test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Are STO Players too lazy for their own good? Are Cryptic equally to blame?

2»

Comments

• ralphgraphiteralphgraphite Member Posts: 628 Arc User
    nekofury86 wrote: »
    Old queue UI that was working fairly well was taken away and replaced with horrendously buggy and illogically designed new one. And we are not entitled to be unhappy? Give me a break.

The new UI works just fine, and is very much so preferred over the old style with a massive list of empty queues. That said, it does indeed need refinement, and some filters, other than that, it sure is refreshing and I like it.

Just to point out, the new style also has a massive list of empty queues, it is just divided out into categories and they removed one of the metrics that would tell us how empty they were.

I think the new UI could be promising, but is incomplete, even as far as removing recent QOL improvements like the View Cooldowns Button.

It has not addressed the fact that the queues don't pop in any way though.

• wylonuswylonus Member Posts: 471 Arc User
    just to chime in, it wasnt players fault, we all know devs gave us ability to play the way we want and built on skill trees and upgrade the consoles, and train the officers. some missions are tough.
    problems isnt the leechers, the Ques selection are too many and some are outdated, spreading the player base to do something they need to do.
    just my opinion, devs should move older and unpopular ques into episode threads and keep most often used Ques for special events when players want extra bonus reps.
    some episode missions need to have reps but not all of it, problem solved when newer players get old reps when they need if no other players filling up the Ques.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Well they sort of broke part of the Doff UI when AoY released. If you didn't want the presented Doff you clicked its Assign Button. One of the items you were presented with was the Doff's Specialization. The 'required' one was marked in green and placed at the top of the list. Since AoY it is at the bottom of the list. Makes things take slightly longer.

That was not anything they were updating with that release, just collateral damage I guess.

They really need some Customer focused QoL checking when they revamp UI stuff.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    Lolwut?!?!

OP do you actually realise what a load of utter nonsense you wrote in your opening post?

You blame the players for chafes the devs make to the game. I laugh in your face!
    You say we are all spoilt children acting entitled and demanding massive rewards for zero effort. Any idea how broad seeping and nonsensical that statement is?

A huge number of players will happily play any content regardless of rewards just for fun, whether with fleets or friends or chat channels. So there's no way we're all a bunch of whining children. I'd happily play a long queue for small reward if the content was fun. Rewards are not alway financial, they can be as simple as a person enjoying the game.

OP I think you need to take your butthurt and frankly ridiculous attitude elsewhere and maybe come back when you have matured a bit.
    SulMatuul.png
  • ussvaliant#6064 ussvaliant Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    if they arn't doing a 5 minute queue for 1000 marks, .

You mean I've been running ISA and CCA for 90 marks and there's a STF that pays out 1000. I feel such a fool, which mission is that one please ?

Oh and it is possible to let my 1st officer spam spacebar for me ?

31vjST01xEL.jpg

5 mins does feel a tad long.

Cheeky-Monkey.jpg

maR4zDV.jpg

Hello rubber banding my old friend, time to bounce around the battlezone again, where are all my bug reports going?, out of love with this game I am falling, As Cryptic fail to acknowledge a problem exists, Shakes an angry fist, And from Support all I'm hearing are the sounds of silence.
  • ssbn655ssbn655 Member Posts: 1,894 Arc User
    huijian wrote: »
    This is exactly what happens when you spoil children Cryptic, they become lazy cretins.

Half of the balance issues in the game are the playerbase using items and abilities in ways they were NOT supposed to be used or designed that way. So its the playerbases fault for ruining the game and causing it to be in such a boring and unrewarding state, not Cryptics.

So what exactly do you mean when you say "its the playerbases fault for ruining the game" ?

I mean that people are always looking for easy ways to break the game, so they don't use things in the correct way. I am pretty sure that Cryptic never really thought Aux2Batt would become like it did. That was the players, manipulating the game for a lazy advantage.

So figuring out the mechanincs of the game to your advantage is manipulating the game for a lazy advantage? Wow I guess you never really tried figuring out anything on your own in life and feel that anybody who works to get ahead of the curve is ruining life and somehow taking something away from you. You sir are a prime example of what really is wrong in this game people who resent those who have figured out the game mechanics and they are way different then wallet warriors.
  • ssbn655ssbn655 Member Posts: 1,894 Arc User
    nekofury86 wrote: »
    Old queue UI that was working fairly well was taken away and replaced with horrendously buggy and illogically designed new one. And we are not entitled to be unhappy? Give me a break.

The new UI works just fine, and is very much so preferred over the old style with a massive list of empty queues. That said, it does indeed need refinement, and some filters, other than that, it sure is refreshing and I like it.

Funny the poll in the forums says otherwise by 2 to 1 margin in favor of the old UI.