test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Did the rebalancing ruin all your builds?

Comments

• Options
    taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    neocatstar wrote: »
    it took me down from my previous effectiveness, i cant shield kill as well but since i had everything upgraded the nerf didnt defeat me:
    screenshot_2017-04-25-23-21-22.jpg

I can live with it, but i havent tried it in pvp yet so idk how that will affect my performance there, Luna has an iconian dread, im not sure what its geared with but its a nightmare to go against!! But i could hold my own for a while against her, we will see how i do the next time we fight.

Wait...
    Do we now have to load the Delta Reinforcements (and Naussican Pirates) into device slots now ?

Say it aint so...
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • Options
    thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    On the ships my chars fly the most, no. They are still enjoyable to fly. Haven't flown them enough yet to really find out for myself what is and is not affected by S13. The changes I have noticed so far seem good.

OP, if you're looking for sympathy because your OP build which was based entirely upon stuff which was broken no longer works how you think it should work, you'll get none from me at all. As to the threat of not spending your money on this game any more, I am quite sure your Granma will be very happy to hear her Precious is no longer wasting that $5.00 she gives you each month.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Rebalancing or no rebalancing, the game is still too easy to care.
  • Options
    kirstieinkirstiein Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    It completely screwed my sci chars. I have built my sci to be heavy on particle generators, GW use to be deadly and did a lot of dmg, now it is completely useless and it take 4 times as long to kill things, that is of course if I survive long enough to even kill them at all, because oh wait I nolonger have a shield heal because sci team nolonger heals shields only does a regen buff, which is completely pitiful and useless. Now when my shields go down I am completely screwed and die.
    Helping people is my passion in life. If I see someone without a smile I try to give them mine. :)
  • Options
    redvengeredvenge Member Posts: 1,425 Arc User
    It did not "ruin" any of my set-ups, but it did make Directed Energy Modulation completely useless.

So, now I have to find a new Commander Engineering ability for my Resolute. The issue is not "OMG, Cryptic nerfed my build", it's "OMG, why are all the Commander Engineering abilities completely terrible?". The Resolute does come with a trait that works around Aceton Beam, but the ship itself only has 2 science console slots. The patch increased Aceton Beam's damage by 15%, but it is still terrible with only 2 science consoles. I'm kinda leaning towards Eject Warp Plasma. The Embassy consoles boost [EPG] and "exotic plasma damage", so they seem to make more efficient use of 2 console slots. They made the bizarre choice to have Eject Warp Plasma scale with [CtrlX]... when I could just equip a DOff that completely immobilizes targets caught in the AoE. So, I'm going for the DOff, rather than try to get any decent level of [CtrlX].

Dear Cryptic, please give us offensive Engineering BOff powers that work with engineering consoles.
  • Options
    tarran61tarran61 Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    I've only tested one build in the new arc mission. I thought the space battle on almost to easy until the Battle ship showed up. I did have a problem with them at first. Under estimated it. The ground battle went well but then I've had time to adjust to those changes. So far no but again that just one Ship. The Intel Command Assault Cruiser. Lots of other builds to test on my 6 toons and 100+ ships. But like the Borg, I will adjust.
    Positive thoughts.
    NeAC.gif
  • Options
    hanover2hanover2 Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    Oh, the histrionics. Someone get me my fainting couch.
  • Options
    nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    My Mat'Ha engie chugs along nicely and the damage output doesn't seem to have change much at all for me. I'm still running my BFAW3 build with full disruptors and nausican disruptor based torpedo and it's holding it's own like it did before the changes. I think I might even have a little better staying power now after the changes.
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • Options
    koppsterkoppster Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    pattonian wrote: »
    Or whine, moan and quit, it's up to you....

Comments like this aren't productive, or helpful. No need to be so abrasive.

