test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Queues are dead, does cryptic has any plan to get ppl to use them?

1235»

Comments

• geekguy79geekguy79 Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    I definitely had advanced enemys when doing a borg disconnected advanced, and a GGA. I think the problem is it works ok when only queuing for ONE que at a time, but joining more than one que at a time, yep only got normal enemys.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Well looks like they didn't remove the participation numbers after all. Good. That was a horrible idea.
  • asuran14asuran14 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    On the fact with players being able to get all of the unique or rare rewards that could be offered from completing stf, than the devs would merely just need to maintain the incentive of the system like any other system like with reps by adding additional rewards. Most likely they can track how much of the population has acquired the different rewards, and so once a certain threshold has been met of players acquiring the rewards they add additional rewards into the pool, or merely add new rewards to the pool when introducing a new rep or expansion.
  • skullblits#4627 skullblits Member Posts: 1,273 Arc User
    I've been qued up for 4 hours..

not enough members accepted their offers.

ps4 btw
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    I've been qued up for 4 hours..

not enough members accepted their offers.

ps4 btw

Which queue are you trying and when are you playing relative to US? During peak hours the probability of finding a match in any given queue go up (but because of interest/reward/difficulty/the-sheer-number-of-queues-to-subdivide-one-population-by-even-for-a-AAA-game-this-would-be-extreme, some still may not be drawing any players in.) But if you're trying to get something started when one of the largest player groups is only represented by those powering through on Gamer Fuel then you're going to have some problems.

Piece of advice: take what queues you can and if you need marks try out the battlezones or those queues that offer free choice. Ex. Borg Disconnected, Borg Red Alerts (in the sector block) and special events.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • kayajaykayajay Member Posts: 1,990 Arc User
    Scheduled. Events.

The WORST thing that STO ever did was eliminate them. You could always guarantee being able to play your favourite game, when everyone would flock to play at a certain time and day.
  • nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    Their grand plan was to create an un-intuitive/buggy new queue menu to draw in the masses.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • horizons2052horizons2052 Member Posts: 184 Arc User
    nikeix wrote: »
    I kind of like the new "que for what you'd like to play instead of chasing a crowd" model.

Don't be a fool, being a fool is a choice, choose not to be a fool. The queues that are most popular are the queues that do not have time gates. This is not going to change, EVER.

Nobody likes just sitting there waiting for a timer to complete, with nothing to shoot.
    "I guess I will just do my Admiralty missions while I wait."
    Nobody likes just sitting there shooting stuff until a timer completes.
    "What a coincidence, the Iconians ran out of ships at exactly 15 minutes, lucky us."

No, what is going to happen is people will still queue for ISA, KSA, CSA and CCA in an endless loop, while the rest of the queues get, now, even more ignored because of the uncertainty.

For instance, I would certainly try to jump into a GGA, despite the fact that it is time gated, if I saw that a few people were queued for it already. Now that I will not be able to see that I just won't queue for it, it really is just that simple.

And if you say to yourself(or me) "Well, that is just you!", well, you are not only getting fooled, but now you are just fooling yourself.

With any game that has any kind of grind it is not about difficulty level, or time, not specifically, it is about efficiency and value.

Why would I run time gated content for the same rewards I get from running non-time gated content? But with time gated content it takes me longer to acquire the prizes, which means I make less "rewards", whatever the rewards may be, per my time spent. That is not efficient and produces less value.
  • ralphgraphiteralphgraphite Member Posts: 628 Arc User
    kayajay wrote: »
    Scheduled. Events.

The WORST thing that STO ever did was eliminate them. You could always guarantee being able to play your favourite game, when everyone would flock to play at a certain time and day.

This. I'll give some credit - the weekly events promised when they pulled the hourlies are finally now, years later, coming around more often (though still not weekly), but I miss the hourlies.