test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Season 13] Official Feedback Thread on the Queues, New UI, and PPS

Comments

• ussvaliant#6064 ussvaliant Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited April 2017

You're last comments are my feelings exactly. This UI is can't be the finished product, should never have been sent to Holodeck until it was properly tested by Players on Tribble.

In fact other than because we can there was no real reason to replace the existing UI with this.

We are stuck with it now as time and resources have been put into it thus meaning Cryptic have committed to this change regardless if it looks like rushed/broken content that alienates and frustrates its customers. (A growing trend, maybe the Suits need to review the deadlines and release dates of Content and allow the Dev's to do their job and give them the time to make sure things are working before public release)

Only positive thing I've seen is in a thread I created AmbassdorKael has said the Dev's have taken some of our feedback on board to look at improving this UI.
    maR4zDV.jpg

Hello rubber banding my old friend, time to bounce around the battlezone again, where are all my bug reports going?, out of love with this game I am falling, As Cryptic fail to acknowledge a problem exists, Shakes an angry fist, And from Support all I'm hearing are the sounds of silence.
  • ussvaliant#6064 ussvaliant Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    Oh Super was on DS9 and used new UI to queue for a Borg Red Alert and where do I end up afterwards ? In sector space outside Sol. FFS
    maR4zDV.jpg

Hello rubber banding my old friend, time to bounce around the battlezone again, where are all my bug reports going?, out of love with this game I am falling, As Cryptic fail to acknowledge a problem exists, Shakes an angry fist, And from Support all I'm hearing are the sounds of silence.
  • lopequillopequil Member Posts: 1,226 Arc User
    lordsteve1 wrote: »
    Then you can't join one queue and decide to queue for another, you have to back out and restart the process.

For the same reason, you can't join more than one queue of the same type (i.e. Advanced and Elite) at the same time either.
    Q9BWcdD.png
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    euar0 wrote: »
    .. now even CCA is a ghost.
    I've noticed the drop in player numbers on that queue even before this horrible end-game content UI was introduced. If nobody is playing the easiest to farm event outside of 10 players every minute or more, you can be sure the rest of the queues are a ghost town and the inverse snowball of game population is already well under way. EVER SINCE DELTA RISING.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    Old one was much better imo.
    Not much to add here after reading the other comments.
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    The new UI looks better. That's about the only positive thing I can say about it. It has all the characteristics of a console UI which would suggest a bad PC port. Only, STO has never been a console exclusive game. I wonder what they were thinking...
  • tmassxtmassx Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    deniskr87 wrote: »
    to much clicking for just simple que... Old one was way better...

+1 (y)
  • kayajaykayajay Member Posts: 1,990 Arc User
    Urgh...the new queue is way too overcomplicated. Tick boxes AND a button and with these new two games, multiple acceptances?
  • hippiejonhippiejon Member Posts: 1,581 Arc User

I rather think we are stuck with this now, I don't think it's going to encourage more players to run more queues, quite the opposite.

Makes me far less likely to spool up the transwarp drive for sure.
    The new queing system sucks.
    No I am not giving constructive feedback on how it could be better.
    Sometimes a thing just sucks and should be called on that.

Peace
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    I pressed the Tholian Red Alert button last night for one of my Characters. I warped to the Alert as normal. I waited for the 'Join Queue' and decided to check the Alert in the list to see how many people were queued. None were listed. Not even 1 (me).

So I thought I needed to do something else so I then hit the Check Box next to the Tholian Red Alert listing. Now it showed 1 person queued. I waited again and got the 'Join Queue' dialog box. I entered the Alert.

While in the Alert after a bit, a dialog box appeared stating that the Queue was ready for me. I thought that this would take me into another Tholian Alert so I canceled that dialog box.

Not sure what was going on. Perhaps, I was looking at the wrong list in the UI?

A bit confusing.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • rmy1081rmy1081 Member Posts: 2,840 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    They need to change the wording, but after you click on the check box, you have to then click on the Join # Selected Queue button above.

They make it look like clicking the box queues you but that just selects the queues you want to join.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Yeah, I neglected to say that but I did that as well. Does the Red Alert Button on the UI still do what it did before this 'revamp'.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • fruitvendor12fruitvendor12 Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    So I jumped back in to PvP. Found the spawn points are still camped. Found a few more things that were very familiar. Remembered why static anticipated maps are not fun.

Marcel Proust lives: In Search of Lost Time / Remembrance of Things Past.

Then I remembered what was most familiar, then I remembered a five year old Extra Credits vblog that is still relevant.

Enjoy, it's a great video.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRBcjsOt0_g&list=PLB9B0CA00461BB187&index=117​​
  • ssbn655ssbn655 Member Posts: 1,894 Arc User
    So I jumped back in to PvP. Found the spawn points are still camped. Found a few more things that were very familiar. Remembered why static anticipated maps are not fun.

Marcel Proust lives: In Search of Lost Time / Remembrance of Things Past.

Then I remembered what was most familiar, then I remembered a five year old Extra Credits vblog that is still relevant.

