test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What in the BLUE BLAZES did you all do to The Battle of Korfez elite?

Comments

• Options
    generalkertag#2364 generalkertag Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Well, a few more play-throughs and still can't progress past the first wave. This is however not a complaint - I actually LIKE the fact there is now some content that REALLY pushes players like myself and provides a nice challenge.
    pushing back and being to tough for new players with low gear, and even experienced players with decent gear are 2 different things

2j4zi3k.jpg

• Options
    e30erneste30ernest Member Posts: 1,794 Arc User
    This is supposed to be in "Elite​" difficulty though... It should be challenging for players with topend gear and skills.

IMO instead of asking to nerf this back, we should ask for "Normal" and "Advanced" versions.
  • Options
    Finally finished it with a mixed group of 75k+ players. Even got Benthans. It's tough and I think all of us died, some of us (like me) blew up multiple times. But we finally got it. Subnuke seemed to help vs the boss' healing. Only when I started subnuking did we start to get it down past 80%.

I got the run on video, might post it here after it uploads (slow net + very long video = forever).
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    well i guess this one's done for pugs. 75,000 seems a bit high for elite. I would say that's <1% 10% seems more reasonable to me - maybe around 40,000 required. Anyway it may be a bug, but if it's not it will likely stay as is. There is no longer the populace to voice another DR outcry, and those of us left frankly don't really care anymore. Just move on to a different mission. I've done korfez maybe 50 times so that's plenty.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    Based on the table, it was a team of 3 100k'ers, 1 90k'er and 1 50k'er. The mission took around 23mins to finish, 10 minutes of which was on the final boss. Lost count on deaths, but I do know I died 4x lol.
  • Options
    nickodaemusnickodaemus Member Posts: 711 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    @nickodaemus

Its called a smoke break, plus that was 2 days ago.

There's no rule about when I have to respond or when you have to read it. As I said, you should be working.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Never did this. Their mistake was only having this at the Elite level. I will not do a Queue where I cannot try it first at Normal. Will not subject others to a failure because I am not confident in what I am doing. (And to be honest, don't want to hear the as*shattery that may spew from some because of that).
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    I'm all for Elite content. I was never an Elite player, and was able to do Fez just fine -- which means it was too easy. :)

Having said that, I don't like the schism which occurs when Elite content is no longer available at lower levels. That's a mistake, IMHO, and unnecessarily punative.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    As promised, here is the video of our run there:

https://youtu.be/9CAiNGrdvpM

Pardon me blowing up multiple times. :blush:
  • Options
    sophlogimo wrote: »
    I did a (failed) run with logging enabled (PUG, with a rather fresh Husnock warship, with extremely bad DPS). The enemy DPS according to the parse wasn't better than usual on Elite: 2-5k per ship.

Yeah the individual mobs don't have that much sustained damage. It's when they all gang up on you that hurts. Also, they can spike up pretty well. I remember getting hit by an 80k torp spread. :smile:
  • Options
    Heck, I'm being dropped into teams that fail Tholian Red Alert.

It's a side effect of the "rebalance". Don't get me wrong, I am not against the rebalance, I think the game needed it. But overall player performance seems lower now.

Also, we don't know if the player matching system is matching us with players with equal performance, or matching us with players with higher or lower performance to even things out.
  • Options
    e30ernest wrote: »

It's a side effect of the "rebalance". Don't get me wrong, I am not against the rebalance, I think the game needed it. But overall player performance seems lower now.

Don't get me wrong, I really WAS against the rebalance. :) And for precisely what we're seeing now: tunebreaker, and the rest of the top-DSP players, are not materially impacted by the change. The rest (like me) just suffers for no real reason. And no, I wasn't even using exploders.
    Also, we don't know if the player matching system is matching us with players with equal performance, or matching us with players with higher or lower performance to even things out.

I'd say, very likely not. The way I understood things, the matching would only take place for the competitive queues. Could be wrong, of course.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    The patch notes did say it was turned on for PVE and off for PVP.
  • Options
    tunebreakertunebreaker Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    meimeitoo wrote: »

And for precisely what we're seeing now: tunebreaker, and the rest of the top-DSP players, are not materially impacted by the change.

Ha, I wish. My best score so far, post-"fun adjustment", has been 87k, compare that to pre-S13 168k.
    But I have to agree that with every rebalance/nerf, those at the higher end can shrug changes off more easily and continue to blast through content with relative ease, despite seeing lower numbers.
  • Options
    stark2kstark2k Member Posts: 1,467 Arc User
    Khaaaaaaaaaannnn!!!!!!!!!!

https://youtube.com/watch?v=qXNqEURmKtA
    StarTrekIronMan.jpg
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator

There's also the issue t hat the Borg and Tholian Alerts are dropping players down to 50 while leaving the enemies comparable to 60, so there's about a 10 level disadvantage for players.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    azrael605 wrote: »
    @nickodaemus

A number of people on this forum have flat out said that they play STO on their work computer while on the clock & your giving me **** for posting on my break time? SMH

Actually, it was for smoking. Quit now, play longer.
  • Options
    foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,481 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    I really WAS against the rebalance. :) And for precisely what we're seeing now: tunebreaker, and the rest of the top-DPS players, are not materially impacted by the change. The rest (like me) just suffers for no real reason. And no, I wasn't even using exploders.

I was generally indifferent about the rebalance. I still think that some of it was necessary.

On the other hand I am disappointed that I no longer qualify for Elite content that I used to be able to just about make a useful contribution to.

