test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

SCRAP the new PVE queue

The new and "improved" PVE queue is just awful! the old quques were great all that may have needed tweaking was saying what each one rewarded. The whole revamp to it is just terrible.

Comments

• Options
    joeykoricjoeykoric Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    The new PVE que UI is alright. The one thing that was problematic for me, is the loss of being able to filter out ground or space missions. I rarely play ground missions, so if I can filter out the ground missions, it 1 saves time and 2 it allows me to find the missions I want faster. That is not possible with this new version. Add the filters back in and I would be alright with it.
    Fleet Admiral Zach Caldwell
    Commanding Officer, Strategic Starfleet Operations
  • Options
    kwyjenkwyjen Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    ssbn655 wrote: »
    The new and "improved" PVE queue is just awful! the old quques were great all that may have needed tweaking was saying what each one rewarded. The whole revamp to it is just terrible.

AGREE :|
  • Options
    michaelmacleod#3983 michaelmacleod Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    Clearly the person who "revamped" the PVE queue doesn't actually play the game. I have enough trouble as it is finding a mission with enough people to do a PVE as it is, so whichever rocket scientist thought making it so that players must MANUALLY search through all the different difficulties of each and every INDIVIDUAL MISSION one at a time is either sadistic and hates both the players and their job or is lacking common sense to such a degree I am frankly amazed they could manage to have gotten the CHANCE to even TRIBBLE up this bad.
  • Options
    russkulykrusskulyk Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    Clearly the person who "revamped" the PVE queue doesn't actually play the game. I have enough trouble as it is finding a mission with enough people to do a PVE as it is, so whichever rocket scientist thought making it so that players must MANUALLY search through all the different difficulties of each and every INDIVIDUAL MISSION one at a time is either sadistic and hates both the players and their job or is lacking common sense to such a degree I am frankly amazed they could manage to have gotten the CHANCE to even **** up this bad.

Amen to that. This was an obvious botched project. It was bad enough that people tend to only run a small number of STFs while most sit at 0, at least with the old system I could scroll down and see if there were people waiting for players on something to give me a change from CCA, ISA, etc. Not only that but it gave them a player so they didn't have to wait as long.
    Because of the new layout I am not going to bother scanning through the combinations to look for an obscure grouping waiting on a player. And the poor people who try to get a group going in a less often played STF are going to be sitting there for god only knows how much longer.
    It is obvious whoever did this doesn't play the game. I just hope they see the logic in all the negative reviews and fix it. We are trying to help your game with feedback. How did this get past Tribble test? Were they using the old UI, or were people too focused on the DPS issues that nobody bothered to tell them the UI was junk?
  • Options
    libra1989#5468 libra1989 Member Posts: 1 New User
    i want to say something about new pve page.. first, new version is very unuseful, because its waste of time.. old verison was have more quick join.. i cant choise elite pve easly, if i want to join some elite pve, i must click more mouse button.. old version have all pve in one page and i can filter it about ground or space, elite or advanced, mark or dilitium ect ect ect.. now i must choise more page, more filter, more click and more dificult.. also, when i join some pve, its start suddenly or asking to start.. i just dont understand, why its asking or why is starting suddenly?? before, i was played a lot of pve in 2 hours, now i can playing quarter in same time guys.. i really HATE it.. please please please i want old pve page again.. please.. (sorry for bad gramer)
  • Options
    leguxoliverleguxoliver Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Greetings ,
    the pve queue system was revamped , improved / wasted .. to be honest I always enjoyed a lot the old red alerts system .

what is annoying more is the fact it s impossible to loose ... even if all the team ships explode , do nothing or be bad ... at the end everyone get a reward .

Bad captains deserve to be punished and not rewarded for being baddies .

How ? easy .. just make any player ship exploding a lot to loose all the experience gained before it , make damage to ship (injuries ??) to cost some ec at any starbase ...

I think this easy ideas could improve a lot the pve queue experience without taking big resources to implement it in game .
  • Options
    ca1khica1khi Member Posts: 1 New User
    A real issue that also needs to be tackled is the cool down system on missions.
    Provide a loot, and if needed, experience cool down. Don't limit the instance itself. It might be the absolute easiest way to do it, but it detracts from the fun. This may be an old thread, and I may be punished for this, but I can't post my own threads("new" account probation) and I need to say this.
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,343 Community Moderator
    mtMWouv.png
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
This discussion has been closed.