test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

so what's the channel to join these days to get a quick team up for STFs?

i've had the EliteSTF channel for a very long time, but i removed it yesterday as it seems like it has died out entirely by now, so does anyone know a channel to join so i don't have to sit for 20 minutes waiting for a queue to pop so i can get my Lukari marks?
Maintaining peace through overwhelming firepower.

Comments

• taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    DPS numbers or DPS metals channel.
    Good people there.

Edit: You need to either download SCM (numbers) or CLR (metals) parser, and upload a parse of isa to be invited.
    Thresholds for entry and invite are 10k and 30k.
    You can also get an invite if a friend parses you over 10k and uploads.

Takes about 24 hrs to get the invite after your parse is submitted.
    Qapla'

Hope to see you there.
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • imadude3imadude3 Member Posts: 825 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    Good people there.

Edit: You need to either download SCM (numbers) or CLR (metals) parser, and upload a parse of isa to be invited.

Qapla'

Hope to see you there.

i might look into it, but answer me this first.
    if i join, what is expected of me? i have never been one to care much about my DPS, do not misunderstand me, i like to think that both my ship and my captain pack a proper punch, however i have never, ever, equiped my ship with the focus of giving me higher DPS.
    i am not a cheese captain who mounts hundreds of universals on my ship, but i am bit old school in the way i run my ship, Tac consoles for tac slots, science consoles for science slots, engineering consoles for engineering slots, and the occasional universal just for fun, some propper cannons/beams, and tactical boff and personal abilities, that is the way i run my ships.
    edited April 2017
    EDIT: double post.

• ralphgraphiteralphgraphite Member Posts: 628 Arc User
    If your play style is old school and you fly mostly canon builds, the Star Trek Battles channel still runs queues from time to time. They don't judge people on their DPS, but no longer have DPS caps. (They do require canon weaponry though, and at least two torpedoes 1 front/1 back last I knew).

I think RedditChat is also pretty good to put a team together.
  • taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    imadude3 wrote: »
    Good people there.

Qapla'

Hope to see you there.

if i join, what is expected of me? i have never been one to care much about my DPS, do not misunderstand me, i like to think that both my ship and my captain pack a proper punch, however i have never, ever, equiped my ship with the focus of giving me higher DPS.
    i am not a cheese captain who mounts hundreds of universals on my ship, but i am bit old school in the way i run my ship, Tac consoles for tac slots, science consoles for science slots, engineering consoles for engineering slots, and the occasional universal just for fun, some propper cannons/beams, and tactical boff and personal abilities, that is the way i run my ships.

Once you're in, there's no further requirements or anything like that. Just a nice place to find players queuing for various pve missions. And you can get lots of tips and in depth info there if you care to ask for help. Lots of friendly people.

What you put on your ship is up to you. If you want to run super meta builds great, if you want to run more abstract builds, great as well.

I guess the DPS threshold of 10k is there to ensure runs go smoothly in adv and/or elite queues. Don't think I've ever failed a run using the DPS channels to find teams.
    And 10k as an entry target shouldn't be hard to manage for most players. Even those with abstract builds. (you may already be doing more then that for all we know)

I've also heard Redditchat to be a decent place to get games going as well. As @ralphgraphite has suggested.

[img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
    imadude3 wrote: »
    Good people there.

Qapla'

Hope to see you there.

Once you're in, there's no further requirements or anything like that. Just a nice place to find players queuing for various pve missions. And you can get lots of tips and in depth info there if you care to ask for help. Lots of friendly people.

What you put on your ship is up to you. If you want to run super meta builds great, if you want to run more abstract builds, great as well.

I guess the DPS threshold of 10k is there to ensure runs go smoothly in adv and/or elite queues. Don't think I've ever failed a run using the DPS channels to find teams.
    And 10k as an entry target shouldn't be hard to manage for most players. Even those with abstract builds. (you may already be doing more then that for all we know)

I've also heard Redditchat to be a decent place to get games going as well. As @ralphgraphite has suggested.

in that case, thank you very much for the suggestion.
  • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,984 Arc User
    Would calling for advanced or elite grounds be out of place on DPS metals or numbers? Haven't tried the DPS ground channels for quite some time.

That's one reason I like PESTF as it basically covers everything, no parsers required, and I don't need 6 channels (3 each of metals and numbers for me prior to rebalance).