What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Server Down - The system operators have aborted all logins

New one on me!

Comments

• Options
    captainpugwash1captainpugwash1 Member Posts: 908 Arc User
    yeah just got kicked out cant get back in,,,,:)
  • Options
    they cant tell the time, 1 hour early, joke.
  • Options
    szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    It's 13:10 UTC right now. The launcher says maintenance is beginning at 14:00 UTC. Maybe they got their schedules mixed up...
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,321 Arc User
    Was trying to finish the FE when the shutdown happened. Would have appreciated a heads up considering the scheduled maintenance is not for another hour.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    thetaninethetanine Member Posts: 1,367 Arc User
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/my/character/copy/sto

AND I can't copy my current 'main' to Tribble. THAT has never happened to me before today. I have always been able to play on Tribble or Redshirt whenever I wanted to (and the Redshirt button was showing).
    STAR TREK
    lD8xc9e.png
  • Options
    jaredza#2872 jaredza Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    No warning, and 1 hour early according to their UTC time. But then taking a look at Pacific time, it seems they got it right. Why can't they get UTC time right?
  • Options
    johnnyray14#4257 johnnyray14 Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    They need to hire Daniels to keep track of time for them. It boggles me how they can keep on getting UTC wrong.
  • Options
    thetaninethetanine Member Posts: 1,367 Arc User
    Confirmed. I just tried to log in via the old school launcher to go to Tribble and putting in password and clicking Login just flashes the launcher and clears the password field. No Go on Tribble! Or any of the three servers for that matter.
    STAR TREK
    lD8xc9e.png
  • Options
    some 1 prob screwed up as no flyin's saying the server was going down.
  • Options
    corelogikcorelogik Member Posts: 1,039 Arc User
    THe red notice banner has been on the launcher for 2 days,... 6am Apr 27, shard maintenance,...
    "Go play with your DPS in the corner, I don't care how big it is." ~ Me
    "There... are... four... lights!" ~Jean Luc Picard
  • Options
    szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    corelogik wrote: »
    THe red notice banner has been on the launcher for 2 days,... 6am Apr 27, shard maintenance,...

It also says 14:00 UTC. Which would be in 36 minutes. No need to defend what is clearly a mistake from their part.
  • Options
    jaredza#2872 jaredza Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    corelogik wrote: »

The UTC time on the launcher is wrong, according to the UTC time listed it came down 1 hour early. And besides the red banner, they usually have flyins that tell you the shard is coming down.
  • Options
    postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Tomorrow's patch will be to change the global timezones into cryptic time.
  • Options
    darkstar614darkstar614 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Shutting down a server with people ON it with zero warning (even if it is scheduled) is something even 13 year olds in mommys basement avoid. I expect more from a 'company' ugh.
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    If the warnings are keyed to the UTC time, then it likely all comes down to that being 1hr off.
  • Options
    postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    In all fairness they did get actually the time right yesterday. More than once a month/year (delete as applicable) is pushing things a bit.

UTC never changes so if the warnings etc are set to UTC then there's no excuse other than someone said F'it lets go now and I can avoid traffic on the way home.
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,394 Arc User
    They still have troubles checking the time. Sometimes they start at the correct time, other times they start one hour early. I know smartphones have pretty much replaced wristwatches but still, if you can't check the time at any moment, your attire is missing an important piece.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    Nope, they just shut it down for the 3rd maintenance in a row and didn't give us warning.

How Rude!

The warning was on the launcher. Usually you get some ingame countdown too, but it's not like I didn't see it coming. In fact, I was looking forward to it, thinking "Ooo, 11th console on my Mirdorn will be waiting for me on the other side!" :)
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Well maybe I am a concierge customer, but a bit after 9PM Eastern last night, I received a Tweet about Maintenance today for 3.5 hours starting at 6AM Pacific (9AM Eastern). The News Blog went up at 9:06PM Eastern last night announcing the Patch Notes and the Patch Notes were added to GNN at that time as well.

All those notices gave the times consistent with the Time Zone where I live - Eastern. Where in the world is the Time Zone UTC? The Universe? They hardly get UTC correct so use the Time Zone where you are and you will never be 'surprised'.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    heskoltheskolt Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Many people in Europe live around UTC time, and just like EST to PST is natural to you, converting from UTC is natural to them. They did the exact same thing you did - only the information you were provided was correct, and the information they were provided is not.
  • Options
    stol#4062 stol Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    Cryptic has gotten the Pacific-to-UTC time conversion wrong on announced patches for months. Perhaps longer, a few months ago is when I first noticed. Today is a good day, it's only an hour off. I've seen it off by four.
    Ex Turbo Modestum