However, whilst I am simply 'disappointed' I've seen plenty of anger and bruised egos over the past few days, with numerous players, having heard about how difficult Korfez (and other Elite missions) have become, taking their ships into it thinking they'll heroically show everyone how it's REALLY done and quickly discovering that they're not as uber as they thought they were.

Well, they are supposed to be "elite" content. As to those people with bruised egos, all well :) Elite is meant to be elite, one of the most difficult queues you could ever do :)

They will get over it. You cannot always complete queues and events in 2 minutes for maximum rewards. As Q once said.

"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid"

"Note, I dont mean you Reyan01 with this post, I was referring to those bruised ego players who have been raging"
    pjxgwS8.jpg
  • Options
    My primary complaint still remains, as one of only 3 PVE to obtain Delta marks, it now severely limits a players ability to progress the Delta Alliance Reputation, dropping available PVE for Delta to just 2 now. I am all for tougher fights, but they either need to scale back the amount of mobs or as was mentioned earlier in the thread, add a normal and advanced version, and leave the elite as is for high end DPS players. (Kobali Front doesn't count, considering you get TRIBBLE mark rewards)
    P.S. Aslo, rewards from Tholian and Borg RAs' don't count either, considering after the daily, you get 10 marks per run, not worth the effort in relation to progressing the rep.
    2j4zi3k.jpg

• Options
    The secondary reward for the Borg Red Alert is only ONE Mark after you have exhausted that Mark's type Daily.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    My primary complaint still remains, as one of only 3 PVE to obtain Delta marks, it now severely limits a players ability to progress the Delta Alliance Reputation, dropping available PVE for Delta to just 2 now. I am all for tougher fights, but they either need to scale back the amount of mobs or as was mentioned earlier in the thread, add a normal and advanced version, and leave the elite as is for high end DPS players. (Kobali Front doesn't count, considering you get **** mark rewards)
    P.S. Aslo, rewards from Tholian and Borg RAs' don't count either, considering after the daily, you get 10 marks per run, not worth the effort in relation to progressing the rep.
    You know you can get those at Kobali right?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    He said that but doesn't think the Mark rewards there (after Daily) are any good.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    No worries - quite agree.

At this point I am simply accepting my place as being good at Normal level content, competent at Advanced and unqualified for Elite.

Well at this point, you either resign yourself to that, or do something to get back up there. It's not that hard TBH, and doesn't really cost as much as people say it does. It will take time but there is no need to rush. Just play for fun and get better gear as your resources go over time.

Just because you chose to play a sci-torp build, doesn't mean you have to lock yourself out of Elites. If you need build help, there are a lot of knowledgeable people in the Science Channel that could help you. Who knows, you might end up finding that fun as well.
  • Options
    shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
    the issue is some cry babies complained about everything so they go and nerf the game again
  • Options
    Playing advanced can be highly over-rated anymore ever since they made it possible to buy the doodads needed with marks every 20 hours. Anyone ought to be able to slay normal queues with even a minimal grasp of how to outfit their ship. That's really why things like forums & fleets exist.
  • Options
    I really WAS against the rebalance. :) And for precisely what we're seeing now: tunebreaker, and the rest of the top-DPS players, are not materially impacted by the change. The rest (like me) just suffers for no real reason. And no, I wasn't even using exploders.

I was generally indifferent about the rebalance. I still think that some of it was necessary.

On the other hand I am disappointed that I no longer qualify for Elite content that I used to be able to just about make a useful contribution to.

However, whilst I am simply 'disappointed' I've seen plenty of anger and bruised egos over the past few days, with numerous players, having heard about how difficult Korfez (and other Elite missions) have become, taking their ships into it thinking they'll heroically show everyone how it's REALLY done and quickly discovering that they're not as uber as they thought they were.

As for Fez, no bruised ego here, as it really was meant for Elite-only. But the people who, as you say, are "quickly discovering that they're not as uber as they thought they were," point is, they really were that ueber before.

Me? I feel primarily saddened, because I got nerfed for no good reason. Was in a Tzenkethi Advanced, the other day, with only 2 players left (including me). All Objectives had failed, and we could hardly even get a dent into the Dreadnought. And I used to do 78k. And all I kept thinking is, Why?! Certainly feel fun-nerfed.
    e30ernest wrote: »
    No worries - quite agree.

At this point I am simply accepting my place as being good at Normal level content, competent at Advanced and unqualified for Elite.

Well at this point, you either resign yourself to that, or do something to get back up there. It's not that hard TBH, and doesn't really cost as much as people say it does. It will take time but there is no need to rush. Just play for fun and get better gear as your resources go over time.

Just because you chose to play a sci-torp build, doesn't mean you have to lock yourself out of Elites. If you need build help, there are a lot of knowledgeable people in the Science Channel that could help you. Who knows, you might end up finding that fun as well.

e30ernest, you've been in this game long enough to know gear is hardly a factor. If it were, I would be at the top of the DPS charts. But I'm not, of course. It's really all just about timing. About knowing what to active when, and in what order. Sure, top DPS-er will get some extra dmg out of better gear, much like better gear will cause a low-DPS player to see their dmg go up a bit, but that's it.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    You know you can get those at Kobali right?[/quote]

I guess you didn't read the whole post I made, Kobali front gives jack for marks, especially given the amount of time spent grinding for pathetic rewards.
    2j4zi3k.jpg

This discussion has been closed.