test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Space for the design development of players

artemida82artemida82 Member Posts: 44 Arc User
Giant ships threatening the Klingon Empire. Graceful large Romulan starships. Classic design starships of the Federation. Where are they?
I am horrified by the appearance of new spaceships.
If Cryptic designers lose inspiration and they do not have any ideas, then the question arises:
Why Cryptic for players not offer e-mail address where players would be able to send new proposals starships?
Why Cryptic not give a chance to people who have studied design and have imagination?
Why we together can't again turn the wheel back to design a new starship, which again will be readily classifiable for each species / empire?
I please, before you answer, consider the old Czech proverb:
"Who wants looking way. Who do not want looking for only a reason. And where there is a will, there is also a way."
tumblr_inline_oomvjpBt8H1qjixz5_500.gif

Writer and Author: victoriakanakaredes.webnode.cz

"On the world is only one good, and it's knowledge. And is only one evil, and that is ignorance."
(Socrates)
Post edited by artemida82 on

Comments

• Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    Go on then. In a universe that gives us the Constitution and the Defiant, the Flea Ship and the Mogai, and the BoP and the super Negh'Var, what is your particular definition of what the ships should be and why it's more valid the the Dev's opinions.

Absolutely ever ship the Devs have made fits comfortable between the NC Class and the Sovereign Class or the Raven and the Ent J.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    Sometimes I do miss a little "Rhyme and Reason" for the ships in STO in-universe. For example I don't know why Starfleet appearantly fields a dozen large supercruisers of which nothing is any different from the canon Galaxy class. I understand diversity in ships and it's great it's here, but so many hulls just seem superflous to me. But the designs themselves are pretty solid and some are really nice even.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    angrytarg wrote: »
    Sometimes I do miss a little "Rhyme and Reason" for the ships in STO in-universe. For example I don't know why Starfleet appearantly fields a dozen large supercruisers of which nothing is any different from the canon Galaxy class. I understand diversity in ships and it's great it's here, but so many hulls just seem superflous to me. But the designs themselves are pretty solid and some are really nice even.​​

What is the point of the Andromeda, the Venture, and the Guardian? Why is there a Yamato when the Eclipse and Geneva (and the Presidio and Concorde) exist? Why are the Imperial. Archean, and Regent needed? What does the Sutherland do that the Scryer doesn't.

That's what happens when you give engineers what they ask for, they just keep going.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,329 Community Moderator

How many different makes of cars are on the road? How many different models? How many different variations of style on those models? How many over time? Humans innovate. Always have, always will. This above anything else you can head canon as to why there are SO MANY different Starfleet ships in comparison to Klingon and Romulan. ;)
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    How many different makes of cars are on the road? How many different models? How many different variations of style on those models? How many over time? Humans innovate. Always have, always will. This above anything else you can head canon as to why there are SO MANY different Starfleet ships in comparison to Klingon and Romulan. ;)

Cars differ because their owners want to individualize. For ships in Starfleet service this doesn't apply.

I don't even argue "variants" - when you look at STOs Galaxy, the Monarch is a variant not a different class, it's exterior is modified for whatever reason and mission profile, but it is the same ship class. The Venture type is a refit of Galaxy/Monarch hulls that were in service, also fine. However, the Andromeda makes no sense as this is a new class, a direct successor to the Galaxy since the original hull isn't produced any more. That would be perfectly fine, if not the Oddyssey, it's variants, the CBCs and it's variants, the Guardian and the Star Cruiser lor wise replace everything the galaxy did already, the Oddysseys even come with the separation feature (which is not only a "lifeboat" but, according to Probert's design concepts, was supposed to be a retrievable landing module for large scale landing operations). So the Andromeda is completely superflous, it doesn't do anything the others couldn't do. And sTarfleet is all about module design and standardization to streamline a service incorporating over 100 alien members to one common standard - "hotrodding" ships doesn't really make sense here pig-3.gif​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User

Cars differ because their owners want to individualize. For ships in Starfleet service this doesn't apply.
    Players want to individualize. Cryptic wants to sell ships. QED.
  • Options
    warpangel wrote: »
    Players want to individualize. Cryptic wants to sell ships. QED.

That's not the point.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
  • Options
    artemida82artemida82 Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    artan42 wrote: »
    Go on then. In a universe that gives us the Constitution and the Defiant, the Flea Ship and the Mogai, and the BoP and the super Negh'Var, what is your particular definition of what the ships should be and why it's more valid the the Dev's opinions.

Absolutely ever ship the Devs have made fits comfortable between the NC Class and the Sovereign Class or the Raven and the Ent J.​​

In any case, I did not mean the number of ship variations. Where the so-called "buried dog" is the opacity of the Klingon or Romulan star ships.
    Many new types look ridiculous. It is difficult to say whether they are for laughter or crying.
    The overwhelming majority of designers' attention belongs to the Federation. Costumes, ESD, star ships, boats, everything is more and much better than Klingons or Romulans.
    As for the so-called "Alliance starships," their looks are ridiculous and really repellent. :|
    tumblr_inline_oomvjpBt8H1qjixz5_500.gif

Writer and Author: victoriakanakaredes.webnode.cz

"On the world is only one good, and it's knowledge. And is only one evil, and that is ignorance."
    (Socrates)
  • Options
    tarran61tarran61 Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    I know why there are so many but in the real StarFleet I figure it would be more like the US Navy, So many ships but so few ship types. Commissioned (USS);
    Positive thoughts.
    NeAC.gif