Personally, I'm finding my sci abilities are doing a lot less damage. DRB in particular. GW is doing less kinetic damage also and torps seem to have been nerfed too. It's nice that my Gravimetrics are proccing reliable rifts, but overall I'm parsing much lower than I used to with the same build. Currently experimenting to see where I can tweak things :/

• Options
    node31#9773 node31 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    > @ussvaliant#6064 said:
    > Until the NPC scaling issue is fixed where doing an advanced or elite is putting you in combat with NPC's scaled to normal difficulty I can't really answer this question as I've been unable to test my build on Holodeck against the right level enemy

NPCs are broken only in some Ques,but you know NPCs are not only in Ques, there are Borg red alert, tholian red alert, patrols, and there they are same as before... You don't need parser to see how effective you are... If you need longer time to kill let's say Borg cube in red alert, then you're effectiveness did suffered, if you do same as before you can be happy...
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    Only thing I noticed is that my ships felt more fragile (in Borg RA)..... but, then, I'm a total amateur with things that barely count as "builds", so..... /shrug

(Random idiot question - do the Borg still have their invisible plasma torps? Because the whole "destructible projectiles fly faster" change might make that even more fun. :# )
  • Options
    goodscotchgoodscotch Member Posts: 1,680 Arc User
    I wouldn't say it ruined my build. In fact, it may have become a bit more potent if anything. Not by much though. Played one of the new PvP queues last night and was able to do well against other players. Also got as good as I gave. Kinda neat!
    klingon-bridge.jpg

• Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    3 of my characters' ships got a new weapon slot, and the 4th one got more resilient hangar pets, a stronger photonic fleet and gained 4 more pets locked in BFaW mode to replace the nerfed Plasmonic Leech console.

So no, I'm very fine here.

Pretty much this^^^

My build was pretty much trashed since it depended heavily on the leech to kep my power levels at a constant, but even tough its trashed my pets have picked up the slack might even slide back into my jupiter and make use of my callisto pets.
  • Options
    koppsterkoppster Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    Two wrongs don't make a right. The OP was indeed having a bit of a tantrum, but you have to understand the frustration of some players logging in after the patch to find the entire meta has gone to pot, along with the time and effort tuning builds and spending resources on upgrading equipment.

I'm not saying we should coddle people either, just that kicking people when they're down doesn't help a niche game with a niche playerbase and middling player numbers compared to "other" MMO's.

• Options
    orondisorondis Member Posts: 1,447 Arc User
    My build gained 20k DPS based on ISA runs on tribble.

So, no, my build wasn't ruined, but then I don't use exotic damage abilities and embassy consoles as a crutch.

coldnapalm wrote: »
    koppster wrote: »
    pattonian wrote: »
    Or whine, moan and quit, it's up to you....

Comments like this aren't productive, or helpful. No need to be so abrasive.

Right...because the OP was productive and helpful and non abrasive.

Exactly.
    Previously Alendiak
    Daizen - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
    Selia - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    koppster wrote: »
    Two wrongs don't make a right. The OP was indeed having a bit of a tantrum, but you have to understand the frustration of some players logging in after the patch to find the entire meta has gone to pot, along with the time and effort tuning builds and spending resources on upgrading equipment.

I'm not saying we should coddle people either, just that kicking people when they're down doesn't help a niche game with a niche playerbase and middling player numbers compared to "other" MMO's.

Personally, I'm of the opinion that you should call out unacceptable behavior wherever it stands, no matter where you are. There's about a hundred different ways to express one's displeasure about the rebalance of S13, but if someone decides to go with the option of "Being a complete TRIBBLE", then I'm not exactly all that sympathetic if people are 'kicking them while they're down'.

This is a video game, not something anybody needs to be taking so seriously that they think throwing a temper tantrum on an internet forum is the best possible option to leave feedback.

Plenty of people have been able to leave feedback showing their displeasure with S13, and most of them have been able to do it without being a jerk. So, the problem is OP needs an attitude adjustment, not that they're frustrated.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    elgroscrisselgroscriss Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    People complaining are people Min/maxing
    I dont even see how you could have fun already pre-patch by destroying anything in Elite solo under 5 secs so that you stay or leave the game is of little consequence.
    Nothing worse than being in a PUG group with a Whale that just skips everything, Full Impulses into the group and clears them all before I even have time to skip the briefing.
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    People complaining are people Min/maxing
    I dont even see how you could have fun already pre-patch by destroying anything in Elite solo under 5 secs so that you stay or leave the game is of little consequence.
    Nothing worse than being in a PUG group with a Whale that just skips everything, Full Impulses into the group and clears them all before I even have time to skip the briefing.

