test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Anyone else having sudden transparency issues?

2»

Comments

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    Maybe... but it could be affecting a certain range of cards that are not on the higher end. Hopefully Cryptic is gathering data on who's being affected and will come up with a fix. I mean a GTX 650 is midrange gaming. Not the best, but can comfortably run most games.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    I told them about this bug multiple times on the Tribble forums and reddit before Season 13.

March 21: https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/60kkxl/pc_alarming_gfx_ingame_control_settings/df7oz48/
    frtoaster wrote: »

And while we're on the subject of graphics changes, there is currently a bug on Tribble that causes textures on some plants and hair to be rendered incorrectly if both screen-space ambient occlusion (SSAO) and depth of field (DoF) are turned off. (Turning off post-processing will also do it.) To see this bug, turn off both SSAO and DoF, visit Earth Spacedock or Starfleet Academy, and look at the plants and talk to the NPCs. The bug makes it look as though someone colored in the transparent parts of the textures.

March 21: http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/comment/13183939/#Comment_13183939
    Currently, on Tribble, the textures on some plants and hair are rendered incorrectly if both screen-space ambient occlusion (SSAO) and depth of field (DoF) are turned off. (Turning off post-processing will also do it.) To see this bug, turn off both SSAO and DoF, visit Earth Spacedock or Starfleet Academy, and look at the plants and talk to the NPCs. The bug makes it look as though someone colored in the transparent parts of the textures.

March 30: http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/comment/13189793/#Comment_13189793
    Someone needs to QA whatever the graphics programmers are changing on Tribble.

Now, the bottles at the bar at Starfleet Academy are flickering.
    The bottles at the bar at Starfleet Academy keep flickering. I tried to fix the issue by changing various graphics settings:
    • World detail distance
    • Terrain detail distance
    • Character detail distance
    • World texture detail
    • Character texture detail
    • Postprocessing
    • Screen-space ambient occlusion
    • Cinematic focus (depth of field)
    • Antialiasing
    • Reflection quality
    • Lighting 2.0
    • Shadows
    • Max lights per object
    • Max shadowed lights
    Nothing I changed seem to fix it.

The issue with hair and plant textures is still occurring.
    Currently, on Tribble, the textures on some plants and hair are rendered incorrectly if both screen-space ambient occlusion (SSAO) and depth of field (DoF) are turned off. (Turning off post-processing will also do it.) To see this bug, turn off both SSAO and DoF, visit Earth Spacedock or Starfleet Academy, and look at the plants and talk to the NPCs. The bug makes it look as though someone colored in the transparent parts of the textures.

And because of the changes made to "Bloom quality", everything is darker now for people not running Lighting 2.0.

https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/60kkxl/pc_alarming_gfx_ingame_control_settings/df7oz48/

Also, cursors are still broken.

Text input boxes fail to display cursor in leftmost position

April 7: http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/comment/13194155/#Comment_13194155
    The new "On" bloom quality setting is much improved: it's much brighter than before. The bad news is that you guys still have graphics bugs. Let's start with the new one.

Invisible characters in the tailor

Player characters and bridge officers are invisible in the tailor if you have "Postprocessing" turned on. See the link below.

Characters invisible in the tailor

This bug really needs to be fixed before Season 13 hits Holodeck.

Plant and hair texture bug

I previously reported:

Plant and hair textures are still messed up if you turn off both SSAO and DoF or both SSAO and "Postprocessing". The bug is no longer as severe if you turn off only "Postprocessing", but the hair of the Cardassian tailor on ESD is still not quite right.

Flickering bottles at Starfleet Academy

I previously reported:
    The bottles at the bar at Starfleet Academy keep flickering. I tried to fix the issue by changing various graphics settings:
    • World detail distance
    • World texture detail
    • Postprocessing
    • Antialiasing
    • Reflection quality
    • Lighting 2.0
    • Shadows
    • Max lights per object
    • Max shadowed lights

The bottles are still flickering, but I have some new information. It appears that this may be an asset bug as well as a graphics bug. On Holodeck, some of the bottles are clear and empty. On Tribble, these bottles have been filled with a red liquid. It's this red part that's flickering.

April 11: https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/64pfba/a_year_later_this_bug_isnt_fixed/dg4q1vi/

And not many players know this, because they're so focused on the balance changes, but there are a bunch of graphics changes on Tribble that weren't reported in the patch notes. They are still tweaking the graphics, and the changes have been accompanied by bugs, the major one being invisible characters in the tailor. Most players haven't noticed yet, but they certainly will if it goes live.

