being awarded newer and better ships based on faction through the standard level rewards, you have to actually steal them. The gameplay mechanism for it is already in place, given the KDF mission to steal a Runabout, so incorporating it shouldn't be too difficult. Of course, Lockbox and Lobi ships should still be available, though I am still unsure of how to handle the faction-specific choices like the Infinity Secondary Mirrorverse ships or the 23rd Century Deradnoughts.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,789 Arc User

Actually, I was discussing the idea of a privateer faction with a friend (he wants it to specifically be a Maquis faction, but that's too narrow of a focus). One of the ideas we had was that as a beginner, you would have access to a Miranda, a B'rel, or a T'liss, and instead of being awarded newer and better ships based on faction through the standard level rewards, you have to actually steal them. The gameplay mechanism for it is already in place, given the KDF mission to steal a Runabout, so incorporating it shouldn't be too difficult. Of course, Lockbox and Lobi ships should still be available, though I am still unsure of how to handle the faction-specific choices like the Infinity Secondary Mirrorverse ships or the 23rd Century Deradnoughts.

A maquis faction would be interesting. PWE though doesn't seem to have the desire to create a separate faction though, probably because it would require some actual work on their part. The Romulan mess is so half-arsed, it really disappointed me once I was forced to choose an alliance. Whether Tal'Shiar, Maquis, Dominion, and the many others out there I personally wish were added. I don't think we will ever see a full fledged faction of any kind outside of the two we have, which they have basically merged into one.
  • shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
    what ever happened to all of the different Omega helments I have seen pictures of three versions of it
  • artemida82artemida82 Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    For a moment, consider: The Kind of Orions is logical that they run almost naked. There is no dispute about this.
    What I really meant was Starfleet Captain / Admiral Uniforms and the Romulan Empire.
    Do you really think that, from the point of view of the "spirit" of Star Trek, is it worthy for these captains / admirals to run for ESD in their swimsuits or even to do so in the captain's seats on the bridge of the starships under their command ?!
    It's dehonesting!
    AND I RECALL THE FOLLOWING FACT:
    The option of selecting and modifying the Starfleet uniform is compared to the selection and modification of the Romulan uniforms, similar to the difference between the fashion department store (Starfleet) and the small boutique with clothes that someone just robbed (the Romulan Empire).
    And that's what's really going on here.
    I hope you finally understand what I was trying to warn.
    :/
    tumblr_inline_oomvjpBt8H1qjixz5_500.gif

Writer and Author: victoriakanakaredes.webnode.cz

"On the world is only one good, and it's knowledge. And is only one evil, and that is ignorance."
    (Socrates)
    Can we get shirts with rollable sleeves for Federation like we do for Romulans? Also, a work-type vest would be nice.

Things I want in STO:

• artemida82artemida82 Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    Can we get shirts with rollable sleeves for Federation like we do for Romulans? Also, a work-type vest would be nice.

There was obviously a misunderstanding again.
    This is not about t-shirts, skirts or vests.
    This is a complete captain's uniform!
    Please look for the difference between civilian clothing and uniform!
    Thank you.
    tumblr_inline_oomvjpBt8H1qjixz5_500.gif

Writer and Author: victoriakanakaredes.webnode.cz

"On the world is only one good, and it's knowledge. And is only one evil, and that is ignorance."
    (Socrates)
    edited May 2017
    artemida82 wrote: »

Thank you.

This is the Costume Request Thread, so any type of wearable outfit counts for requests. This runs the gamut from military uniforms to civilian clothes to specific types of hats, gloves, earrings, or anything else that a character might wear.

Things I want in STO:

• bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    artemida82 wrote: »

Thank you.

This is the Costume Request Thread, so any type of wearable outfit counts for requests. This runs the gamut from military uniforms to civilian clothes to specific types of hats, gloves, earrings, or anything else that a character might wear.

Exactly, requesting ANY type of costume is what this thread is for.​​
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • neocatstarneocatstar Member Posts: 240 Arc User
    Not sure if its been requested, but what about bare paw options for uniforms, for cats?

Or cat tails for alien species?