Enjoy, it's a great video.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRBcjsOt0_g&list=PLB9B0CA00461BB187&index=117​​

Devs need to watch that! Hint NERFS never work to balance a game.
  • thedoctorblueboxthedoctorbluebox Member Posts: 749 Arc User
    Hello Captains! I've made a new video introducing Season 13, going in the game and finding out what is new, and what to do, including trying out the new PvE UI system that has been very controversial. I will give my initial feedback on it.

https://youtu.be/jQZ9HlNNj_4

As always, thanks for watching :)
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    they should take a hard look at neverwinter's queue UI - all those issues STO's UI has? nonexistent in NWO​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • ashstorm1ashstorm1 Member Posts: 679 Arc User
    I don't like that new queue system very much... It's counter-intuitive, all in all.
  • jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    they should take a hard look at neverwinter's queue UI - all those issues STO's UI has? nonexistent in NWO​​

Yeah i agree neverwinters queue systems works really good and could be easily adapted to STO.
  • lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    Sometimes you don't know if the queue has failed or not and it'll randomly warp/beam you out to start, without any warning or countdown.
    And in team matches you're lucky if you even get a notification to acknowledge the queues or missions.

Complete rubbish.
    SulMatuul.png
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    Thankfully I can buy the items I need that the dead queues award. Not sure about those BNP's tho, but I got plenty of those saved up just in case.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • nicobolasnicobolas Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    K, this is my first post on the forums that i can remember, so i will try to maintain a constructive mean. As a point of reference, I have played this game since about a month after release. I also bought you lifetime membership in the first year of the game. Its been fun, frustrating and generally very worthwhile as a recreational activity, when I actually get to Play, when i cant or feel that i cant, have fun then why SHOULD I give you BOTH my TIME and MY MONEY. The Money i can re-cope, the time lost is lost forever.

1. The new STF Que system looks great. Too bad that you took an easy simple interface and broke it. Was an impact study done to measure the new operational learning time curve. OR was the Decision forced down from on high that you had to change the packaging of you product regardless of the damage it may do to said product. Its a simple concept in business that people will stop doing business with you because your product arrives broken. It is far batter to be late, with a good product, then to make a deadline and deliver a failure. "the important things are always simple and the simple things are always hard."

2. Why is the game dieing, because it's not fun. As I see it cryptic has at least two problems. First, The more time it takes to complete a task, the few tasks that get done. IN A GAME, the longer it takes you to do something, before you can actually play, the less time you have to play which equals less fun which comes back to less play time on purpose. I don't know what your operational model is, but look back at the point of highest play by timed session(s); what were you doing then vs now? Second, PLEASE don't make changes for the sake of change, at least not in such a way as to compromise a players ability to play the game. content will always be subject to change, but the interface must remain stable if you wish to retain players, much less recruit new ones. AS SUCH (what market testing did you do, and what feed back options did you give) why did you chose the new UI over the OLD? Now that it has been released, what are you going to do about it, this new UI Que system has caused me and others a great deal of frustration?

3. If you say Tribble was your market test, then let me ask you this, in sociology it can be observed that voluntary beta testing is done more by type A personality 's then type B personailty's...So when you do a general analysis you discover that beta testing gives a feedback stream more from one type of personality then another; how then do you gather data that provides you as comprehensive a picture of your Client base, as is reasonably possible. I.e. customers buy a service then leave, Clients continue to receive services beyond the initial survive, product or good (as in commodity). It is by definition a type of relationship in which there are both reasonable expectations as well as unreasonable expectations, by both parties, but seldom out of malice.

In Closing: Cryptic you said that Season 13 was a labor of love, I believe you, so out of fairness i shall take the weekend and NOT PLAY STO. I will give you some time to work on the Functionality of both your product (Star trek Online) and your response to the general discontent of your Client base. It is simple not fair to you (Cryptic) to get angry because you released a poorly packaged product, when I know you put a ton of work into STO, and delivered great content before. I also know from both professional and personal experience That You Guys (general form of address to persons, gender aside) can be very hurt and discouraged by a poor evaluation of your efforts particularly by your clients. So the best thing i can tell you is don't get discouraged, this is a normal failure, your Best Destiny still awaits.

josh wingfield

P.S. I leave my name so that when this post is read that you know that i am, serious, frustrated but trying to be both professional and constructive in my criticisms. Further more the Questions presented here are not retorical but honest questions that i personally dont need an answer to beyond your consideration and best efforts.

P.P.S. LOVE the new ships by the way, brought back very good memories of TNG.
  • neos472neos472 Member Posts: 580 Arc User
    for 1 how did they break it cause i have not seen anything that is real bad with the interface and it does queue me for what i select unlike the previous queue which had a bug that made it select a different queue than what i desired occasionally. for 2 all games die off it is a fact of life and nothing we do can change that they just die and honestly it is good where it is at in terms of wait time since most stuff you do to improve your characters can be done while you are away from the computer. for 3 i think they take this into account and data does not only come from tribble they have ears to the ground on other sources i bet like Reddit and here on the forums to aid in decision making
    manipulator of time and long time space traveler
  • dragnridrdragnridr Member Posts: 671 Arc User
    And that is why the devs never should have messed with the queue lists in the first place. That is just one of many problems with this new season. Until they fix these issues and bring the game back to Legacy Of Romulus standards, I think I'll take my business over to Warframe.