test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Anyone else having sudden transparency issues?

rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
Last night things were fine. Patched today... hair and rank/patch transparency is wonky as all hell. Already verified files. Settings haven't changed since last night...
So... basically went from looking fine last night to...

20170425112411_1.jpg?dl=1
20170425111737_1.jpg?dl=1

Anyone got any ideas?
db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)

Comments

• robofearthrobofearth Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    All my Fed characters and BOFFs' uniforms have changed to black and white, and the only outfits that appear in the tailor are off-duty ones. The problem only seems to affect Feds - my Klingon, Romulan, and alien characters and BOFFs are fine. I'd also appreciate knowing if this is a bug or if a change in the settings is needed.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    My Romulan's got a bit of a problem with her hair and Republic uniform... and my KDF has a hair problem. Same thing apparently. Transparency.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • jaredza#2872 jaredza Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    Yup, some hair styles seem ok, others seem to be pretty ugly. Some look they're made of solid blocks of colour. I also noticed the Khan Necklace is blocky, and if you put chest hair on a character it looks like a chest plate. I'm not sure if some of these are just happening to me, or if they're happening to others. Maybe the same thing that's causing the tan square around the Starfleet emblem on the floor in ESD?
  • storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,253 Arc User
    Stealth patch or perhaps they fixed something else that crapped hair style graphics. Hope is not intended.
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
    Well... all we can do is wait and see. But its not just the hair. Its badges, some outfits, patches... just about anything that has a transparency to it.
  • r24681012r24681012 Member Posts: 169 Arc User
    having same problem square round centre circle in esd leaves on trees in esd look like sheets of paper seem to have square patchs around some costume belt buckles comm badges
  • velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    Had the same problem on Tribble prior to today's patch. It looks like the bug carried over to Holodeck as my characters are having the same experience. I do hope that this issue gets resolve soon, but I wouldn't hold my breath as there might be other items on the Developers agenda to "fix".
    18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg
    @velqua
    Actually... our CM just posted in the Welcome to Season 13 thread about it.
    If you're having these graphical issues, can you PM me with the details on your graphics settings and what card you're using? Thanks!

So... sounds like we're gonna see some work being done to narrow down the problem.
    rattler2 wrote: »
    @velqua
    Actually... our CM just posted in the Welcome to Season 13 thread about it.
    If you're having these graphical issues, can you PM me with the details on your graphics settings and what card you're using? Thanks!

So... sounds like we're gonna see some work being done to narrow down the problem.

The one MAJOR problem I am having with in terms of graphics are the PvE battles. The game freezes up when all the different weapon graphics are flashing. I literally can't play. I had the same issue over on Tribble, but it looks like they haven't fixed it yet. I do hope they address the issue. Thanks for letting me know.
    You're welcome. The only time I lagged was on the cutscenes aboard the Reskava in the new FE, and only from certain angles. Other than that... I didn't have a problem myself.

Hopefully the data gathering will help locate the problems.
    rattler2 wrote: »
    You're welcome. The only time I lagged was on the cutscenes aboard the Reskava in the new FE, and only from certain angles. Other than that... I didn't have a problem myself.

Hopefully the data gathering will help locate the problems.

I actually crashed out on a cut scene. I keep getting a feeling that their is a memory leak somewhere in the game. I know there was one that occurred years ago on DirectX 9, but was fixed. I feel like that issue might still be here on DirectX 11. Oh well, I just hope the Devs can get the graphic settings back to the way it was prior to patch.
  • ightenighten Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    I can turn this issue on and off by using that ssao switch

good place to check it is the academys trees
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cheyrnoblcheyrnobl Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    The subject of this thread makes me want to make jokes about politics, but i shall refrain. It's just too easy.
    cc9efaec920f318ef8a1b6184b623258.gif
  • shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
    I find it ironic that there is nothing from cryptic on this disaster
    shadowkosh wrote: »
    I find it ironic that there is nothing from cryptic on this disaster

