test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Constant "Inventory Full" messages after reaching Ship Slot limit and playing The Vault mission

johnnyray14#4257 johnnyray14 Member Posts: 188 Arc User
edited July 2017 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
UPDATE 7/24/17: This was fixed with the Season 13.5 patch on 7/18!

I played The Vault with a toon that has reached the Ship Slot limit (I'm counting 61, and the C-Store won't let me buy more). I have plenty of inventory space in all categories: personal, bank, account bank, active ship slots, dry dock slots, etc. The only thing that sets this toon apart from my other toons is that Ship Slot limit.

When I reach the part of the mission where I talk to De Soto and am supposed to get a requisition for a Type 8 Shuttle (it's a Fed toon), I see an "Inventory Full" message. I see no Shuttle Requisitions at the Ship Requisition Officer, and there is no Type 8 Shuttle available. Also, every time I have rezoned since this occurrence, I see the "Inventory Full" message. I've tried logging out many times and dropping The Vault and re-doing it, but it's still happening.
Post edited by johnnyray14#4257 on

Comments

• ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Don't forget that the Shuttle counts as a Ship as well and if you have max Ship Slots full on that character you will not be able to get the Shuttle. Send a few of your ships to Drydock to make room. If you need more of them they are on sale this Weekend.

Also for future reference, though it may not be in play here, getting a Shuttle sometimes also gives you the associated Shuttle Pet. That immediately goes into your Overflow Bag. Check to see if you have stuff in there. Cryptic made a change a few months ago that prevents you from doing pretty much anything if your Overflow Bag has 50 or more items in it. There have been reported incidences of a bug where this is occurring at lesser numbers of items.

Clear your Overflow Bag if there is anything in it. Sometimes you will need to restart the client and change Zones to force the Bag to open. The command in the chatbox /lootcancel will also force it open.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • johnnyray14#4257 johnnyray14 Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    Thanks for the ideas. But I already checked that I don't have any Overflow Bag content, and I have 6 Active Ship Slots to spare, so I don't need to DryDock any more. I think the problem is that I already have the (current) maximum 61 *total* Ship Slots, and the part of The Vault that I described (conversation with De Soto) tries to add another Ship Slot to your character:
    http://sto.gamepedia.com/Ship_slot
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Yes you do get an extra slot from that Mission on first play. For the future it is probably best to run that Mission earlier in a (different) Character's leveling, before you max out ship slots. :)

The Wiki indicates that you need a Shuttle/Small Craft to run the Mission. If you have one already just skip going to the Shuttle Requisition Officer. The Wiki Walkthrough states that at that point you get the Accolade and extra Ship Slot. I'm not sure why the DeSoto conversation before that is 'spoiling the broth'. On subsequent replays, this wouldn't be a problem as they would not award an additional Ship Slot.

What if when you go to the Shuttle/Ship Requisition Officer you don't interact with any Mission dialog, but just reclaim a Shuttle/etc. you already own but don't have on the Character. Try to trick it into thinking you have moved the Mission progress along? Maybe even exiting the Mission at that point and resume? Maybe logging off at that stage and resume?

Otherwise, I'm out of ideas.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • johnnyray14#4257 johnnyray14 Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    I'm happy to report that this bug was fixed with the release of Season 13.5 in the Jul 18 patch! The first time I logged in to 13.5, I received a message about receiving an extra ship slot on each affected toon, and the "Inventory Full" message no longer appears.