April 13: http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/comment/13197054/#Comment_13197054
    All the bugs that I mentioned in last week's patch note thread are still present.
    The new "On" bloom quality setting is much improved: it's much brighter than before. The bad news is that you guys still have graphics bugs. Let's start with the new one.

Invisible characters in the tailor

Player characters and bridge officers are invisible in the tailor if you have "Postprocessing" turned on. See the link below.

Characters invisible in the tailor

This bug really needs to be fixed before Season 13 hits Holodeck.

Plant and hair texture bug

I previously reported:

Plant and hair textures are still messed up if you turn off both SSAO and DoF or both SSAO and "Postprocessing". The bug is no longer as severe if you turn off only "Postprocessing", but the hair of the Cardassian tailor on ESD is still not quite right.

Flickering bottles at Starfleet Academy

I previously reported:
    • World detail distance
    • World texture detail
    • Postprocessing
    • Antialiasing
    • Reflection quality
    • Lighting 2.0
    • Shadows
    • Max lights per object
    • Max shadowed lights

The bottles are still flickering, but I have some new information. It appears that this may be an asset bug as well as a graphics bug. On Holodeck, some of the bottles are clear and empty. On Tribble, these bottles have been filled with a red liquid. It's this red part that's flickering.

EDIT: And it appears that links to quotes are broken. To get it to work, I had to manually change
    [quote="frtoaster;c-13194155"]

to
    [quote="frtoaster;13194155"]

EDIT: Some text to get past the post-eating spam filter.
    Post edited by frtoaster on
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    ighten wrote: »
    doesnt matter if 2.0 is on or off the same prob occurs (tbf on should only cost about a frame or 2 on an HD iris)
    I cannot use 2.0 at all because it lags to complete unplayability.
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
    Tacofangs says that the graphics team is aware of the problem and a fix has already been checked in, but we likely won't see it until the "next regular patch".

https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/67q2wh/bizarre_texturing_glitches_at_starfleet_academy/dgsmzri/
    qVpg1km.png
    Sweet. So... either tomorrow or next week?
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    rattler2 wrote: »

I've edited my reply to ask Tacofangs for clarification, since those of us not running Lighting 2.0 had to deal with at a different graphics bug for a month and a half, even though a fix was already on Tribble.
    qVpg1km.png
    Well... I'm using 2.0 so... *shrug*
  • lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »

That all depends on if you can make your bug report look like this impacts PvP in some way. Then it will get fixed next patch.
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
  • jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    Moved to more appropriate forum category. No bug-reports in the General discussion folks. Thank you. :smile:
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

Moved to more appropriate forum category. No bug-reports in the General discussion folks. Thank you. :smile:

Would have put it there... if I could find it.
  • sf911sf911 Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    FWIW, after yesterday's patch, I am still suffering from these same problems being discussed here.
    sf911 wrote: »
    FWIW, after yesterday's patch, I am still suffering from these same problems being discussed here.

Correct. The last patch did not fix the bug. Either they accidentally left the fix out of the last patch, or they purposely withheld it in order to work on cases that they missed the first time around.

https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/67q2wh/bizarre_texturing_glitches_at_starfleet_academy/dgt5av8/
    https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/67q2wh/bizarre_texturing_glitches_at_starfleet_academy/dgutww1/
    qVpg1km.png
    sf911 wrote: »

Correct. The last patch did not fix the bug. Either they accidentally left the fix out of the last patch, or they purposely withheld it in order to work on cases that they missed the first time around.

https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/67q2wh/bizarre_texturing_glitches_at_starfleet_academy/dgt5av8/
    https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/67q2wh/bizarre_texturing_glitches_at_starfleet_academy/dgutww1/

I am crossing my fingers hoping that tomorrow's patch might be "the one"...
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,587 Arc User
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    lordmalak1 wrote: »
    FTR- The reflections since the patch are insanely too much, and I was forced to pull the video down as low as it would go to get rid of it, and the bad haircut remained. Guess they had to nerf my toons wardrobe build too.

Yeah, that's specular lighting. And it's way overdone in many areas (ever been to New Romulus Command? The stone stair steps are like frikkin' mirrors). And should only be applied minimally on human skin.

LOL. I can't believe they actually fixed the stairs! What I *really* can't believe, though, is that they actually seem to have listened. :)
    3lsZz0w.jpg
    Some good news. Tumerboy confirmed on reddit that the fix to the transparency issues is still coming:

https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/6cqg1z/tacos_guide_to_environment_bugs/dhxskth/?context=3