test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Could we get our chat cursor back, please?

2»

Comments

• warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    Chat Cursor was OP, needed to be nerfed like Plasma Exploders.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    Obviously I was fine with the chat cursor before and I'm struggling without it. Heck it annoys me even on the log-in screen.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Placing a cursor is a fundamental basic operation in MS Windows.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • darakossdarakoss Member Posts: 850 Arc User
    Well when they fix the cursor they will go ahead and also redo the chat UI with drop down menu tabs for channels, sorted by different areas for trade, fleet, etc., with another drop down tab that enables the cursor.
    i-dont-always-funny-meme.jpg
    original join date 2010

Member: Team Trekyards. Visit Trekyards today!
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,587 Arc User
    toiva wrote: »
    Obviously I was fine with the chat cursor before and I'm struggling without it. Heck it annoys me even on the log-in screen.

I doubt it was even removed on purpose, Probably got something to do with the ported 'console' UI, in which mouse (and thus clicking into a window to make it active) has no meaning.

As usual, and per my being baffled, it's these extremely easy fixes they never get around to, whilst they have the time and energy to revamp the whole system.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    Come on Cryptic this is a simple fix surely?!?!?!

All we want is a cursor for the chat boxes and login box back, not like we're asking you to redesign the whole dammed interface!
    SulMatuul.png
  • ihatepwe735ihatepwe735 Member Posts: 337 Arc User
    A chat cursor. Or a sound effect, or a proper highligt telling me the chat box is where my next text is going to go.

Its so frustrating starting to type and realizing that the keystrokes are activating the wrong things.
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    Frtoaster says he sees it fixed on Tribble....ugh I have to load the darn update to check it myself...no time right now. Hopefully, it gets ported over to Holodeck with the patch today. :)

Edit: OK...downloaded Tribble and the cursor is back in the text windows. BUT I see another problem with the "Discharge" text boxes. They now show up with the names filled in already. Players won't have to type in names to delete ships or BOFFs. I can see "accidental" deletions happening....I wonder if they stuck a confirmation dialog on that.
    Post edited by where2r1 on
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,587 Arc User
    where2r1 wrote: »
    Frtoaster says he sees it fixed on Tribble....ugh I have to load the darn update to check it myself...no time right now. Hopefully, it gets ported over to Holodeck with the patch today. :)

Edit: OK...downloaded Tribble and the cursor is back in the text windows. BUT I see another problem with the "Discharge" text boxes. They now show up with the names filled in already. Players won't have to type in names to delete ships or BOFFs. I can see "accidental" deletions happening....I wonder if they stuck a confirmation dialog on that.

The discharge name is always filled in already (to show you what label to use), but will disappear when you actually click inside to type.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
    The name is part of the background and has absolutely no effect on deletion. Try on Tribble and go directly to the Delete without typing into the text box. Nothing happens.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • damienvryce2damienvryce2 Member Posts: 428 Arc User
    Season 14: Return of the Cursor. Yes please.
    STO: Where men are men and the women probably are too.
    I support the Star Trek Battles channel.
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Ah, OK... I haven't deleted anything in a while. LOL!
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    IV4sqdS.gif

Thanks, Cryptic!​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • narxes081206narxes081206 Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    It's back!!!!!!!
    I've deleted a ton of ships. When I eventually get around to getting a Character ready for Admiralty, I claim every ship I own from the C-Store, Event Store, Level up Ships I never claimed, and any Ships in the Promotions Tab in the C-Store. Then quickly delete them after the Card appears. I usually save the 'U.S.S.' or whatever and paste, saving some time.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,275 Arc User
    i'd rather save a shiteload of time and have them do for ASScards what they did for cross-faction traits - make them available for claiming in the dil store (or wherever appropriate) if you own the relevant store ship

they can keep the current system for lockbox/lobi/promo ships, because you aren't going to be opening dozens of them within a short period of time on any given character​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
    Great idea.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    That would definitely be a time-saver +1 for that great idea!
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
    Finally, Team Chat is working for me again with the cursor back. Yippee!!! :)
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    Great, thanks for the cursor. I'll take good care of it, promise.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    It's back!

ty for the blinky | | | | |
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