test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Could we get our chat cursor back, please?

iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
Finding it a little difficult to talk with my friends in-game without the blinking cursor in the chatbox to let me know it's ready for input. It's been disabled for a while, so I'm assuming it's intentional rather than a bug. So, could we have it back? That'd be really awesome.​​
ExtxpTp.jpg

Comments

• where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Second this.

Tired of jumping, opening windows, running...etc...thinking I am in the text box.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,587 Arc User
    where2r1 wrote: »
    Second this.

Tired of jumping, opening windows, running...etc...thinking I am in the text box.

I second your seconding. Cursor missing is very confusing at time. Not to mention downright annoying.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • dabelgravedabelgrave Member Posts: 979 Arc User
    I need the cursor too. I noticed the chat bar now has a yellow border when it's supposed to be active, but that only works half the time, and sometimes works when it's not active.​​
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    I use a separate Tab for Team chat. Beginning with AoY nothing I type, presumably in that chatbox, shows up in the Tab. It does seem that I will see the dialog bubble above my Character but not in the chat. That box is set to the Team 'Channel'.

This applies to all my 15 Characters.

I do not see a cursor in the chatbox.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • mneme0mneme0 Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    +1.
  • ashstorm1ashstorm1 Member Posts: 679 Arc User
    Seconded. This is even more annoying than the new queue UI.
  • lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    HELL YES to fixing this.

Nothing more annoying than trying to chat with friends/fleet or whatever and the cursor is invisible so you end up opening random windows, jumping, activating powers.

Seriously Cryptic, how hard is it to fix some of these ridiculous bugs that you guys create?!? We're not asking for a complete overhaul, just return what was lost. It's clearly something you guys changed.

Or do you just not care about having a working UI anymore? Because that's the impression I'm getting these days.
    Seriously you QA dept must be in a worse state than DS9 after the Cardassians pulled out.
    SulMatuul.png
  • bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    Agreed, I miss the cursor very much.​​
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
    lordsteve1 wrote: »
    HELL YES to fixing this.

Nothing more annoying than trying to chat with friends/fleet or whatever and the cursor is invisible so you end up opening random windows, jumping, activating powers.

Seriously Cryptic, how hard is it to fix some of these ridiculous bugs that you guys create?!? We're not asking for a complete overhaul, just return what was lost. It's clearly something you guys changed.

Or do you just not care about having a working UI anymore? Because that's the impression I'm getting these days.
    Seriously you QA dept must be in a worse state than DS9 after the Cardassians pulled out.

^^ All of this, times 2!
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • angarus1angarus1 Member Posts: 684 Arc User
    Yes please, I want the chat cursor back as well.
  • ktyrrellktyrrell Member Posts: 261 Arc User
    lordsteve1 wrote: »
    HELL YES to fixing this.

Indeed...

getting the cursor back would be a nice fix cryptic! *just saying*

• alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    +1
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • jbmonroejbmonroe Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    +1.
    boldly-watched.png
    How in the galaxy are people confused on if they have the chat box active or not when the text space changes color if it is selected or not?
    It usually changes. Sometimes it does not.​​
    dabelgrave wrote: »
    I have literally, never once, seen it not change.

I have literally, never once, seen it change.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    It usually changes. Sometimes it does not.
    When it works, the chat bar border should be white, change to blue when the mouse hovers over it, and change to yellow when you can start typing. The hover color seems to have preference over the typing color, and neither seems to work all the time. At least the chat cursor always worked.​​
    When it works, the chat bar border should be white, change to blue when the mouse hovers over it, and change to yellow when you can start typing. The hover color seems to have preference over the typing color, and neither seems to work all the time. At least the chat cursor always worked.​​

This is interesting. :) Tried it a couple of times, and it doesn't always work, it seems. But it's sure interesting to know. Thx.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    I'm totally in favor of this. I'm sick of thinking I'm typing only to realize my windows are all popping open and my character is doing back flips because the input box wasn't showing any sign of being active like it used to and I have to guess.
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User

This all depends on what HUD style you have as well. I've got mine set to the Voyager one i think and I can barely see a change in colour of the chat box outline. It is there but it's such an insignificant change as to be not there at all.

Bringing the cursor back is a much better solution that straining your eyes to see a tiny change in hue/colour of a tiny thin border. :|
    SulMatuul.png
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited May 2017

+1000
    I didn't even know it was supposed to. Maybe it only works on the Fed color scheme ?

I'de rather have the cursor back.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited May 2017

OK...the color change is very subtle on the Klingon color UI. Matter of fact, there is hardly a difference in color between cursor hoovering over the bar (slightly brighter yellow) and bar highlighted for typing (slightly dullish yellow).

So, if you left your cursor hoovering over the bar, OR if you were actually watching for the slight color change, you can not tell you are ready to type without the cursor in the box.

It would be much easier to tell I activated the text box with a cursor in the box...in case I just had left the cursor left hoovering over the box.

The other thing is: WHY DOES THE CURSOR SHOW BACK UP WHEN YOU MOVE IT OVER BY ONE SPACE in the text box???
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    Can't we hit a button like the backspace or the enter button and have it always default into the chat box?

CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    Thought it was just me as I've not seen anyone else mention it before now. I'd like to have this reverted to the way it was as well. As others have said, tired of running, jumping, and opening windows when I try to chat.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • johnnyray14#4257 johnnyray14 Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    crm14916 wrote: »
    Can't we hit a button like the backspace or the enter button and have it always default into the chat box?

CM

In theory yes, but that doesn't work consistently either.

+1 for getting the cursor back! It's sort of amusing to have the occasional attack of the "OMG I typed outside the chat window and now my character is having an exorcism and windows are popping up everywhere!" minigame, but it's annoying when you're in the middle of a timed mission.