Yeah that kinda reminded me of a few PUG ICA ive been in, where 1-2 DPS junkies in their scimitards would beat everything before anyone got done with the briefing, hell once i got an AFK penalty well me and the other players because 2 DPS junkies in their scimitards beat ICA so quickly we didnt have a chance to kill squat.
  • Options
    nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    totenmet wrote: »
    Yes it ruined ALL my builds AGAIN like last time.

Did it increase the fun for me?
    The answer is NO!

Consequence: Cryptic turned me from a paying supporting STO player into a casual player who will not spend any money on STO anymore. In the past I always hoped STO will be supported for long time. Now i just dont care anymore about its future. Good news for other game providers, I will play their games more now.

Ruined is a strong word. My builds need to be...I guess retooled would be the best term. With that said I didn't support these nerfs. Cryptic referred to it as a "balance pass" that will increase fun, but it's simply a nerf to the current meta that will allow for the next round of power creep to be introduced to the players. Those players that believe this will be some kind of golden age of balance will be disappointed in a year or so when the new power creep catches up.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • Options
    johnnyray14#4257 johnnyray14 Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    My ship turn rate seems to have gone through the roof, and that makes me happy! I like to play Star Wars style with cannons, and now I can drop all my extra +Turn consoles and experiment with other stuff.
  • Options
    shurkhemolightshurkhemolight Member Posts: 399 Arc User
    corelogik wrote: »
    Q: Did the changes ruin my builds?
    A: No.

Q: Did the changes increase my fun?
    A: No. They didn't decrease it either so, ...

I barely noticed any of the changes. I build. mostly, "balanced", semi-canon ships that are fun, to me, to fly and use and fit in with my fictional background story of my fictional characters. I don't try to build "the best" ships I can and I don't try to squeeze every fractional drop of DPS or whatever, out of my ships.

Cryptic would have to completely redesign how ship mechanics worked to "ruin" one of my builds.

See this is the "meta" that has always worked since the game launched, balanced, hybrid dps builds, which people give others TRIBBLE about because they always go for the exploit/gimmick builds, then they scream bloody murder when Cryptic nerfs them.

• Options
    tunebreakertunebreaker Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    Do I feel weaker? Yes
    Do I need to change some aspects of my builds? I'm afraid so, yes
    Do I consider my build(s) absolutely ruined? Nope
  • Options
    shurkhemolightshurkhemolight Member Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    dragnridr wrote: »
    Kinda of hard to ruin my builds that got ruined during Delta Rising. I have never been able to recover. My Tac Captain used to be able to shut down my opponents, then take her time to take them out. Now she's hitting harder, but weaker than wet tissue paper. Now even if a fly sneezes, her ship blows up.

Saw some guy in Beta Quad say the very same thing in theory just the other day, how did he put it, oh yea, the only skill my pilot warbird (which is my best dps build) has now is "warp core explosions".

He is "doing it wrong" and anyone else who is tissue paper is as well, and was probably doing so before balance season patched anyway.

• Options
    jiralinriajiralinria Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    Short answer is: Nope.
  • Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User
    Well, I was using plasma exploders and FBP and everything before, so I simply changed all that nerfed stuff out, made a newish build and ta da! No problems so far! Experiment with new builds!! ~-~º(^v^')ºv~-~

d1Bhlgl.jpg
    Pretty much that. Something you used no longer works or works as well, play around with stuff until something works the way you want it. Heck, some of my builds actually improved with the new changes. My Universe class feels like it has sharper teeth, now. o.o

And, it might be mean, but it is kinda fun seeing some of the real hardcore DPS snobs getting a little humbled...even if it's just a little bit. ;)
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    I honestly can say that I have noticed no difference in performance so far...