test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Should the Devs roll back the new queuing system to the old version?

mattjohnsonvamattjohnsonva Member Posts: 4,974 Arc User
After almost unanimous complaints on various aspects of the new queue system I thought it was time to get a more overall view from the community. You may have little trouble queuing for an event if you are a single player, but before you answer this question please form a team and try to join a queue and then come back here to give your vote.

Should the Devs roll back the new queuing system to the old version? 158 votes

Yes, I would like to see the old queue system brought back
77%
pennylongkidflash112ssbn655dabelgravealexraptorrdaboholicsabrevt1100mattjohnsonvar5e4w3q2sf911strathkinhippiejonsmokeybacon90crypticarmsmandracounguiseradicator84reyan01e30ernestspielman1velqua 122 votes
No, I prefer the new queue system
22%
burstdragon323thetanineduncanidaho11orangeitisgaraks31baddmoonrizingaevsmanmustrumridcully0thestargazemeimeitoorepetitiveepicquesteriusltminnsneos472jbmonroepatrickngomainavaloreahthunderfoot#5163grendelthewise#0990 36 votes

Comments

• sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    I doubt they will do so, but at least the the old system worked....
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• skullblits#4627 skullblits Member Posts: 1,273 Arc User
    if something isn't broken. let's try and improve it until it is broken..
  • omega6theta1omega6theta1 Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    I just want the view Cooldown button back
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    I wish we could go back to the old UI until a better version is ready to be released. There's no cooldown button, I get randomly dequeued for no reason, a change of maps often happens without warning, the number of people queued up seems to be less than reliable... and I really don't like the whole console-type UI in which you have to click 4 times for what could easily be accomplished by one double-click.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    There was nothing wrong with the old queue UI and very little actual improvement in the new one even if it wasn't broken.

So yeah.
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    No easy way to filter now BAD
    Clicking type to filter that way doesnt use alphabetical order, Insanely stupid and BAD
    No way to see cooldowns BAD
    Group ends and any loot gets impossible to see or roll on as the group automatically disbands, BAD
    Joining a group may or may not give you a timer BAD
    Joining from your bridge and you hear the weeeeoooo noise but no button to say yes or no, you are just dumped into something.

Someone needs to dock the QA teams wages, slap them or simply find people that can actually do the work as there's no way they could think the current setup is better in any way that what was there before.
  • rndfluctuation#1470 rndfluctuation Member Posts: 813 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    Voted yes but it didn't register here, maybe I wrote post in a bad timing.

I miss the daily bonus CD timer and some versatility.
    While I didn't form a party myself, I looked etc and searched for things and got this impression of what I needed and miss, hence my preference.

P.S.
    Starting to feel sorry for the Devs though for this all, not only for self as a player - they worked so hard and meant well.
  • lapprenticellapprenticel Member Posts: 254 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    I can see a few advantages to the new system but it's horribly glitchy. It tells you've been placed in a match but you may or may not get to see a popup asking if you want to play that match. Sometime it straight drops you out of the queue, more often it drops you straight into the match despite the fact you might be in the middle of something. Sadly the new interface seems like an alpha version of an update not a public release version. Oh there's also no way of seeing the cooldown for marks, and if you want to do advanced or elite missions you have to manually select that from the drop down option for every rotten mission. If you're in longer wait missions you can't even see how many others are queued as it reverts back to the beginner option which is useless. :s
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    I definitely feel like i am getting more quickly to where I wanted to now then before. Some things could be made easier, though.

- The Mark/Queue Cooldown Counter must be back
    - The control for setting the difficulty is unintuitive IMO. I kinda feel like most people would probably only use one difficulty at a time anyway, so it could be global selector.
    - A better way to see what queues you are currently queued for would be great.
    - It seems sometimes you get removed from the queue without actively removing yourself from the queue. That might be a bug, or intended, I don't know, it shouldn't happen.
    - Once I confirmed a Queue launch pop-up, there still be some indicator directly visible telling me what is happening. A countdown or something like that. Especially when the queue fails after all it's difficult to recognize that.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    I would be happy with the new UI IF it were possible to have the difficulty selection stick - so that if I change to advance it stays that way. Unfortunately it doesn't seem this is possible so I say go back to the other that had better sorting and the cooldown timer.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    The new UI has plenty of potential and the old UI was too crowded and allowed many queues to be completely missed.

Having said that, there is room for improvement.
    E.g. a tag to only show normal, advanced or elite difficulty. A tag with favorites and a return of the mark bonus cool down window.

This new UI actually allows old favorites like Gorn minefield and The Big Dig to pop more often.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • radonneradonne Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    Honestly, I'm not sure what the point of the new system was. In theory it allows you finer control over the queues you're looking at. But the UI is so badly thought out, I'm extremely skeptical anyone is actually better off. There are gigantic amounts of space dedicated to irrelevant pictures while the parts you might actually care about are squished into lists too compact to read easily.

The ability to select difficulty is so poorly done that if I didn't already know there must be some way to change difficulty settings I'd never have found it. And for the life of me, I cannot imagine why they'd remove the "view cooldown" button. Who in their right mind thought we didn't need that?!?

I don't use queues often, but the new interface is such an active impediment to using them I may wind up not using them at all.

-R
  • ussvaliant#6064 ussvaliant Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    Although I strongly feel this UI was released before it was ready and should go back to Tribble to be finished and polished. They launched it to Holodeck and we are stuck with it.