PLus there has never been a formal jacket for the TNG era added yet.

but_tribbles_also_like_caitian_by_borgtribble.jpg

• stomacstomac Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    Here is my personal wish list of uniforms I would love to see added to the game I would
    love to here from the community if you agree or what uniforms you would like to see added.

male dress uniform
    Kirk_Spock_Dress_Uniforms-660x439.jpg

female dress uniform
    Hot-Sell-Star-Trek-Into-Darkness-STID-font-b-Starfleet-b-font-Dress-Cosplay-font-b.jpg

uss franklin uniform
    tumblr_obc8xv26X51uw2p6po1_1280.png

Christian%2BCordella%2BStar%2BTrek%2BBeyond%2BUSS%2BFranklin%2Buniform%2Bconcept%2Bart.jpg

male new kelvin uniform
    Star-Trek-Beyond-Sulu-Kirk-Jacket-Cosplay-Costume-Yellow-Shirt-Commander-Uniform-with-Free-Badge-Halloween.jpg_640x640.jpg

female new kelvin uniform
    201706201628248240474.jpg

kelvin away team uniform
    Star-Trek-Beyond-7.jpg

Star base uniform
    james%2Bkirk%2BStar%2BTrek%2Bbeyond%2Bstarfleet%2Bcommand%2Buniform.jpg

Post edited by stomac on
    ribbon.php?24u2r2z355v3p3g5o344b44434s56434i4
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,100 Arc User
    If we get another Kelvin Lockbox, I could see these making an appearance.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
    Seems like every few days I have to say this...

There is already an official thread for making costume requests.
    http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/894314/costume-request-thread/p1​​
    signature.png
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,971 Community Moderator
    TECHNICALLY we can mockup the dress uniform with the Admiral uniform that was given out..
    We just only have one rank for it. Admiral.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • stomacstomac Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    bloodyriz wrote: »

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/894314/costume-request-thread/p1​​

Thanks I thought there was thread but i could not find it Sorry my bad :
    ribbon.php?24u2r2z355v3p3g5o344b44434s56434i4
    It's all good.​​
    signature.png
  • nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    edited May 2017

Meh. Given there hasn't been so much as a "huh...." posted there by Devs in the last THREE YEARS that I bothered to scroll through, what makes you think its anything other than the place ideas go to die?
    nikeix wrote: »

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/894314/costume-request-thread/p1

Meh. Given there hasn't been so much as a "huh...." posted there by Devs in the last THREE YEARS that I bothered to scroll through, what makes you think its anything other than the place ideas go to die?

No matter if it is "the place ideas go to die" or not, it is THE place this type of request is supposed to go. If you want to go solely off of DEV interaction, this entire forum is kinda pointless then. We hardly ever see anything official here, that's all posted to reddit.​​
    signature.png
  • captkelly31#5645 captkelly31 Member Posts: 392 Arc User
    Maybe someone can post a request for new off-duty uniforms on reddit, mostly cause im not sure where it is.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/

There ya go​​
    signature.png
    I still want the Risian forehead mark available.​​
    signature.png
  • shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
    I would like correct color codes for The Wrath Of Khan uniforms and a correction to the rank insignia for Rear Admiral for The Motion Picture uniform
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,789 Arc User
    shadowkosh wrote: »
    I would like correct color codes for The Wrath Of Khan uniforms and a correction to the rank insignia for Rear Admiral for The Motion Picture uniform

Most of the TWoK ranks need to be redone. If you ever want a good example of something they weren't willing to take their time on and do them correctly. Many of the TWoK ranks are a good place to start.
  • titusofborgtitusofborg Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I am sending this as a request and possible suggestion... I would love to have the option of using the caitian tail on the alien race. I would gladly even spend Zen to unlock this option. There are a lot of people I know in game that would love to have this option as well, and are willing to pay for it. I do have the Caitian and Feresan Races unlocked but I really want to have the option to use the tail on the alien race since the new Star Trek Movie that J.J. Abrams made has a catgirl type race and I've sorta created a version of this race but require the tail to make it complete. Please, give us this option.. even if it is a Zen unlock or Phoenix Box Unlock. I would gladly spend money for it as would others, I can guarantee it.
    I am sending this as a request and possible suggestion... I would love to have the option of using the caitian tail on the alien race. I would gladly even spend Zen to unlock this option. There are a lot of people I know in game that would love to have this option as well, and are willing to pay for it. I do have the Caitian and Feresan Races unlocked but I really want to have the option to use the tail on the alien race since the new Star Trek Movie that J.J. Abrams made has a catgirl type race and I've sorta created a version of this race but require the tail to make it complete. Please, give us this option.. even if it is a Zen unlock or Phoenix Box Unlock. I would gladly spend money for it as would others, I can guarantee it.

Maybe not the Caitian and Ferasan tails specifically, as those are very specific to the races, sort of how the gigantic ears are specific to the Ferengi.

Now I could get behind a selection of different types of tails, such as canine, feline (sleek, but not tuftedlike the Caitian/Ferasan), and reptilian, with a large number of options.

Things I want in STO: