test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What Did you Think: Binary Circuit

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
As with Survivor, we're going to make new threads for new content, so you guys can give us your feedback!

What did you think of the War Games Queue: Binary Circuit?

Comments

• jaredza#2872 jaredza Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    So far it's the only one I've been on the winning team in. It's cool that actually working together makes it much easier.
    Post edited by jaredza#2872 on
  • a3001a3001 Member Posts: 1,132 Arc User
    i'm on the opposite end, teams i'm qued with do nothing except afk
    Rejoice JJ Trek people....

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10052253

Why are you not rejoicing?
  • lapprenticellapprenticel Member Posts: 254 Arc User
    Hard. Boring. Best technique is queue, AFK for 4 minutes, painfully catch up to your team, mess around for a couple of minutes, collect winnings when other team scores.
  • causeikancauseikan Member Posts: 2 New User
    It's neat but confusing as to how you send hologram enemies to hamper the other team, no explination about how to send them. Also the surprise borg enemies aren't too welcome. Going from undine to Hirogen to borg suddenly is fine since they're holograms, but the borg immunity to damage wasn't a welcome surprise. My borg gear is in storage so i couldn't touch them.
  • lopequillopequil Member Posts: 1,226 Arc User
    So far, I really like it. A new queue always seems good for its novelty value but knowing that my team is racing against other real people is a welcome incentive to actually working with them. It's not PvP, really, but it's a much more engaging alternative to merely blowing stuff up for marks... even if that's all we're really doing when all's said and done.
    Q9BWcdD.png
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    Not much PvP in the map, which is probably nice for people that prefer a traditional PvE queue.

Sending the Borg Drone to attack the other team has two problems:
    1) Afterwards, all my slotted kit modules are removed from my hot bar. Annoying and makes me think I won't do it again.
    2) If the other team is progressing slower, you summon a very slow borg drone far away from any enemy forces.

The invisible floor puzzle needs a lot of team work, but I figure once people have gotten the hang of things, it will go faster. Just like all the other puzzles.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • isthisscienceisthisscience Member Posts: 863 Arc User
    This works out quite well and it is good at forcing people to cooperate. It's the most enjoyable of the two and I'd love to see more ground ones in future.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Interesting. Fun. I especially liked the invisible floor puzzle.

Easy. But then everything is.

The competitive aspect is a total waste, though. It would work exactly the same with just one team.
  • burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    Already the trolling has begun

- you can spawn kill the opposing team (not going to say how)
    - You can covershield block the path
    - you can drop covershields to prevent your teamates ducking into the alcoves to dodge the electric orbs

• oridjerraaoridjerraa Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    causeikan wrote: »
    It's neat but confusing as to how you send hologram enemies to hamper the other team, no explination about how to send them. Also the surprise borg enemies aren't too welcome. Going from undine to Hirogen to borg suddenly is fine since they're holograms, but the borg immunity to damage wasn't a welcome surprise. My borg gear is in storage so i couldn't touch them.

Some nodes have the option "attack the enemy". Choosing that option turns YOU into a Borg and teleports you into the opposing team. It's limited duration, but OMG it is so fun. As to the mission itself, pretty cool. I would love to see more MONSTER play, because it's PVP with attitude and immersion. Let an entire team be Borg or Breen or whatever for limited periods of time, just like you have it now with the Borg Drone. Need to fix the modules kits being removed from your tray when you return to your normal self.

• tygerzztygerzz Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    Loved the ability to attack other players, puzzles were fun. 9 out of 10
  • alfred399alfred399 Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    So I'll be lazy and copy my comment on the other feedback thread (as it applies here too)

I quite enjoyed it, but I think (and this goes for all PvE's really) the game needs to do a much better job of telling the players what to do. Get better the more people play through - but there are a ton of people in the queues I've been in that have no idea whats going on (me included to be fair).

I think it was Undine Assault that did this best - the mission briefing was a video narrated by Tim Russ I believe that explained what to do nicely. Make it unskippable the first time and that would help a lot I think.

As for this queue, I (personal opinion I know) despise mazes in video games - so this is my least favourite of the 2 new queues. That being said, the invisi-floor puzzle was neat, and the rest of the map bar the maze was pretty decent. But, for me personally, this'll get much less playtime than the space map
  • ssbn655ssbn655 Member Posts: 1,894 Arc User
    Forced PVP sorry no thanks. I don't care what label you put on it "co-op pve" it is really forced PVP with a different label. Not having any other way to get the rep marks is a horrible idea and no thanks! If I want to do any PVP I'll go play WOW...
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    ssbn655 wrote: »
    Forced PVP sorry no thanks. I don't care what label you put on it "co-op pve" it is really forced PVP with a different label. Not having any other way to get the rep marks is a horrible idea and no thanks! If I want to do any PVP I'll go play WOW...

Seriously, try it once. There is a good chance you will not notice at all that there was PvP involved here.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    Hard. Boring. Best technique is queue, AFK for 4 minutes, painfully catch up to your team, mess around for a couple of minutes, collect winnings when other team scores.

The only way that anything in this queue could be considered hard is if you don't have working eyes or very basic problem-solving skills. If you can figure out how to find this website, you should be able to figure out these puzzles.

There is an optional monster play part of this queue that, while fun, is actually more counterproductive than anything. It removes one of your players from helping with your team's progress, is completely ineffective if the other team is either significantly ahead of or behind yours in progress, it currently removes all kit modules from the tray of the player that does it, and it's really easy to ignore for the other team. Aside from that, this is no more PvP than playing pinball, or Duck Hunt or whatever in 2=player mode. It's even no more PvP than trying to get 1st place in a CC queue.

Oh, and for players in general:

The pathways. Someone has to stay behind at each console lighting the path for others as often as possible, and at least 3 of you need to go to the 2nd console, where again, one needs to light the path as often as possible while at least 2 more go to the 3rd console, where at least one needs to stay and hit that console as often as possible while at least 1 goes on to the end. If you're on the paths, keep going and ignore the NPCs shooting from the sides. Oh, and don't get too rammy and fall off the edges. The paths are pretty forgiving, but don't push your luck.

The maze, well, this has a bit of random difficulty that's beyond your control. A bad layout is just a giant time waster for everyone on that team. Good luck on not getting one of those. They do seem to be rare.

The tube. Please pay attention here. No matter which team you are on, the pattern will always be ( facing it from the door where you came in) Blue on the left side, yellow on the right side. There are even short bars at the both static end pieces that show you this, but some people keep spinning an aligned piece out of alignment because they don't look. This is truly a simple puzzle, just kill the Medic Drones before they reset your pieces.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • drakethewhitedrakethewhite Member Posts: 1,240 Arc User
    This one is livable and will allow me to get the marks for the Rep. Even sort of fun- better than the FE for certain.
    edited April 2017
    I said hard because the first few plays through the pathway boundaries were unclear. I've since learnt you can walk fast and take some shortcuts so it's not all inching around the midline. I still wouldn't run it, and of course if your team doesn't hit the reveal button you can't see it and will most likely fall to your doom. As for the maze, instagib balls of energy and terrible sightlines make it annoying. Going AFK for 4 minutes still seems like the most efficient use of time.
    anodynes wrote: »

The only way that anything in this queue could be considered hard is if you don't have working eyes or very basic problem-solving skills. If you can figure out how to find this website, you should be able to figure out these puzzles.

There is an optional monster play part of this queue that, while fun, is actually more counterproductive than anything. It removes one of your players from helping with your team's progress, is completely ineffective if the other team is either significantly ahead of or behind yours in progress, it currently removes all kit modules from the tray of the player that does it, and it's really easy to ignore for the other team. Aside from that, this is no more PvP than playing pinball, or Duck Hunt or whatever in 2=player mode. It's even no more PvP than trying to get 1st place in a CC queue.

Oh, and for players in general:

The pathways. Someone has to stay behind at each console lighting the path for others as often as possible, and at least 3 of you need to go to the 2nd console, where again, one needs to light the path as often as possible while at least 2 more go to the 3rd console, where at least one needs to stay and hit that console as often as possible while at least 1 goes on to the end. If you're on the paths, keep going and ignore the NPCs shooting from the sides. Oh, and don't get too rammy and fall off the edges. The paths are pretty forgiving, but don't push your luck.

The maze, well, this has a bit of random difficulty that's beyond your control. A bad layout is just a giant time waster for everyone on that team. Good luck on not getting one of those. They do seem to be rare.

The tube. Please pay attention here. No matter which team you are on, the pattern will always be ( facing it from the door where you came in) Blue on the left side, yellow on the right side. There are even short bars at the both static end pieces that show you this, but some people keep spinning an aligned piece out of alignment because they don't look. This is truly a simple puzzle, just kill the Medic Drones before they reset your pieces.

Even if you couldn't cut corners a bit, the pathway isn't difficult, so long as you can see it, just a little time-consuming to take sharper corners. Being able to see it is on the players, since they give you the means to see it. Someone just has to actually do it. Of course, suggesting that going AFK for the duration as a viable suggestion makes me think you're the problem. Maybe you should be the one lighting that 1st path for everyone. You know, make yourself useful to the team, it just might pay off better for all of you.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • kayajaykayajay Member Posts: 1,990 Arc User
    Awful. Absolutely awful. I've been stuck on teams that quit, even when we're not losing! The invisible floor part is diabolical and once you've got past it, it should just stay there. When you respawn, you should be on the island you were last on, etc...
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,390 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    kayajay wrote: »
    The invisible floor part is diabolical and once you've got past it, it should just stay there.
    Err, it does. You interact with the console near the exit of the room and not only it shows the path permanently but also despawns the enemies and gives a new respawn point.

And it's far from diabolical, just bring 4 players, one stays at each console revealing the path for another to pass until the last player reaches the winning console.

Or if the whole team fails to comprehend a simple "puzzle", get a screenshot-taking app and check the paths by yourself.

There may also be a few abilities allowing to show the path with their FX.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • kayajaykayajay Member Posts: 1,990 Arc User
    The invisible floor part is diabolical and once you've got past it, it should just stay there.
    Err, it does. You interact with the console near the exit of the room and not only it shows the path permanently but also despawns the enemies and gives a new respawn point.

And it's far from diabolical, just bring 4 players, one stays at each console revealing the path for another to pass until the last player reaches the winning console.

Or if the whole team fails to comprehend a simple "puzzle", get a screenshot-taking app and check the paths by yourself.

I nearly did the screenshot thing, but how longwinded is that? And like I say...it's fine when you or someone are completely across the bridge to make it permanent, but when you're trying to get there, it's a nightmare!

There is at least one that I saw When I was following somebody that left a veneer on the path for a short time. Sadly, I have no idea what it was.
    but when you're trying to get there, it's a nightmare!
    I guess I'm just used to platform and adventure games, then.
    #TASforSTO
  • walligigwalligig Member Posts: 308 Arc User
    Playing as a Borg Drone is fun and all but the fact that all your kit abilities are removed from your hotbar after you respawn completely ruins it for me. They really need to fix that. As for the rest of the instance, it's fun. I enjoy it.
    sstosig2.png

I guess it's the same for me, though when my teammates are standing by a console and shooting NPCs, but not illuminating the path, I do kind of wish that I had an Ether Medallion. :D
    anodynes wrote: »

I guess it's the same for me, though when my teammates are standing by a console and shooting NPCs, but not illuminating the path, I do kind of wish that I had an Ether Medallion. :D
    WTB Sheikah Lens of Truth or Chozo X-Ray Visor Mk XIV !
    #TASforSTO
  • k20vteck20vtec Member Posts: 535 Arc User
    Use engineer to drop mines turret bombs generator etc on the invisible path. Saved me a couple times from cloase calls
    Hast thou not gone against sincerity
    Hast thou not felt ashamed of thy words and deeds
    Hast thou not lacked vigor
    Hast thou exerted all possible efforts
    Hast thou not become slothful
  • sarah2774sarah2774 Member Posts: 238 Arc User
    I propose to have AFK penalty for the AFK people. 2 days of AFK penality and no rewards if you do not pass stage 1. Some of us will suffer for a while but it would get rid of the AFK or at least they would AFK after stage 1.
    OPv9m3F.jpg
    Speaking as someone who AFKs at times, they're not the biggest problem. AFKers are simply absent team members. The real issue are the 'griefers'. Those who deliberately don't do what the mission requires and instead focus on shooting foes. They avoid the possibility of an AFK penalty, but also guarantee a loss for the team unless you have someone who can solo carry.