So boy's and girls it sucks and we should NEVER be placed in this position, but its a case of having to persevere with it whilst they take many months to iron out all the bugs and add new features. Something that should have been done on Tribble (that's what its there for) instead of releasing this broken pile of tartar sauce.

maR4zDV.jpg

Hello rubber banding my old friend, time to bounce around the battlezone again, where are all my bug reports going?, out of love with this game I am falling, As Cryptic fail to acknowledge a problem exists, Shakes an angry fist, And from Support all I'm hearing are the sounds of silence.
  • scrooge69scrooge69 Member Posts: 1,108 Arc User
    give t he mtime they will fix it the new system got the potential to eb MUCh better

c mon a list of jsut ALL ques was horrible
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nekofury86nekofury86 Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    I really like the new queue UI, yes it does need some work, yes it does need added features, but man I hated the old one. Couldn't tell which mark were which queue, had to re-filter everyday otherwise scroll through a big TRIBBLE list of useless empty queues... TRIBBLE all that, like the new one, it just needs some refinement.
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    the one thing I like about the new UI is that I can queue for a borg RA w/o warping over to wherever.... now if only it would drop me back where I was instead of outside sol..... but that is a separate issue
  • daiphdaiph Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    I outlined some ideas in my own post, but basically a return to the old UI with the expanded rewards column including all types of rewards and the ability to filter those lists instead of sorting via the column headers would give the best functionality of both styles without the convoluted morass of the newer one.
    Oh, and this dropping team at the end of matches with various loot items just floating there unable to be claimed (already lost purps to this...) is just BS of the highest order.

https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1230891/is-the-new-queue-ui-really-that-bad
    What everyone buying Zen are really saying while all these bugs are still floating freely:
    qHiCsi6.gif
    Stop new content until quality returns
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,587 Arc User
    Just because something is broken, doesn't mean it needs to be rolled back per se. It just needs to be fixed.

And yes, it's broken. Often I don't even get a hail, and just warp out; or answer the hail, but then it's already canceled (and that several times in a row).

So, new queue system is, at the best, in early beta-state. Fix it.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    Not sure why it was revamped in the first place. I don't remember anyone asking for a new interface for the queues.

Only thing I like about it is the side menu of mark types so you know what queues to use which is a little more intuitive for the newer players.
    Tza0PEl.png
    nikephorus wrote: »
    Only thing I like about it is the side menu of mark types so you know what queues to use which is a little more intuitive for the newer players.

I love/hate that and is precisely why I've been advocating a return to the old UI with the ability to filter rewards. The idea of filtering them as is done now down the side is great. The way in which it's been implemented to remove the ability to get a decent overview of all available missions at once however is tedious at best. Literally, all it would have taken was changing the column headers to allow a filter instead of a sort and we would've had the best of both worlds... And then there's the constantly changing difficulties which again could have been alleviated by way of a filter.

Seeing all the missions at the difficulties you're interested in without having to click through multiple screens and change the settings on each mission every stupid time... Who'da thunk it could have been so simple, certainly not the dev behind the monstrosity we have now.
    What everyone buying Zen are really saying while all these bugs are still floating freely:
    qHiCsi6.gif
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2017
    I'd welcome the old PvE queue systems return to Star Trek Online. I realize many friends are also not fan's either.

You think they could have made a few subtle changes to how the old one was designed rather that what we have now.

I do not like it at all. :'(
    daiph wrote: »
    nikephorus wrote: »

I love/hate that and is precisely why I've been advocating a return to the old UI with the ability to filter rewards. The idea of filtering them as is done now down the side is great. The way in which it's been implemented to remove the ability to get a decent overview of all available missions at once however is tedious at best. Literally, all it would have taken was changing the column headers to allow a filter instead of a sort and we would've had the best of both worlds... And then there's the constantly changing difficulties which again could have been alleviated by way of a filter.

Seeing all the missions at the difficulties you're interested in without having to click through multiple screens and change the settings on each mission every stupid time... Who'da thunk it could have been so simple, certainly not the dev behind the monstrosity we have now.

Yea I was thinking exactly the same thing... they could have easily improved the old system 3 easily drop downs. While I don't have any issues listing the Reputations, Gear or DIL, Rewards down the side you'd think the space allocated be a bit more efficient horizontally how it's used--still I particularly don't like the design.

The single biggest thing everybody dislikes about it the most if you want to do advanced queues, now you have to go in to each one within a category to select them so it's far from efficient. If I select Romulan reputation I then don't want to have to select each and every mission now be advanced, and later if I wanted to do an elite then have to go back and change again. That more than anything is very poorly designed and laid out.
    Post edited by strathkin on
    0zxlclk.png
  • thestargazethestargaze Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    No, I think that's stupid. The old was impossible to find queues...
    No, I think that's stupid. The old was impossible to find queues...

I feel the need to ask, but exactly how difficult was it to scroll and follow the alphabet?
    qHiCsi6.gif
  • lapprenticellapprenticel Member Posts: 254 Arc User
    Seems to me that regardless of whether folk voted yes or no many are raising similar points.
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    Well I really wished they had used horizontal space more efficiently down the left side as we already have 11+ reputations, Gear/Dilithium, or Fleet Mark queues. Still I could mostly live with that as is... just wish they as I noted above - for difficulty they allowed you to filter by choosing normal, advanced or elite and selecting those you wanted to see or not.

▪ Changing which queues are show so you could see all 3 difficulties of instances and filtering out the ones you don't want to see means you don't have to change 3 to advanced then later to elite then perhaps back again. You should only have to do that once.

IF they fixed that one aspect I suspect people could mostly warm up to it.
    0zxlclk.png
This discussion has been closed.