Actually... our CM is asking for video card info as well as our graphics settings in an effort to collect data to narrow down a cause.
  • lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    I have not changed anything at all from yesterday to today, and exactly this same problem started today. So whatever it was started from the patch.
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
    edited April 2017
    I think they have changed some texture materials to suit the new lighting and its effected certain setups - from what i can tell hopping around different systems its laptops using intelhd when ambient occlusion is set to off - doesnt matter if 2.0 is on or off the same prob occurs (tbf on should only cost about a frame or 2 on an HD iris)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    sigh
    Both of my female toons hairstyles are hosed after this patch. It's like they stacked 2 different hairstyles on top of each other. I hoped I could change hairstyles and not notice, but at least 6 others are now as bad or worse. There's just random blocks (squares) of added hair in many hairstyles, invariably right in front of the characters eyes.

I gave up and left it alone- if they're gonna make me look like a doosh I might as well wear it proudly, right ? I just can't understand why my single core XP machine with budget video card looked and ran STO MUCH better than my 8 core w10 machine with high end video. New and improved, eh ?

FTR- The reflections since the patch are insanely too much, and I was forced to pull the video down as low as it would go to get rid of it, and the bad haircut remained. Guess they had to nerf my toons wardrobe build too.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    ighten wrote: »
    I think they have changed some texture materials to suit the new lighting and its effected certain setups - from what i can tell hopping around different systems its laptops using intelhd when ambient occlusion is set to off - doesnt matter if 2.0 is on or off the same prob occurs (tbf on should only cost about a frame or 2 on an HD iris)

I turned my ambient occlusion back on and it fixed it all.​​
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    People often say I'm pretty transparent. :) Seriously, though, I see no transparency issue of any kind.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    lordmalak1 wrote: »
    FTR- The reflections since the patch are insanely too much, and I was forced to pull the video down as low as it would go to get rid of it, and the bad haircut remained. Guess they had to nerf my toons wardrobe build too.

Yeah, that's specular lighting. And it's way overdone in many areas (ever been to New Romulus Command? The stone stair steps are like frikkin' mirrors). And should only be applied minimally on human skin.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
    edited April 2017
    Its overdone and bad (just as is the ambient) because nothing since L2.0 is applied as needed... Instead its applied on masse wether for good or for bad to simply keep the product in line with the consoles.

Its the most backward - lazy and farcical cop out (especially as they try to sell it as an improvement to PC users I have ever heard)

The simple idea is - room/model makers only have to do one lit version. Who cares if it breaks andis incompatible with 75% of the materials that the pc version uses
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    lordmalak1 wrote: »

Yeah, that's specular lighting. And it's way overdone in many areas (ever been to New Romulus Command? The stone stair steps are like frikkin' mirrors). And should only be applied minimally on human skin.

Yup, Romulan command has those marble floors that turned into mirrors overnight. The entire game is now flat colors since I pulled the video settings down to minimums. I think it looks better. Cartoon world for a cartoon world.
    ;)
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

if you serially want a laugh look at the iconian episode with the house of (whatever) - its like polished mirror city whilst fighting polished aliens firing polished effects from the guns

Again the issue being they applied it all over without even giving the slightest thought into what materials they used to create the original individual maps or what each gfx driver interprets that as.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rndfluctuation#1470 rndfluctuation Member Posts: 813 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    To the topic. Yes. My Patch-E char looks kinda "patched". I saw another post stating it's a transparency issue, and don't like it. (I mean the issue/transparency where not needed, not the post)
    I danced with some players toon on DS9 last night for about 10 minutes, and all they had was a dress and a head. Their entire body was invisible.

er...transparent.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

• jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    funny when i was on everyones hands arms legs? were pixelated i thought i had went to star trek online The matrix O.o

LOL, I could watch that sig all day long.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

ighten wrote: »

I'm not on a Laptop, and I'm running an nVidia GTX 650. So its not limited to laptops.
    edited April 2017
    didnt have a 650 to test with.. tbf its not an issue on a 970m so as you say its rather random but must be linked to the card architecture and txtr material
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]